The_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Boss
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

When I buy a replacement PS3 I'm going to pick up TLOU so I want to know more about it.

Is it really that amazing?

Or is just a Great game? :)

hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 hyksiu
Member since 2010 • 2201 Posts

Well its a game that makes the convergenece of cinema and games a fact. If you dig that sort of thing?

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

I'm a hardcore pc gamer but this game made me to buy a PS3

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

No, its rubbish, thats why it got praised so much by every gaming website and every gamer...

/sarcasm

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

It's pretty awesome... especially if you love story telling in games.

mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 mgools
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

It is very good. My only complaint is taking a part of the game out of its middle to sell as DLC. Also the DLC is somewhat political.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Its pretty damn good

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Sure, it's great.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

It's good yeah but it's not even in my top 30 games let alone top 10

Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

It was a fun game to play. In my opinion a little overrated, but still extremely serviceable!

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

Imo, it has one of the best stories ever told in gaming. The characters were endearing, the situations they encountered were cruel, and the choices they faced were even crueler. I hated seeing them have to endure so much, and almost wanted to put the controller down so they didn't have to. It was a great experience, and thankfully, it's as fun to play as it is to watch.

amyh7292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

I loved it the first time through. For me personally, it isn't a game that I would play again, but it's good enough once through to be worth it if you can snag a used copy. Besides just amazing acting and storytelling it's probably in the top 3 best done "apocalypse/zombie" games out there. I don't think it's like a life changing game or anything, but yeah the hype is for a reason, like everyone is saying

Lord_Magikarp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lord_Magikarp
Member since 2015 • 374 Posts

If you like story driven games then yes it is amazing

CBASSON1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CBASSON1996
Member since 2015 • 60 Posts

I'm going to be honest with you and really say that it's an overrated game and it's horrible!!! I have it on PS3, finished it once, I would rather recommend Resident Evil 5, 6 and Revelations 2!!!

GhostHawk196

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GhostHawk196
Member since 2012 • 1337 Posts

I wouldn't play it on PS3, I honestly do not know how I was able to enjoy it so much when it was released on PS3 approximately 2 years ago. The framerates are horrible...

The Remastered version however is seriously one of the best games ever made. It has excellent combat, tense multiplayer, superb graphics and a meaningful story. For me a good game must have Excellent gameplay, Superb graphics and Meaningful Story, many games have 1/3 or 2/3, few games have all 3 elements which surpass the average. Last of Us Remastered does everything and better which is why it is a must play.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

It´s a very good game but it isn´t "WOW !!!!! OMG !!! I CAN´T LIVE WITHOUT IT" I got it, I got the remastered version, played it, finished it and haven´t touched it again in months to even play the multiplayer.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

Honestly, I seem to be alone on this front, but I found it to be incredibly overrated in the gameplay department. It completely failed to live up to all of the pre-release gameplay videos, and it suffered in my eyes as a result as what would have been a phenomenal game in it's own right was spoiled by doctored footage. Still a good game (and an excellent story) but is it that good? No. I'd argue GameSpot's review was spot on.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

it's a great, bleak and not a candy coated adventure, it does strike a chord with the player's feelings... it's one of the must play games imho...

matt2790

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By matt2790
Member since 2014 • 184 Posts

I think if you evaualte everything separately you won't find anything that stands out, but how they mixed it all up together makes an awesome game overall.

I expected more, but definitely loved it

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

It's a great game, I think. The characters are extremely well developed, much more so than the story, which is not bad, it's just the main focus is clearly character development. One word of warning, though. The stealth can be frustrating. If you so much as sniffle you're dead in some places, or else have to run around like a chicken with its head cut off until you find a place to hide.

Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@the_boss said:

When I buy a replacement PS3 I'm going to pick up TLOU so I want to know more about it.

Is it really that amazing?

