Is Infamous gameplay repetitive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stealth6spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stealth6spy
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

I played the demo (and i know that's just a demo) but it seemed like it'd get repetitive.

Is traveling around the city boring after a while?

And the same question for the combat.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

I played the demo (and i know that's just a demo) but it seemed like it'd get repetitive.

stealth6spy

Honestly, which game isn't? In inFAMOUS, just like any other game, you do the same couple of actions again and again but in inFAMOUS' case, I personally can't get enough of it. Grinding on rails and electric wires and zapping enemies just never gets old. God, do I love this game!

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Nope, the only game I find repetitive is AC

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Nope, gameplay is pretty well-varied.
SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

Naw man, as far as sandbox games goes this is the cream of the crop IMO. The story iswell doneand just when your powers get a bit stale, you are introduced to another one. I think this game is great and there is no reason not to buy except for lack of funds.

adizorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 adizorz
Member since 2008 • 1410 Posts

repition isn't always a bad thing...

merciual

AtticusFinch88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AtticusFinch88
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts

It is repetitive i guess, but like QuebecSuperstar said what game isn't repetitive? to me a game can be repetitive in a good way (InFamous) or repetitive in a bad way (Assassin's creed, IMO)

Infamous has a lot going for it due to the great gameplay, I even look forward to doing the repeated side missions because they're just so fun.

The game reminds me of V.A.T.S in Fallout 3, I can't imagine it ever getting boring :D

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

This is the usual symptoms of an open world game. There's probably too much space between major events you're playing, such as traveling from a safe point to the start of a mission. You could always try to find interesting ways to get from point to point and do the large variety of side missions infamous offers to spice things up.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Not nearly as repetitive as Farcry 2.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
There are tons of different types of side quests and what not. The only thing that would seem to get repetitive would be the combat and travelling the city, but they are so amazingly fun that it doesn't ever "feel" repetitive. For instance, you get around the city by climbing ANYTHING you want to climb, grinding powerlines, or gliding. YOu do those three things over and over to get around. However, everything you climb is different and the buildings are different heights, the powelines go every which way, there are gaps you can just jump over or there are long hauls you'll have to glide over, and then there's the grind/glide combo that launches you skyward. Its just too much fun running and jumping from rooftop to rooftop. And the fact that you don't get hurt from falling allows you to eff up without actually failing. Combat is crazy cause you can just shock the crap out of them or you can catch a lot of 'em with sticky bombs or you can melee the crap out of 'em. Use your force power to push 'em off the top of buildings. Snipe them out with precision power. Thunder drop on 'em from way up high. Or a cool combination of them all! And your powers are upgradeable so you'll never really get tired of any of them. Anyway, I think I've said enought to at least prove how in love with this game i am. :P Play it man! YOu won't regret it!!!
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I don't find the game repetitive to be honest. There are quite a few side missions and main story progression has one of the best pacing I ever experienced.

I encountered around 1-2 similar side quests, however in the game like this one it's by far the most less-repetitive sandbox game I played.

InFamous is all about fun, unless you hate lighting for some reason, I definitely recommend you try the full game out.

It's been a while since I had so much fun playing video game, this title is definitely much more appealing to me then GTA IV. In some sense, there are lots of aspects Rockstar should learn from InFamous if they decide to make another GTA title.

crix3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 crix3
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

It depends on what you want to call repetitive. Is it just simply doing something similair more than once, or is it doing that and it gets boring. Because you do do some of the same things over again and again, but really in what game dont you do that. The major point is does it get to a point where you are starting to get bored and just want it to end. And in inFamous' situation that is definitely not the case, this game is fantastic and once you start playing you wont want to quit.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts

It depends on what you want to call repetitive. Is it just simply doing something similair more than once, or is it doing that and it gets boring. Because you do do some of the same things over again and again, but really in what game dont you do that. The major point is does it get to a point where you are starting to get bored and just want it to end. And in inFamous' situation that is definitely not the case, this game is fantastic and once you start playing you wont want to quit.

crix3
Yeah, that's it. Like I was saying. You repeat a lot of stuff, but that stuff is fun to repeat. And yes, Rockstar could learn a lot from this game.
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
the side missions are somewhat repetative but the story missions are pretty varied
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

Only some side missions are the same.

Honestly, I don't find repetitive as a problem as long as the game is fun.

Tikicobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#16 Tikicobra
Member since 2009 • 2058 Posts
The demo was a poor representation of the actual game. The missions in the full game are much more varied and fun.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

They change up the gameplay quite a bit through the game, but you still have repeated enemies and missions....thankfully though you won't find yourself doing the same mission more than a few times and they're completely optional. The fun of travelling/hovering/grinding/climbing around wears off after a while too but not till you're pretty much finished the game (after you've basically seen everything/done everything).

deesterdee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deesterdee
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

this is a must buy game it is one of the best new IP's to hit any console

if you spend your money on this game you will get your money's worth grande replay value

a real winner !!!

alot of people say prototype will be better, it better be packing some heat cause infamous is loaded with fun.

I hope it is better that would mean both games would be 9 out of 10

I guess you could say I kind of like the game (just a Little)

buy and enjoy

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#19 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

Some of the side missions are a bit repetitive but, for the most part the missions are varied and the game is ALOT of fun. Having awesome gameplayalso is a big plus although it can be trying to reach certain things/grab onto to certain things.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#20 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

But on the demo you don't unlock all the powers

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

stealth6spy
Same impression i got from the demo. It seemed very repetitive and rather boring. Most seem to disagree though.
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

It's no more repetitive than any other game. My only complaint is that the game is way too easy, even on hard. Apart from that I'm having a stupid amound of fun with it. I really can't stop playing it.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It's only really repetitive if you just play a lot of side missions in one go.
lolwotrickroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lolwotrickroll
Member since 2008 • 1185 Posts
[QUOTE="adizorz"]

merciual

LOL I thought I was the only one who did that! I would always do that randomly for a few minutes in the demo
SerpentX541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SerpentX541
Member since 2009 • 654 Posts
I felt the same way with the demo, I really enjoyed it but was afraid it would become repetitive. but it actually never gets old for me. There is a great variety of missions and its great to travel using the grind ability.
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
the demo has pretty much all of his abilities in it so every attach he has is in the demo so you can try it out for yourself to see if you think its repetitive, say what you will about the game the demo a fair representation of what the final product is.
varuchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 varuchi
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts

merciual

adizorz

LMAO :D

Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Mitten123
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts

Nah - as you unlock powers gameplay changes - also enemies get tougher & tasks more varied...although if I had one task of just gliding round the city for 2 hours - I still dont think i get bored - I love that power!

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

What I found dissapointing is that after you beat the game all thats left is to look for stuff because I did all the side missions and stuff. It would be more interesting if there were more enemies running around cause thats whats fun. Seriously there is maybe 1-to-3 enemies around at a time and all I can do is play around with them for a minute and then they're dead. I wish there was a new game+ mode where you get to keep all your powers.