is heavenly sword worth $40?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
is heavenly sword worth $40? i know it's short, so how many times can i go through it without getting bored? is it like God of war?
Caduceus06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Caduceus06
Member since 2006 • 790 Posts
By all accounts, it is 6-8 hours. I don't think it has a hard mode, but I could be wrong. It is beautiful, though short.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

you should be able to find it a little cheaper, but I myself am gonna get this game also along with uncharted...

I beat both of these games but said I will wait for the price to come down cause these are great games to have in your collection... try to look a little harder online cause I am sure you can find HS cheaper than that

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I'd save the money for something else. Heavenly Sword was a short, disappointing and overall just unsatisfying experience that I had no desire to play again once I'd finished it.
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 polishkid99
I'd save the money for something else. Heavenly Sword was a short, disappointing and overall just unsatisfying experience that I had no desire to play again once I'd finished it. Silent-Hal
how many times can i go through R&C? that's $35 at meijiers.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Heavenly Sword does have a hard mode called "Hell Mode."

I thought it was an awesome game, but when I first bought it I didn't visit forums boards so I wasn't exposed to the same hype that other people were.

-DJHaha-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 -DJHaha-
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
You can probably get HS for much cheaper now. If you're a collector keep looking if not just rent it. R&C is worth a couple play throughs being the gameplay is fun and there is a challenge mode after you beat the game but your weapons stay so powerful that sometimes it can get so easy that its boring.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scianix-Black

Oh and I bought it for $60.

I think it's worth it, because I still play it every now and then.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
Yes, it's worth it! It's not quite as fun as GOW.... But it's pretty close. The action and the story are awesome... but the levels are pretty strait forward and don't require as much puzzle solving as GOW did.
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 polishkid99
Yes, it's worth it! It's not quite as fun as GOW.... But it's pretty close. The action and the story are awesome... but the levels are pretty strait forward and don't require as much puzzle solving as GOW did. haze_blaze
to hell with puzzle solving, i'm intrested in how many people i can kill with a bunch of sick combos.
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]I'd save the money for something else. Heavenly Sword was a short, disappointing and overall just unsatisfying experience that I had no desire to play again once I'd finished it. polishkid99

R&C is DEFINITELY worth $35... you'll need to go through it at least twice to upgrade to all the ultimate weapons and get the ultimate armor.
WhyuStillAlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WhyuStillAlive
Member since 2007 • 607 Posts
is this game still going for $40. it's a short game but very underrated. I will be playing it again if it ever gets trophy patch.
AntoineCoyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AntoineCoyote
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts
I wouldn't save the money for something else. Heavenly Sword was a short, sweet and overall just plain awesome experience that I had no desire to stop playing once I'd finished it. Silent-Hal
Fixed
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]I wouldn't save the money for something else. Heavenly Sword was a short, sweet and overall just plain awesome experience that I had no desire to stop playing once I'd finished it. AntoineCoyote
Fixed

Blasphemy!
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]I wouldn't save the money for something else. Heavenly Sword was a short, sweet and overall just plain awesome experience that I had no desire to stop playing once I'd finished it. AntoineCoyote
Fixed

lmao, That was funny.

FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
Heavenly Sword is an awesome game with great graphics and story line. Gameplay is very good and challenging. Should be able to find it for under $30 used at Game Stop. I enjoyed the game very much, but the only draw back is it ends too soon. But I have play it several times and still enjoy it.
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts
[QUOTE="haze_blaze"]Yes, it's worth it! It's not quite as fun as GOW.... But it's pretty close. The action and the story are awesome... but the levels are pretty strait forward and don't require as much puzzle solving as GOW did. polishkid99
to hell with puzzle solving, i'm intrested in how many people i can kill with a bunch of sick combos.

wellthey have one part where you battle hundreds of people at once...
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 polishkid99
Heavenly Sword is an awesome game with great graphics and story line. Gameplay is very good and challenging. Should be able to find it for under $30 used at Game Stop. I enjoyed the game very much, but the only draw back is it ends too soon. But I have play it several times and still enjoy it.FlashCharge
it's $40 used at gamestop, that's where i would be getting it.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="Silent-Hal"]I'd save the money for something else. Heavenly Sword was a short, disappointing and overall just unsatisfying experience that I had no desire to play again once I'd finished it. polishkid99

Im currently on my second go around +new game , *Spoilers* you can rebuy your weapons but they are called omega weapons , and upgrade ur armor more and so on.. and on ur first play through the weapons level up to lvl 5 , on the 2nd i assume they level to lvl10 considering i just leveled up to lvl 7 and its still going. enemies are harder to kill though especially if u dont have the omega weapons .. AND u get WAY More bolts its not funny.
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
R&C sucks. The graphics and gameplay are good, but the game is so damn easy it takes away any challenge. Beating the game feels more like an easy inevitability than any real challenge. The "story" is also beyond lame and childish. I think it was worth no more than an 8. I'm actually selling my copy this week to somebody off kijiji. I think Heavenly Sword is an epic rental,, a really great and engaging story, awesome visuals and a dumbed down gameplay style of God of War. It's also got the best motion captured facial animation/dialogue I've ever seen in a game. I have a longer review in my profile. I think I may buy it in the future, but not for more than $15.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
R&C sucks. The graphics and gameplay are good, but the game is so damn easy it takes away any challenge. Beating the game feels more like an easy inevitability than any real challenge. The "story" is also beyond lame and childish. I think it was worth no more than an 8. I'm actually selling my copy this week to somebody off kijiji. I think Heavenly Sword is an epic rental,, a really great and engaging story, awesome visuals and a dumbed down gameplay style of God of War. It's also got the best motion captured facial animation/dialogue I've ever seen in a game. I have a longer review in my profile. I think I may buy it in the future, but not for more than $15. signore
did you play on the +newgame? the enemies are harder to kill. Though i agree the story sucked. Personally the 1st ratchet was mind blowing :D but its still a cool game.
TUNEwon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 TUNEwon
Member since 2003 • 155 Posts
FYI, I just bought HS for 17.95 on gamefly. No matter what it's worth 18 bucks. Plus I think it will be on PS3's greatest hits for half off soon.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
its awesome and definately worth it
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
[QUOTE="haze_blaze"]Yes, it's worth it! It's not quite as fun as GOW.... But it's pretty close. The action and the story are awesome... but the levels are pretty strait forward and don't require as much puzzle solving as GOW did. polishkid99

Same here! The platforming and puzzling is what killed GoW for me.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
The game is awesome, and definitely worth 40 bucks, go and pick it up.
Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts
it will be worth when its $20...i mean yeah..the game is good, great gfxs, sound, story etc....but the length and no replay value doesnt make it worth 40 in my opinion