Or is just a Great game? :)

I bought it for my PS3 and when I bought my PS4 is was the first game that I bought. It is seriously up there with one of the best games I have ever played. It has a sort of Walking Dead/ Fallout 3 vibe, but it is an amazing game.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

if u love a strong and an awesome story , this is the game for u.

its simply a master piece

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Great game.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I think so, so imo, yes it is. Best game of the last few years in terms of story and the gameplay is great too.

psx2514

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By psx2514
Member since 2008 • 425 Posts

How are the game mechanics, level design, and replay value compared to Resident Evil 4 (one of my all time favorite games)?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#26  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Don't buy it just for the gameplay. The gameplay's pretty average, doesn't really do anything that hasn't been done before, but as an experience, it's pretty amazing. It's brilliant showcase of what the PS3 is still capable of pulling off, and it has a fantastic narrative. Just be prepared to go through some lulls in the game as there are many "walk around and enjoy the scenery" moments.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@psx2514 said:

How are the game mechanics, level design, and replay value compared to Resident Evil 4 (one of my all time favorite games)?

Read the f***ing reviews companies post on the internet.

Gamespot

IGN

Metacritic

Eurogamer

GamesRadar

Nobody is going to spoonfeed you.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Personally, I enjoyed it very much. The PS4 version is even better. I played through the story twice and surprisingly, I will have a third run eventually. The online portion (PS4) is still active as well.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

yes its really that good and deserved all of the praise it got

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

It's OK. I'm glad I experienced it. I hated it the first half through, but the second half got really fun. I thought it was the dumbest overrated piece of garbage the first half of the game, and then I really liked it. After finishing it the slower pace of the beginning made sense after going back on it as a whole.

derrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#31 derrange
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

The Last Of Us is a reason to buy PlayStation and become Sony fanboy, so ofc it is. I think it is the best game ever created.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SpiderLuke said:

It's OK. I'm glad I experienced it. I hated it the first half through, but the second half got really fun. I thought it was the dumbest overrated piece of garbage the first half of the game, and then I really liked it. After finishing it the slower pace of the beginning made sense after going back on it as a whole.

You shouldn't let things become overrated or underrated for you personally. Inflating the HYPE leads to disappointment for any product albeit book, music, tv show, movie, or game.

Imagine if you had just played TLOU and not hearing anything, perhaps you wouldn't have went in with a chip on your shoulder about how overrated it was. I suppose it's good that the second half of the game was good enough for you to overcome the bias of overrated opinions generated by others.

I try to play games in a bubble, as if I'm living on an island and mystery games were sent to me. It's so much better for my personal experience.

It's a shame that good games in particular are sometimes judged by what other people thought of the product they got to play before you did.

I have liked and disliked many games/other forms of media in my past. However, I have never held the ratings of others as a reason I didn't like the product. I try to judge the product by what is in front of me, not what others said and made me imagine.

I used to let HYPE ruin products for me. "Tommy said the new Movie is amazing, BEST MOVIE EVER!!" Then, when I see the film I see that it is indeed good, but not ANY where remotely near THE BEST!!! as Tommy proclaimed. I then wonder what I would have thought of the film without Tommy's proclamation echoing around in my mind. I imagine discovering it the way Tommy did and I might have enjoyed it more. With the Last of us, which was "overrated my thousands and millions of people"? Imagine that Tommy HYPE problem a thousandfold echoing in your mind. The experience was essentially ruined as I went in with preconceived notions on what a "Best Movie ever" might entail as you were playing The Last of Us whilst thinking' "It was the dumbest overrated piece of garbage" for a game.

Long story short, when Naughty Dog created TLOU, they made a game they hoped others liked. It's unfair that random other people's opinions can inflate our own personal experiences of what the game should include or be like.

That is also why I follow developers and try to buy my fave developers games day one. I don't follow brand, but devs and I can usually be apart of that first wave of killer games. Same thing I do for certain authors, musicians, and directors (film makers).

Enjoy these products with a blank slate.

Avatar image for Farty_Fartsalot
Farty_Fartsalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Farty_Fartsalot
Member since 2013 • 192 Posts

It's arguably the most overrated game of all time.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

@SolidTy:

@SolidTy said:
@SpiderLuke said:

You shouldn't let things become overrated or underrated for you personally. Inflating the HYPE leads to disappointment for any product albeit book, music, tv show, movie, or game.

