Is Last Guardian ever coming?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

Sony presser came and went. It had some good games even though most were know. The Last of us looked great and finished off things but that was the only last game there. Where is the last guardian? I know they had some problems but it has been 3 years since it was announced. Sony needs to say if it is still coming or not. Because the longer they wait the less likely it looks.

Gohansephiroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gohansephiroth
Member since 2005 • 9871 Posts

Yea some of these long talked about but never seen titles are slowly loosing steam IMO. I really want to play the last guardian but its just not even on the radar anymore, it and final fantasy vs 13 have almost bypassed this whole gen at this point. I sure hope TLG at least shows up at the tokyo game show, because i fear the worst for it if it doesnt.

-Vulpix-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 -Vulpix-
Member since 2008 • 2564 Posts

I hope the game comes been looking forward to The Last Guardian ever since it was announced, but so far there hasn't been much news on maybe Sony forgot about the game? I'm also thinking Square Enix forgotten about Final Fantasy versus XIII too.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

The odd part was when they showed during the presentation the list of exclusives on the board and the Shadow/Ico collection was listed instead of The Last Guardian.

Though, it may eventually show up, after all, I Am Alive disappeared after it was announced but finally came back (and after playing the demo it definitely impressed).

Who knows, they may have been in over their heads with the last guardian and can't finish it.

Shinobi7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Shinobi7777
Member since 2006 • 1064 Posts

Sony already announced that:

1- The game is still in development. No date yet, but IT WILL COME OUT.

2- The game wouldn't make an appearance on E3.

I 'm with you that they need to show something to keep the fans waiting, even if they planned to have as much secrecy in the game as possible(a-la Ico and SotC).

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
IMO, they bit off more than they could chew. The tech may just not be there yet OR they might just not be able to accomplish what they set out to do. They promised an amazing animal AI that learned, adapted, but still had a mind of its own...like a real animal At this point, I think it will either be: a. vaporware or b. less than what was promised Which is sad given the developer and their track record
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#8 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

All I can say is be patient, it's in development for a long time for a reason.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Didn't I read somewhere that Sony Santa Monica was being called in to work on it? The fact that they didn't even come out with an updated trailer, or a release date within the next year, sort of leads me to believe that the Santa Monica studio discovered that very little had actually been accomplished so far.

electro57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 electro57
Member since 2002 • 208 Posts

I am not worried, let the comapny take their time. There are way too many AAA titles coming out this Fall and the Last Guardian would just get lost in the shuffle. Also, it is one less game to add to my backlog.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I don't think there's any need to worry. Team ICO are very small and this is the kind of game for TGS, not E3.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
probably its RIP
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#13 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

To be honest my expectations are slowly decreasing.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#14 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

All I can say is be patient, it's in development for a long time for a reason.

Venom_Raptor

I am taking this mentality about the game

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

The Last Guardian is definitely taking too long to come out.

The_King82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_King82
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

Yes.

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ChikaraShref
Member since 2011 • 4721 Posts
vaporware am confirmed. unless its PS4 launch.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
It's best to forget about it until we hear some official news.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Venom_Raptor

clr84651

The question is: Would you rather it be released finished or unfinished?

ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ChikaraShref

[QUOTE="clr84651"]

Venom_Raptor

at this rate, its gonna be unfinished forever... or do you mean finished like duke nukem forever was? :lol:
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#21 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

It'll come out, just not soon. I've calmed my hype for it down.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

[QUOTE="clr84651"]

ChikaraShref

at this rate, its gonna be unfinished forever... or do you mean finished like duke nukem forever was? :lol:

Well Duke Nukem had no dedication put into it, just released unfinished, busted, broken and buggy. The Last Guardian seems like a game thats being developed with care, and so patience will be rewarded.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

Sony brought in several of their other teams to help Team ICO speed things up a bit, but it only perpuated the problem as Media Molecule kept pushing for floaty controls and player customization, Santa Monica kept pushing for QTEs and action game combat, Naughty Dog kept pushing for AI partners and cinematic setpieces, Sucker Punch kept pushing for the inclusion of worthless karma choices, and Guerilla kept pushing for the inclusion of Sev and Rico leading to chaotic disagreements.

