Is it a good time to buy new PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mike123171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mike123171
Member since 2006 • 241 Posts

I was going to buy a new one today cuz my old fat has had YLOD for over a year and don't wana get it fixed again cuz it broke last time... but non of the stores had the 160gb slim wit killzone 3 bundle so im just gona wait till friday for the 160slim wit uncharted 2 bundle (not official bundle but from a store), but is the PSN working at all?

Also, if I log into my old PSN account into my new slim, will my stats from cod mw2 carry over? and will dlc games carry over as well? i just want battlefield 1943...

Thanks!

lord_soultaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 lord_soultaker
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

Trophies can be resycned with a new console, Things downloaded off the playstation store will have to be downloaded again, You will also have to copy game saves onto some kind of portable device

I wound't get a new PS3 till this hacking problem has blow over though

Ekxkfkfkdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ekxkfkfkdk
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts
No...it really is not a good time to buy a ps3. We're in the middle of a crisis (no online play). You don't really have the best choices right now. Buy a ps3 (with no online) or buy a "box" (lacking of quality exclusives).
mike123171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mike123171
Member since 2006 • 241 Posts

I cant turn on the ps3 cuz of the ylod so i cant save cod files over... does that mean i have to start at lvl 1 instead of staying in lvl 70? alsoif i can download battlefield 1943 again is it free on my account? thx.

lord_soultaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 lord_soultaker
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

You may possibly start at level 1 again thats what happened with me on Red Dead Redemption. You can re download battlefield again just view your download history on the playstation store find it and download it.

Ekxkfkfkdk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ekxkfkfkdk
Member since 2011 • 28 Posts

I cant turn on the ps3 cuz of the ylod so i cant save cod files over... does that mean i have to start at lvl 1 instead of staying in lvl 70? alsoif i can download battlefield 1943 again is it free on my account? thx.

mike123171
No, you will retain your CoD level. My ps3 broke back when I used to play CoD (wanted to see what the hype was about), and when I got my new one, I was at the same level. CoD saves stats to their online servers/database/whatever. I heard red dead saves it to your system.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
[QUOTE="mike123171"]

Ekxkfkfkdk
No, you will retain your CoD level. My ps3 broke back when I used to play CoD (wanted to see what the hype was about), and when I got my new one, I was at the same level. CoD saves stats to their online servers/database/whatever. I heard red dead saves it to your system.

That is 100% correct.