Imagine if you had just played TLOU and not hearing anything, perhaps you wouldn't have went in with a chip on your shoulder about how overrated it was. I suppose it's good that the second half of the game was good enough for you to overcome the bias of overrated opinions generated by others.

I try to play games in a bubble, as if I'm living on an island and mystery games were sent to me. It's so much better for my personal experience.

It's a shame that good games in particular are sometimes judged by what other people thought of the product they got to play before you did.

I have liked and disliked many games/other forms of media in my past. However, I have never held the ratings of others as a reason I didn't like the product. I try to judge the product by what is in front of me, not what others said and made me imagine.

I used to let HYPE ruin products for me. "Tommy said the new Movie is amazing, BEST MOVIE EVER!!" Then, when I see the film I see that it is indeed good, but not ANY where remotely near THE BEST!!! as Tommy proclaimed. I then wonder what I would have thought of the film without Tommy's proclamation echoing around in my mind. I imagine discovering it the way Tommy did and I might have enjoyed it more. With the Last of us, which was "overrated my thousands and millions of people"? Imagine that Tommy HYPE problem a thousandfold echoing in your mind. The experience was essentially ruined as I went in with preconceived notions on what a "Best Movie ever" might entail as you were playing The Last of Us whilst thinking' "It was the dumbest overrated piece of garbage" for a game.

Long story short, when Naughty Dog created TLOU, they made a game they hoped others liked. It's unfair that random other people's opinions can inflate our own personal experiences of what the game should include or be like.

That is also why I follow developers and try to buy my fave developers games day one. I don't follow brand, but devs and I can usually be apart of that first wave of killer games. Same thing I do for certain authors, musicians, and directors (film makers).

Enjoy these products with a blank slate.

What the hell are you talking about? I expected it to be great going in, and that was my opinion. I didn't like the pacing of the first half, but I liked the second half. End of story. Dial it back with the preachy bull crap. I didn't let anyone sway the way I thought.

Plus, how do you even avoid hearing what other people say? There's no way you are not going to hear everything positive or negative with a game of that caliber. Just because I heard what others said about the game doesn't mean that's the reason I felt one way or another. It just means I'm human and I had a different opinion than the majority. Nothing was ruined for me.

Jeez.

Avatar image for kingcobrasoccer
kingcobrasoccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kingcobrasoccer
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts

yes, yes it is.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

If you like your videogames to play out like a panned Zombie movie, then yes - TLOU is everything you've hoped for and more.

If you like your videogames to be consistently fun, unpretentious, and unique...I'd probably pass because TLOU is none of those things. TLOU will be quick to assume that you absolutely love the story its telling, so if the game's assumption is wrong...well...you wasted your money, because the rest of the game will be about serving the story with the same TPS mechanics we've been accustomed to for over a decade, instead of serving unique, interesting gameplay.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

It's one of the best games on the PS3.....and the PS4.

CleanB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CleanB
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

Yes.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Let me put it this way. I generally hate cinematically focused games. Uncharted 2 is absolutely terrible in almost every way, Bioshock Infinite was awful, I won;t even touch Heavy Rain etc.

The Last of Us? This game is pretty genius and incredible in a lot of ways. It isn't perfect and it does fall into a lot of those bad cinematic trends, but it does so many things exceptionally well. Winter blew my mind and I'll never forget it. I'd recommend this game to just about anyone

@KHAndAnime The Last of Us a TPS? It doesn't serve up unique and interesting gameplay? We clearly aren't talking about the same game. TLOU was a completely fresh experience for me. One that actively deters players from firing a single bullet. It was about being smart and using the environment and few trinkets laying around to overcome tense situations. If anything it was a stealth game. Shooting a gun was suicide in almost every situation in that game.

thomasmcshea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thomasmcshea
Member since 2013 • 40 Posts

The Last of Us is a really good game, but I wouldn't put it on a golden pedestal.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I didn't play the original on PS3 and got it for PS4.... another masterpiece from ND !!!