Is the PS Vita worth the money?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShermheadRyder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ShermheadRyder
Member since 2013 • 101 Posts

I've been saving up for a while now (not for anything specific) and I've now got a bit of spare cash, so £200-odd isn't going to blow a big hole in my bank balance. I've been intrigued by the PS Vita for a while but never really looked into it.

Anyone got one? Good value for money? Any problems with it? etc etc

Thanks in advance!

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
It's not worth full price, but they're cheap as hell second hand. I got mine with four games, a case, and an 8 GB memory card for 150 dollars on Craigslist not long after the system came out. Paying full retail seems like a sucker's bet at this point in time. The price has got to come down before too long, or retailers will just stop selling it. I know at my store nobody has bought a Vita since an employee got one on launch day.
muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

You say £'s instead of $'s so I'm guessing you are English.

I've been looking around for a VITA to buy shortly and oddly Game is the best deal I've found.

£170 with LBP, Wipeout and 8 small games, a 8GB Memoy card and the instore deal has a month of free PSN+ with it (Uncharted and Gravity Rush are the Vita games at the moment from PSN+).

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-vita-wifi-only-with-8gb-memory-card-and-kids-mega-10-game-pack-233789?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=151637

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts

yes and no.... in terms of hardware and potential... YES, definitely. in terms of actual value and games, no, not even close. it has a solid 8 or 9 games currently that are must plays for the system. after you get through those, there is nothing really to look forward to.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

Im personally more then satisfied with my purchase. I have a large library of games so far and between now and October there are about 5 more games I have my eyes on. I also can't tell you how thankful I was during the 4th of july, with my family with nothing to do, to have my Vita to watch a bunch of videos on. I must have watched 7 episodes of Breaking Bad that day in full HD. The only criticism I have for it is that the 3DS has more games out for it but its also been out longer then the Vita.

Avatar image for GlitchOnMyLevel
GlitchOnMyLevel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GlitchOnMyLevel
Member since 2013 • 136 Posts
I sold mine awhile back. The only reason I would buy another one would be for the ps4 games.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Depends if you find the games interesting enough. Do some research if you think the current library will satisfy you. If you think it will, then go ahead and buy it.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts
I love mine. Just look up some of the games and if you like what you see then go for it. I recommend rayman origins, uncharted, gravity rush and ultimate marvel vs Capcom 3.
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
It depends on what kind of games you like. There are plenty of good games for the Vita but the library isn't huge so some genres are lacking. I think's definitely worth it if you don't have a PSP and/or PS3 and do buy digital.
Chromium920

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chromium920
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

I waited quite awhile to upgrade from PSP to Vita, but I'm very happy with my purchase. I can play all my old PSP and PS1 games, plus I'm very happy with the list of current Vita releases. There's enough of a trickle of new games to keep me satisfied, and I plan on getting a PS4.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I got mine from GAME with the 8GB 10 video game and PS+ subscription bundle for £170

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts
Today you can buy a PSVita for 200euro and it is worth the money ....it is amazing system.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

You say £'s instead of $'s so I'm guessing you are English.

I've been looking around for a VITA to buy shortly and oddly Game is the best deal I've found.

£170 with LBP, Wipeout and 8 small games, a 8GB Memoy card and the instore deal has a month of free PSN+ with it (Uncharted and Gravity Rush are the Vita games at the moment from PSN+).

http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-vita-wifi-only-with-8gb-memory-card-and-kids-mega-10-game-pack-233789?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=151637

muffin200
Egads. Buy this.
JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

I love mine, and the games I am playing.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#16 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

Personally I'd say yes. I love the PS Vita it's a great system that's hopefully bound to get better once the PS4 comes out.  As for people who says it lacks games I own about 23 games for the Vita and that's enough so far to keep me busy

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I love my Vita, all around it just excels at everything. I've been playing Blazblue extend so much that when I played the PS3 version I had to stop because the Vita version just looks waaaay better. Wish I could play all my games on the Vita with its OLED screen. Thankfully that seems to be the case with PS4 so definitely excited about that.

The_X_Factor_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 The_X_Factor_9
Member since 2009 • 503 Posts

It kind of depends on how much you're paying, but the Vita is definitely a worthwhile investment. I was able to get mine second hand with a 32 GB memory stick for $220. At that price, it's a steal. 

If you have or have had a PS+ subscription from the beginning like me, you'll have a massive library of games to play. 

Persona 4 Golden was worth the price of admission alone. Plus, PS4 compatibility should be a plus. 

Take my advice, invest in at least a 16 GB memory stick and get PS+.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#19 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

I've got one and have a buch of games for it but I don't think it's good value for your money.

It's fun and I don't regret getting it but there are a heck of a lot other cheaper options if you want to game.

You have to look at it for what it is - a toy.  It's fancy but at the end of the game, it's a toy and you have to decide how much money you want to spend on a toy.

Right now the game that I'm playing the most on it is Hotline Miami - a game that looks like it was made for the NES - not exactly cutting edge stuff.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
its as worth it as the wiiu, tell you that and that's not saying much. i enjoy the hardware but right now the machine just isnt satisfying me.
Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
its as worth it as the wiiu, tell you that and that's not saying much. i enjoy the hardware but right now the machine just isnt satisfying me. Rahnyc4
? there are far more games on the VITA than the WiiU.... FAR more....