Is MGS : 4 gameplay good?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tamizhann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tamizhann
Member since 2010 • 74 Posts

Hi frnds.. i bought mgs:4 for my ps3.. just now i inserted the cassette in the console.. while the game is started, i was shocked bcos the game looks like war game.. (i liked mgs 2 and 3 very much in which the gameplay is in the SHIP and forest like respectively..) so my question is..... shall i continue playing it? will it be a good game? or shall i return it? (will the gameplay fully like the starting stage or will it change? )

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts

I've never played MGS4 and probably never will, but the only why to find out if its a good game and if you'll enjoy it is to continue playing and find out for yourself...so keep playing. :)

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
its better then the previous mgs games i can tell u that.
alexsfslo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alexsfslo
Member since 2006 • 95 Posts

Single player is very well done but it can't be said the same for Metal gear online.

sonic0491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 sonic0491
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts

MGS4 is actually the first MGS game I had ever played. It was brilliant. I have heard its got more action in it than previous entries.

Wisely321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wisely321
Member since 2008 • 686 Posts
why would you want to return a game if you havent even played the first level??? sounds pretty funny to me ;) tiny spoiler you will soon get to the forest levels later on
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

Hi frnds.. i bought mgs:4 for my ps3.. just now i inserted the cassette in the console.. while the game is started, i was shocked bcos the game looks like war game.. (i liked mgs 2 and 3 very much in which the gameplay is in the SHIP and forest like respectively..) so my question is..... shall i continue playing it? will it be a good game? or shall i return it? (will the gameplay fully like the starting stage or will it change? )

tamizhann

the gameplay has been refined and expanded at the same time. the stealth elements remain intact but you have more options now; CQC control is now more intuitive; most importantly, gunplay has been improved significantly and is now more rewarding and engaging then ever before. beyond that, the setting and story retains all elements that make MGS the unique franchise it is, so i wouldn't worry about anything if i were you. bottom line, MGS4 is more than a good game - it's imo one of the best games ever created and is also PS3's definitive exclusive title :)

wait..... you inserted what into the console? :shock:

JAM1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JAM1313
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts
its amazing in my opinion
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#9 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

MGS4 is the only game in the series where the gameplay is as good as the story in my opinion. It looks like a war game because it is one. You can play the entire game (with the exception of the Act 3) as a shooter or you can sneak through the whole thing. Or anywhere in between.

eleven1181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 eleven1181
Member since 2010 • 339 Posts

This is the most overrated game of all time,i played till half way through act 2 then got fed up with it.It was a struggle to play it to level 2

sdbobplissken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sdbobplissken
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

its my personal fav game this gen

so yes

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

The gameplay changes from act to act, from run and gunning to sneaking to whatever you want to do

and you'll play in different environments as you progress through the story

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

The single player adds variety the farther you get through it. One minute you're sneaking through a warzone, next you're in a gunfight with elite soldiers, then you're following someone through the streets of France, next you're in an epic motorcycle chase, I don't wanna spoil anything else but it's a ton of fun and the acts are never identicle, each have their own unique gameplay and level design. Chances are you won't be dissapointed

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
If you have already bought it, I'd say start playing it and find out for yourself. I thought the gameplay was awesome and its one of my favorite games of all time.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I stopped reading when the OP said 'cassette'... lmaoooo

solid_snake214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 solid_snake214
Member since 2004 • 259 Posts

if you're a fan of the series than you'll love this one. In my opinion it has the best game mechanics ten-fold. I bought the ps3 specifically to play that game. it got a 10 on gamespot. if that doesnt boost your confidence idk what will.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

The gameplay's excellent; it's one of the best things about MGS4.

Hanzoadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#19 Hanzoadam
Member since 2009 • 6576 Posts

Short answer yes!

