Is God Of War III Any Good??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NovelAmerican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NovelAmerican
Member since 2011 • 44 Posts

Is it good? I recently finished GOW 1 and 2 lol. Those were great games. I'm wondering if GOW 3 is any better? I mean,of course the graphics will be better but I'm talking about the quality of the game. Are there any new combat moves? Or is it basically the same. Oh, and does it play in 1080P? Or 720P. Please help out! Thanks!

vrizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 vrizzle
Member since 2005 • 1426 Posts

man god of war 3 is AWESOME!!!!!!

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

If you enjoyed the past games which as you mentioned you did then you will definitely enjoy GOWIII. There are plenty of new moves and weapons and the set pieces have just gone to an insane level of awesomeness. Also I believe the game is 720p.

Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

It's amazing, not just good. Technically the graphics are some of the best (if not the best) on the PS3. The combat though pretty much remains the same, there are 3 new weapons but they all resemble your main weapon (which I honeslty use most of the time) but it's fun and challenging nevertheless. Overall it's my favorite game on the PS3 so far, followed closely by InFamous 2.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Personally I'd put it below God of War 2 (and above the first God of War)

Slashkice

I actually prefer the first GOW, felt it had the best pacing and story.

darkhadou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkhadou
Member since 2003 • 649 Posts

Is it good? I recently finished GOW 1 and 2 lol. Those were great games. I'm wondering if GOW 3 is any better? I mean,of course the graphics will be better but I'm talking about the quality of the game. Are there any new combat moves? Or is it basically the same. Oh, and does it play in 1080P? Or 720P. Please help out! Thanks!

NovelAmerican
GOW2>GOW1>GOW3 TO
BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

NovelAmerican

I would rank the God of War series as the best is part 2, then part 3 and then part 1. Part 3 is gonna visually amaze you especially with the boss battles. Part 3 definitely had the best boss battle of the series.

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

Its a great awesome game. If you've played past titles and liked it you will like this iteration too.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
It's not better than GoW2, but at the price it's at right now, you should get it.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I think it is amazing!
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

Great boss fights, its an amzing game

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#14 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Yes indeed.

GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

Is this a serious question? I mean really?

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

720p and it's mediocre. gameplay is quite dated and level design is repetitive.

Srenjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Srenjy
Member since 2010 • 307 Posts

NovelAmerican
Are you out of your mind!? of course it is!!! :) im playin it for the 3rd playthrough right now :)
ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts
It's a solid game. Not the best the PS3 has to offer. But well worth a play through or 2. It's not very long though. So rent it if you can. Or buy it cheap if you can find it.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#19 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

It was alright, but it was extremely short and I feel its a bit overrated. I wish I waited to buy it much cheaper or rented it first. It had no replay value if you ask me.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#20 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

God of War 3 is epic!

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

God of War III has some of the best boss fights this gen. Chronos being one of my favorites.

wazzawazza18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22 wazzawazza18
Member since 2009 • 936 Posts

its an amazingly good game, and complete badass. buy it

Maxzimus77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Maxzimus77
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

Awesome game, graphics are stunning and the fighting is epic!

eleven1181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 eleven1181
Member since 2010 • 339 Posts

Its great i have the 3 of them and the 3rd is the best follwed be 1 then 2

Avatar image for 239923210228658420598666142288

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 239923210228658420598666142288
Member since 2011 • 364 Posts

if you liked god of war 1 and 2 you are sure to enjoy god of war 3, very much sure

MajinSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MajinSquall
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

in a word yes

in two words hell yeah

carlosvaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 carlosvaliente
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
God of War is a really awesome game...Def a game you have to try if you haven't already.
carlosvaliente

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 carlosvaliente
Be sure to read the strategy guides as well before you play
itsphantom994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 itsphantom994
Member since 2011 • 122 Posts
Its an amazing game, plus its pretty cheap now :)
Kusimekaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kusimekaa
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts

Where does peoples logic that God of War II is superior to III? God of war III is the best out of the trilogy, try playing all 3 in a row and you'll see what i mean. I played them all straight after each other, and the smoothness of the combat, the overall feel of the game when you first start playing God of War III straight after playing the first two is amazing.

The animations and gameplay is superior, it has a much better feel to it. In my opinion III is the best easily, however i may be missing something that others are not, i doubt it though. I think most people playing them all in a row would agree.

-Rinder-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -Rinder-
Member since 2008 • 1307 Posts
Lol
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts
It's awesome! Get it!
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
One of the best games this gen.
Inmate_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Inmate_69
Member since 2011 • 96 Posts
It is my favorite game and favorite series ever! You can't go wrong. The boss fight with Poseiden is amazing!
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

God of War III is amazing. One of my favorite titles on the PS3. My only complaint was that it ended :P

WnderWmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WnderWmn
Member since 2011 • 29 Posts

Awesome game, all the way around. Epic boss fights, just the right amount of puzzles, and the graphics are amazing! I got plat last week and thought I wouldn't want to play it again so soon, but just popped it in today - had a craving to snap some necks, LOL.

Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#37 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

NovelAmerican
This shouldn't even be a question. God of War 3 is the best hack and slash game on the PS3.
DeltaOneSeven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DeltaOneSeven
No. The savior for God of War I and II was that it accurately represented Greek tragedy (Kratos was the leader of the Spartan army, sh*t hit the fan, he accidentally killed his family and turned himself into a massive loser and tosses himself into the ocean--Greek tragedy right there). The gameplay was basically 'Hit Square Till You Need New PS2 Controller, You Can Alternate To Triangle and Maybe Dodge Once In a While, You Don't Have To, Though', but the way that gameplay was presented and interlocked with the story was amazing. It told a story with little dialogue and practically no cutscenes. It showed the tragic rage of Kratos and embodied him in his now iconic violent persona. At least he was violent for a reason. In God of War III, he needlessly killed everyone for no reason, burned down cities, and then tried to **** redeem himself? And the devs thought it would make sense to give him a little girl who would befriend him?! Do you really think a little girl would befriend GoW3 Kratos? 'I'M GONNA GO SLAUGHTER ERRYONE FOR NO REASON NOW NOOOOOOOO WHYYYY I NEED TO REDEEM MYSLEF KILL EVERYONE AGAIN BEFRIEND LITTLE GIRL' With meaningless story God of War III is just a limp, babby's first hack-n-slash. The cinematics are OK, though. The bosses are massive, the intense battles are great, but really if you think about it--you're just mashing the same button over, and over, and over again. Oh, and for the boss fights, expect needless QTEs. I hate QTEs. Cinematics and storyline really helped GoWI and II to perfection, but just re-using the same gameplay, and eliminating decent story? GoWIII just isn't worth it. That's my opinion.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

No. The savior for God of War I and II was that it accurately represented Greek tragedy (Kratos was the leader of the Spartan army, sh*t hit the fan, he accidentally killed his family and turned himself into a massive loser and tosses himself into the ocean--Greek tragedy right there). The gameplay was basically 'Hit Square Till You Need New PS2 Controller, You Can Alternate To Triangle and Maybe Dodge Once In a While, You Don't Have To, Though', but the way that gameplay was presented and interlocked with the story was amazing. It told a story with little dialogue and practically no cutscenes. It showed the tragic rage of Kratos and embodied him in his now iconic violent persona. At least he was violent for a reason. In God of War III, he needlessly killed everyone for no reason, burned down cities, and then tried to **** redeem himself? And the devs thought it would make sense to give him a little girl who would befriend him?! Do you really think a little girl would befriend GoW3 Kratos? 'I'M GONNA GO SLAUGHTER ERRYONE FOR NO REASON NOW NOOOOOOOO WHYYYY I NEED TO REDEEM MYSLEF KILL EVERYONE AGAIN BEFRIEND LITTLE GIRL' With meaningless story God of War III is just a limp, babby's first hack-n-slash. The cinematics are OK, though. The bosses are massive, the intense battles are great, but really if you think about it--you're just mashing the same button over, and over, and over again. Oh, and for the boss fights, expect needless QTEs. I hate QTEs. Cinematics and storyline really helped GoWI and II to perfection, but just re-using the same gameplay, and eliminating decent story? GoWIII just isn't worth it. That's my opinion.DeltaOneSeven

I don't think anyone plays GoW for a good story...

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
Absolutely! God of War 3 is an amazing game! Beautiful and fun!
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#41 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

God of War 3 is epic!

Venom_Raptor

THIS ^ I've played and finished God of War, God of War II, God of War III, and I love them all!

bluezclue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bluezclue
Member since 2005 • 1865 Posts
I have yet to play gow 3 fully... but I will say my boy bought the game a while back and I played the first few minutes of the game and all I can say is EPIC
pearlboy601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 pearlboy601
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts

Where does peoples logic that God of War II is superior to III? God of war III is the best out of the trilogy, try playing all 3 in a row and you'll see what i mean. I played them all straight after each other, and the smoothness of the combat, the overall feel of the game when you first start playing God of War III straight after playing the first two is amazing.

The animations and gameplay is superior, it has a much better feel to it. In my opinion III is the best easily, however i may be missing something that others are not, i doubt it though. I think most people playing them all in a row would agree.

Kusimekaa
where do you get off trying to apply your LOGIC/OPINION AS FACT and others as not fact. There's is reason why they are called opinions
brianbfds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 brianbfds
Member since 2009 • 154 Posts

God of war 3 is amazing you should really play it, the only downside is that ending is very disappointing