Is Ratchet and Clank Future underrated?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

War-Tex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 War-Tex
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
Topic.
Rich1631

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Rich1631
Member since 2005 • 946 Posts
Hell yes, that game is so much fun. I loved the vibrant/trippy colors and Captain Qwark. Qwark is so damn funny!
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
Yes, being that the PS3 install base was much lower at the time of release, it also reflected on sales of the game. Excluding GS, the critics loved it, there just wasn't enough people putting the word out on how great the game is.
kilzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 kilzombie
Member since 2006 • 177 Posts
Definetly, it's one of the best PS3 games out there right now.
beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
to be honest i think its overrated...
War-Tex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 War-Tex
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts

to be honest i think its overrated...beinss

You have it?

GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts
I have it. but i don't like it, my girlfriend likes it but i just find it boring and repetitive and although yes it does look fantastic, very vibrant... the gameplay just isn't there for me... it's easy, it's not fun it's just repetitive and boring i think. Hate to say it...but childish, and i just don't find that interesting.
Avatar image for ragdollsrock012
ragdollsrock012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 ragdollsrock012
Member since 2007 • 396 Posts
Yah, too underrated.
GUNpoint_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 GUNpoint_
Member since 2008 • 1964 Posts
the game is a lot of fun, no doubt, and the weapons are a lot of fun to use, especially the flamethrower. but unfortunately, you can beat the entire game without dying once. even on hard mode.
MacaroniMoses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MacaroniMoses
Member since 2003 • 682 Posts
It seems to be rated about right.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
I don't think it's "underrated", I'd say underappreciated is a better word. It scored very well almost everywhere, and last time I looked, it had a 88 on Metacritic.
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts
Well, underrated by GameSpot - it scored great with other sites.
Handsome-Dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Handsome-Dead
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts

I wouldn't have said the game is particularly underrated, but I would agree with other comments, it is fun to play, and possesses vibrant Pixar-esque environments & characters, I especially love Captain Qwark :)

But it does at times become just a little repetetive, so I would say it's rating is about right in all honesty.

Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

I don't think it's "underrated", I'd say underappreciated is a better word. It scored very well almost everywhere, and last time I looked, it had a 88 on Metacritic. Jbul

That's a better way of wording what I wanted to say.

Avatar image for Unkn0wn_W4rri0r
Unkn0wn_W4rri0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Unkn0wn_W4rri0r
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

Ya its definetly underrated. Not too many people talk about it or give it a big chance. One of the best PS3 games now and probably THE BEST game of the series.

W4rri0r

titanium2108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 titanium2108
Member since 2008 • 305 Posts

Does the Ratchet and Clank series follow a storyline or are they all independent? I've been interested in the series but never actually played one, but it does look like a great series. According to this review, the online play is dead. What exactly is there to do online? Also, he compared it to Star Wars, which I find hard to see the comparison, can someone explain that too..

mlcj15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mlcj15
Member since 2008 • 175 Posts

Ya its definetly underrated. Not too many people talk about it or give it a big chance. One of the best PS3 games now and probably THE BEST game of the series.

W4rri0r

Unkn0wn_W4rri0r

I don't know if I'd go that far. It was a good game, but at times the guns felt a little too powerful. IMO Up Your Arsenal and Going Commando were both better than this one.

zizaz11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 zizaz11
Member since 2006 • 67 Posts
Yes!!! Ratchet games are so innovative compared to other games that it makes most others look silly!!!!
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts

to be honest i think its overrated...beinss

I agree... I think it's a good game and it's way too overrated in my opinion. I passed it and now I will be selling it to get some $$ back for it.

Narcadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Narcadox
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts

I think the whole series was. Most people see R&C games as kiddy games and are reluctant to try them, which is a shame because they're all awesome.

Even though the origional R&C was the first Western game to be bundled with PS2's in Japan and was the first Western game to crack the Japan's top 100 games list. Which IMO is quite an achivement.

azadiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 azadiscool
Member since 2008 • 322 Posts
Its a great game just no co-op, but don't take my word for it, there is probably a demo somewhere...
darkwolfs48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 darkwolfs48
Member since 2003 • 87 Posts
Its a toss up. By the time I beat it, I was ready to trade it back in. I felt myself using the same 3 or 4 weapons in the game. The shock whip thingy, the fusion grenades, predator launcher and the default magma gun. Sure the other weapons have novelty but theres only so many times I can throw a Groovitron or the one that turns mobs into penguins and laugh like I did the first time I seen it. So yeah I could say the game was repetative to my standard of playing. The story I didn't care for but I dont beleive you play a platformer for story. Id say the gamespot review was low but I think a 9.0 would have been high. Uncharted is the kind of game that deserves a 9.0.
GazzaB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#23 GazzaB
Member since 2004 • 27139 Posts
Definitely. Its a 9.0 at least. The review was a grade A joke though, i dont think anyone takes it seriously.
Ratchet-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ratchet-Man
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
im a ratchet fan (read my name) and i think that was the worst RC game yet. i probaly doesdeserve the 7.5 ,maybe a 8, but it was so short and easy. and the story wasnt realy good and no multiplayer(mp wasnt that great but it was ok)
JetMoto6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JetMoto6
Member since 2008 • 304 Posts
I love the game and the whole series for that matter. I think the problem is that the platforming genre is dying. It was best suited for older systems but its not what people want anymore I think. I sure can't get enough of it though. I think FPS's are the platforming games of today. R & C certainly has the potential to keep up though because it is more of an action platformer. I just hope they make the next game on a Blu Ray and not just a downloadable game off of the PSN.
JetMoto6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JetMoto6
Member since 2008 • 304 Posts
Oh and keep in mind that the developer behind R&C is putting a game out every year. Not something every developer can do these days.
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts

Oh and keep in mind that the developer behind R&C is putting a game out every year. Not something every developer can do these days.JetMoto6

Indeed. Insomniac has put a game out every year for the past 6 years, which is just friggin awesome since they're all quality games too. The worst of the six is probably Ratchet: Deadlocked, and even that wasn't that bad (it just really didn't fit in the series as well).

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Ratchet and Clank is fantastic. It's hardly underrated though, it's got an average score of 88/100 on Metacritic.
Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Ratchet and Clank was definitely underrated on Gamespot. Myself, I rated it a 9.0 which is only slightly higher than the critic average. I would have rated it higher, but it was definitely the easiest one I have played. Maybe it was that way because they were spending more time on getting the graphics right on the PS3. Still, it stands as one of the best gaming experiences on the PS3.
Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts
Yea, i agree, they gave R&C such a low score. Gamespot were propably expecting something completely new.
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts

It seems to be rated about right.MacaroniMoses

Exactly. The sound is muffled, especially the sound effects. You do the same thing over and over. And, the aiming controls are just as bad as resistance.

But it is a fun game. Not the greatest though. Its still suffering from some last gen. problems. Maybe with the next game? *Probably next year at that*

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
i dont think so,,, ive owned it for almost 4 months and have yet to beat it,,, just because i get bored of playing it enough to finish. I think 7.5 this site game was way too low, but its just way too easy, theres no challenge. I wish there was a new Jak game instead
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Yes, it is underrated. It's so awesome and every PS3 owner should have this. It's unlike anything esle out right now with the bright colors and humor.
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

You thought R&C was funny?

00Raziel00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 00Raziel00
Member since 2007 • 1221 Posts
On Gamespot yes but its score is average %88 so that's a decent score.
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
R & c did happen to sell over a million copies which is good news after the slow start it must of had good legs