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Great gameplay, responsive controls, amazing stealth, you can choose to just run and gun or play using stealth it's just very well done just amazing.
flexin007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 flexin007
Member since 2008 • 739 Posts

I hated it. Extremely outdated and slow. The ONLY good thing about that entire game is the camo suit.

big_boss1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 big_boss1988
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

its fantastic.

dalscowboys22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 dalscowboys22
Member since 2005 • 1335 Posts

i thought the gameplay was great for what it was trying to accomplish. also it allows you to play using stealth or just going through as a fps.

ImBleedingLAWL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ImBleedingLAWL
Member since 2011 • 61 Posts
It's the worst game I've ever played. I've never been so bored with a game before. It's overrated and just horrible. It was a pain to play for more than a couple hours. Worst gaming experience ever. MGS isn't for everyone. Definately isn't for me.. Idk how people can stand to like it but to each his own...
Antitheist-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Antitheist-
Member since 2010 • 228 Posts

The third-person mechanics are really awkward, play a good TPS like GRAW and you'll know what I mean.

CatsAndPianos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CatsAndPianos
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Yeah, It's an "Editor's Choice" of Gamespot and a Platinum game, I've played it like 13 or 14 times, so yeah, it's a really good game and directed by a really gorgeous person. Continue.
Jackininy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jackininy
Member since 2010 • 99 Posts

I actually just started it today and I think it's pretty fun. Graphically it stands up even after how many years? What I like about it most is the way you can choose to play. I started out trying to be sneaky but I'm absolutely terrible at that so I went out guns a'blazin and works just as well! :D I personally couldn't get into MGS 3 & 4 too so this was quite a surprise. Here's to hoping it's a good experience for the whole game hahaha

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
It is immensely satisfying gameplay. You can play it so many different ways too, which always makes it fresh.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts

I stopped reading when the OP said 'cassette'... lmaoooo

WR_Platinum
:lol: I didn't even notice
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

I actually just started it today and I think it's pretty fun. Graphically it stands up even after how many years?Jackininy

A whole two years.

Anyway, to the OP: the gameplay is nice and I found it fun enough. The problem is that there's far, far too little of it. Basically the game moves like this: 5 minutes of gameplay, 20 minute cutscene, rinse and repeat. It's pretty much like that for the entire game. This (coupled with some of the ridiculousness of the story) ultimately proved to be a game breaker for me.

Nercay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nercay
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
Crazy, you turn off a game that you've already opened, and then come to gaespot to ask if you should carry on playing it or not. The best option would likley to be just carry on playing and see if you like it yourself. It's a great game and i'm sure you will mate.
Mrmccormo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mrmccormo
Member since 2011 • 870 Posts
If you enjoyed MGS2 and 3, why not try the finale? It's one of my favorite games this generation.
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

Its tedious at times (if you choose to go the stealth route) and a total run-and-gun at other times, so a little of everything. I enjoyed it.

Cassette? Ha....I remember walking around my elementary school playground with my band-new Walkman thinking I was the bomb. Good times.

And then there was VHS...and tracking. Ugh...tracking still haunts my dreams..

San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 San_09
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts

tamizhann
i'm sorry but 'should i play it' Of course! Yu've played 2/3 and I reckon you have enjoyed those. BUT WAIT! Do yourself a favour and download the first MGS and finish it, should take no more than 12 hours for a first playthrough. Oh and the new battlefield setting is JUST the beginning. Later on you will go into a jungle and so on. Don't want to spoil anything but just play the first before jumping into 4. Hopefully, you will understand how great the game and series is. Finally, the game gives you the option of playing it with kill or no kills, just like the previous ones. Yes, it is possible to kill everyone but for your own enjoyment play the game like a stealth game as it is. Also, needless to say, on harder difficulty levels it's pretty much impossible to survive if you want to go and be a maniac and try to kill everyone. Whew, hope that helps.
Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

tamizhann

It's a little bothersome you need the opinions of others to tell you if you like a game or not when you've already BOUGHT IT AND PUT IN YOUR CONSOLE. Play it and decide for yourself.

tamizhann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tamizhann
Member since 2010 • 74 Posts

tamizhann