Is MAG Better Now?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

Sold it, but want it back. :P Is it any better since the first month?

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I sold it after the second month... I would say that it can't have altered too much from when you and I dumped it, man. It's likely the same game with a minor patch-up and the same community.

:lol:

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dunl12496

I sold it after the second month... I would say that it can't have altered too much from when you and I dumped it, man. It's likely the same game with a minor patch-up and the same community.

MonkeySpot

Yeah, I think I'll stick with black ops. Even though the aiming sucks.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

dunl12496

Don't have it yet but I will buy it eventually (BO), "MAG" was just messy, and the community was lame. People complain about the MoH online being full of camper-snipers, but "MAG" was horrendous for that, in my opinion. People ignoring objectives to sit at bottle-necks in the map or spawn points... I was playing with a fairly nice bunch of guys (and a girl) who tried, we didn't suck, won our fair share (go Raven! Had folks from B-more in my clan so Ravs were a natural, LoL), but at the end I was just feeling like I was spinning my wheels for hours and not really getting much fun out of it.

No idea about the game these days (for a reason), but if you already have BO then stick with it. The team games on CoD are usually a good time (WaW playuh, m'self, on occasion).

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dunl12496

[QUOTE="dunl12496"]

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

MonkeySpot

Don't have it yet but I will buy it eventually (BO), "MAG" was just messy, and the community was lame. People complain about the MoH online being full of camper-snipers, but "MAG" was horrendous for that, in my opinion. People ignoring objectives to sit at bottle-necks in the map or spawn points... I was playing with a fairly nice bunch of guys (and a girl) who tried, we didn't suck, won our fair share (go Raven! Had folks from B-more in my clan so Ravs were a natural, LoL), but at the end I was just feeling like I was spinning my wheels for hours and not really getting much fun out of it.

No idea about the game these days (for a reason), but if you already have BO then stick with it. The team games on CoD are usually a good time (WaW playuh, m'self, on occasion).

I'm from baltimore. And no I didn't pick raven... I like the Dolphins! :D They are a shoo in for the play offs.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonkeySpot

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

[QUOTE="dunl12496"]

dunl12496

I'm from baltimore. And no I didn't pick raven... I like the Dolphins! :D They are a shoo in for the play offs.

HA!!! That's hilarious!!! Yeah, B-more is a great town. My friends there got me hooked on "The Wire" (of course). I miss getting through there, used to do it regularly. BTW, I'm a Packers fan... LoL.

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dunl12496

[QUOTE="dunl12496"]

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

MonkeySpot

HA!!! That's hilarious!!! Yeah, B-more is a great town. My friends there got me hooked on "The Wire" (of course). I miss getting through there, used to do it regularly. BTW, I'm a Packers fan... LoL.

I hate football. :P But yeah I know packers fans here. HATE maryland though it's so boring. I'm moving back to texas! :D

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

Hell yea Go PackERS. They just set a record by beating 2 two teams in a row so bad that they fired there head coach(Dallas and Vikings):D

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dunl12496

Hell yea Go PackERS. They just set a record by beating 2 two so bad in a row that they fired there head coach(Dallas and Vikings):D

POPEYE1716

Yeah go steelers.s.... oh.

GAMERKID707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 GAMERKID707
Member since 2009 • 461 Posts

buccaneers,7-3

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FIREKNIGHT19
Member since 2010 • 467 Posts

No matter what type of game I play (action, adventure, fps, horror) I always go back to MAG. I love this game, but I must say I do not think it's changed much since the beginning. Yes made better by some updates, but as for overall change pretty much just the same. I do agree with Monkey that I'm kind of tired of the freelancing, don't know what the hell is going on, screw the objectives attitude that some people have. Hey people, you need to win the objectives to win the game you bunch of dolts.However I don't think that the sniping is that horrid. I've played in worse games with snipers, and usually in this one it's fairly easy to locate where they are and have you or some teammates take care of the sniper.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

No matter what type of game I play (action, adventure, fps, horror) I always go back to MAG. I love this game, but I must say I do not think it's changed much since the beginning. Yes made better by some updates, but as for overall change pretty much just the same. I do agree with Monkey that I'm kind of tired of the freelancing, don't know what the hell is going on, screw the objectives attitude that some people have. Hey people, you need to win the objectives to win the game you bunch of dolts.However I don't think that the sniping is that horrid. I've played in worse games with snipers, and usually in this one it's fairly easy to locate where they are and have you or some teammates take care of the sniper.

FIREKNIGHT19
Thats the problem with people, they have cod cod cod and it's now in their blood, all they know is freelancing and cannot change and so they go back to cod and then post things like "Oh it is so boring, cod is better!".
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

Your question should be "do people still play MAG now".

Sadly, there is no good fps games on ps3 this year... Treyarch makes bad port on PS3 version...that crappy resolution not only look ugly but also make it hard to shoot distance target. Killzone 3 might be good, but it's not going to get community size like COD...sigh

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts
MAG was a strange game. After playing the BETA I definetely wanted it, but after two weeks I was already bored of it. I still have it though, I might check to see if it's the same.
NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#15 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts
Killzone 3 might be good, but it's not going to get community size like COD...sighoajlu
That might be a good thing. COD is too mainstream, with too many bad players.
FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FIREKNIGHT19

Your question should be "do people still play MAG now".

Sadly, there is no good fps games on ps3 this year... Treyarch makes bad port on PS3 version...that crappy resolution not only look ugly but also make it hard to shoot distance target. Killzone 3 might be good, but it's not going to get community size like COD...sigh

oajlu

Yes. Absolutely. I have never had a problem getting into a game. Sometimes I might have to wait a couple of minutes so the teams fill up, but never sat their for twenty minutes saying "hey this sucks." Just played MAG over this past weekend. No issues.

FIREKNIGHT19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FIREKNIGHT19

[QUOTE="FIREKNIGHT19"]

JohnF111

Thats the problem with people, they have cod cod cod and it's now in their blood, all they know is freelancing and cannot change and so they go back to cod and then post things like "Oh it is so boring, cod is better!".

Come on John, don't you know that Call Of Duty (all Call Of Duty games) are the best thing in the world since sliced bread and the invention of the wheel. Lol.

JMattM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JMattM
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts

I've noticed the same as others here. Picked the game up last week and notice that the majority of the time, players just lone wolf it, which is really disappointing. The matches I've played (in Suppression only so far) have had more snipers + teamkilling than I'd like to see, and no one really talks much (I'm on Valor, maybe that's why) but I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.

In a mode as simple as Suppression, I'd like to think that there would be at least some sort of strategy to it, even if it's just deathmatch. Once I get into Sabo, if it doesn't get better, I'll just have to go without a shooter in my collection.

LowDownDirty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LowDownDirty
Member since 2009 • 96 Posts

The objective type games in MAG weren't innovative enough. When you have 32 or 64 players in the majority of matches the regular game types just don't work.

If they had some of Reach's big map type games or built on that it would've been a better game.

The fact is just MP in a game isn't worth $60 I can't believe I bought the game to be honest. Really a disappointment.