Is it worth getting a Vita yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Does the Vita have any good exclusives that isn't on the ps3?

I know there is Resistance, but what else is there? That Killzone looks good, but it's not out yet.

What is the reason to buy a Vita? I loved my GBA way back in the day. Convince me to buy a Vita.

A7xhto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 A7xhto
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

tbh I think you are missing out atm lol. Ragnarok is a really addictive game, it's almost like a monster hunter for the Vita. The online co-op is the best part about it imo, and there is also DLC wep, missions, and bosses to be announced soon. Assassins Creed is also another really good single player title for the Vita. The town is a LOT bigger then I thought. CoD Black Ops: Declassified is out next week, and it really looks like it is going to be a good game now, after all the changes. plus Playstation All-Stars beta was pretty dang fun, I really want to try every character's move set and specials attacks out. anyways I guess if none of that sounds good to you, then i would just wait for Black Friday sales.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

Idk IS IT WORTH IT? Honestly your the only person that can answer that, were not Sales Men from Sony, if there is Value TO YOu then by all means if not meh that's cool.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

yeah if you need us to convince you, then you probably dont really want one all that much. But my opinion is yes, Ragnarok Odyssey is great anf definately worth playing and was my selling point on buying a Vita. Plus theres the games already mentioned and Persona 4 coming out this month...all those should hold people over until march when Soul Sacrifice comes out

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

What I own on the system right now in exclusives/not on PS3:

Assassin's Creed Liberation,Dokuro,Escape Plan, Frobisher Says, Gravity Rush, Little King's Story,Lord of Apocalypse,Motorstorm,Project Diva,Sunflowers,Super Crate Box,Super Monkey Ball,Tales from Space,Tales of Innocence,Uncharted,Wipeout 2048,Zero Escape.

There's also:

Army Corps of Hell, DJMax, Little Deviants, Ragnarok Odyssey, Smart As, Unit 13

What's coming:

Dragon's Crown, Earth's Defense Force, Guacamelee, Oddworld, Muramasa, Persona 4, Picotto Knights, Soul Sacrifice, Warrior's Lair, Ys

Then there's the games that's better suited for handhelds...you get the idea.

JCMac120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 JCMac120
Member since 2006 • 2771 Posts
It's hard for any of us to answer that question TC. It really depends on your taste of games, and what you would consider the worth of the Vita to be. I have yet to buy one, but that simply because I found out about some of the Black Friday deals, so I'm holding off until then. However, it is totally worth it to me, as it is to most of the posters on this board.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

It will be come November 20th, 2012.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Depends on what and how many games available on PSV you want to play..

Currently PSV doesnt offer a HUGE games library but there are a few great ones... I got it last October and got 8 games.. Soon getting a couple more so if you ask me, i'd say wait for a well priced bundle and get a PSV...

There are so many great games coming up, you'll surely find a few you'd wanna play..

masterdrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 masterdrat
Member since 2006 • 1075 Posts

Does the Vita have any good exclusives that isn't on the ps3?

I know there is Resistance, but what else is there? That Killzone looks good, but it's not out yet.

What is the reason to buy a Vita? I loved my GBA way back in the day. Convince me to buy a Vita.

ristactionjakso
wait for the next gen before buying one or buy a psp, it's not worth the price + price of games.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Resistance and unit 13 I have enjoyed for exclusives. Even if games are on home console I still enjoy them on the go. Need for speed and ninja gaiden have been great on vita.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

I'm kind of in the same boat. I feel like I'll buy a Vita, play through Assassin's Creed, Black Ops, and a couple other things, then it'll just sit and collect dust.

Borderlands 2 would make it a must-have, IMO.

JustBoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JustBoomer
Member since 2012 • 188 Posts

I just bought mine yesterday, with a 8 GB memory card and only one game, Uncharted. And to me it's a awesome handheld system. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I guess if you won't be playing any downloadable games, wait until there are a couple of cartridge games out that you're interested in. Right now the system is starting to get a nice little variety of games, but a few of them are download only.

ScorpionBeeBee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 ScorpionBeeBee
Member since 2009 • 394 Posts
I just picked up the assassins creed vita bundle and good lord is this system awesome. I am still blown away by the screen, love how my psp games look on it. Hopefully the system starts to build steam this holiday season.
aryanbrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 aryanbrar
Member since 2004 • 2101 Posts

no personally its not worth it currently. wait till next year, with more games and price drop.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I do not own a Vita, but many people say good things about quite a few games. From what I have heard Uncharted, Escape Plan, Dokoro, Mutant Blobs Attack, Super Stardust Delta, and Little Big Planet are all close to must play games.

Wipeout 2048, Lumines, Gravity Rush, Smart As, Ragnarok Odyssey, and Silent hill are all supposed to be rather decent games as well.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat, and Need For Speed are supposed to be good on the go.

If I had the money to pick one up, I would get Uncharted, Hot Shots Golf, Escape Plan, Little Big Planet, and Lumines.

Assassins Creed is supposed to be ok. Persona 4 Golden is also coming out in the near future.

Soul Sacrifice, Killzone, Tearaway, and a Nippon Ichi Software game are coming to the Vita as well.

There might not any must have games for the Vita, but there are a lot of titles worth playing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19dc46a4767
deactivated-5b19dc46a4767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 deactivated-5b19dc46a4767
Member since 2012 • 118 Posts

YES for god sake... YES YES

Persona 4 Golden is coming out in a few days... Now it has 9 reviews and is rated 95 out of 100 average... Seriously? That's insane good.

I played Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Little Big Planet Vita, Gravity Rush, Mortal Kombat, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus. They all are freaking good. So good!

REMEMBER, you can also buy and download PSone and PSP games digitally and play them on the go!

Seriously JUST BUY PS VITA. It is only 8 months old. It is very impressive. I hope people stop calling Vita a failure.

shinigami-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shinigami-uk
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
wont convince you since i am not a sony salesman. however i noticed you mentioning fps games so i presume that you are mainly interested in fps games, havent played resistance or cod yet, but my recommendation would be to not bother getting a vita yet until more games are available. however if you are interested in other games and have the spare cash then go buy yourself a vita now. its selection of games so far is pretty good