So it should be finished by 2018.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

It seems like it will never come out and I think this is the case. What would really turn things around would indeed be a PS4 launch game. I mean if that was confirmed PS4 would automatically be on everyone's wishlist as soon as possible.

Drakan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Drakan11
Member since 2009 • 763 Posts
The problem is not if it will come out. It definitely will. Too high profile a game to "disappear". The problem is by the time it does release the hype and even expectations will have massively decreased. Now would have a been a good time to give us something new since people still seem to be looking for it. But eventually people are just going to give up.
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChikaraShref

[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"][QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

Venom_Raptor

Well Duke Nukem had no dedication put into it, just released unfinished, busted, broken and buggy. The Last Guardian seems like a game thats being developed with care, and so patience will be rewarded.

and too long of a dev cycle, resulting in outdated mechanics. at this rate, it'll be the same result. don't get me wrong, the game looks awesome. but if they don't finish it soon, it'll be the same result.
Rootbeer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rootbeer95
Member since 2010 • 490 Posts

Sony presser came and went. It had some good games even though most were know. The Last of us looked great and finished off things but that was the only last game there. Where is the last guardian? I know they had some problems but it has been 3 years since it was announced. Sony needs to say if it is still coming or not. Because the longer they wait the less likely it looks.

WllDan7
Oh for definite! The Last Guardian's release is next to guarenteed, I assure you. Team ICO are such a small team that given three years of development, Team ICO would make horrendous losses if they were to end development right here and now. If anything you should be encourage by the delays! As this gaming generation dwindles, The Last Guardian will be there at the end when a mass game drought is on the cards, not to mention delays tends to = a more polished and refined game. Keep the faith bro!
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Here is the only update you are getting on TLG. http://www.giantbomb.com/news/the-last-guardian-hasnt-disappeared-says-sony/4199/ TL:DR (although it is short), It's coming, but you get no info.
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ChikaraShref
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Here is the only update you are getting on TLG. http://www.giantbomb.com/news/the-last-guardian-hasnt-disappeared-says-sony/4199/ TL:DR (although it is short), It's coming, but you get no info.

i'm unconvinced. only reason they said anything is that they were specifically asked. instead of spending half an hour on that storybook thing, they could've given an update on TLG.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MethodManFTW
Did you read the article? Yoshida said he has no updates. He's a good honest man. And yes, of course the game is coming eventually, they have spent far too much money to not release it at all. Sony Santa Monica is working on it now as well, and they get sh!t done.
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChikaraShref
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Did you read the article? Yoshida said he has no updates. He's a good honest man. And yes, of course the game is coming eventually, they have spent far too much money to not release it at all. Sony Santa Monica is working on it now as well, and they get sh!t done.

yes i did ;) and for all you know, it *could* just be to make people happy. like i said earlier, i love what i've seen of this game, but with how long its been i have to wonder. games having a really long dev cycle don't typically don't do very well. if they even get released.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MethodManFTW
If Yoshida was going to lie to just make fans happy he would probably say something more substantial than that? Woo for baseless speculation. :P
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChikaraShref
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]If Yoshida was going to lie to just make fans happy he would probably say something more substantial than that? Woo for baseless speculation. :P

he was simply asked it in an interview. he wasn't the one that brought it up...
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="ChikaraShref"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]If Yoshida was going to lie to just make fans happy he would probably say something more substantial than that? Woo for baseless speculation. :P

Yes...
ChikaraShref

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ChikaraShref
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="ChikaraShref"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]If Yoshida was going to lie to just make fans happy he would probably say something more substantial than that? Woo for baseless speculation. :P

Yes...

anyway, lets just hope that i'm wrong on this one :D
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#36 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Sony brought in several of their other teams to help Team ICO speed things up a bit, but it only perpuated the problem as Media Molecule kept pushing for floaty controls and player customization, Santa Monica kept pushing for QTEs and action game combat, Naughty Dog kept pushing for AI partners and cinematic setpieces, Sucker Punch kept pushing for the inclusion of worthless karma choices, and Guerilla kept pushing for the inclusion of Sev and Rico leading to chaotic disagreements.

So it should be finished by 2018.

TheFallenDemon
At first, I thought this was false information, but then I realized how funny this actually was. :lol: