Is full auto 2 really that badd?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for videogameplaya2
videogameplaya2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 videogameplaya2
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts
I played the demo of full auto 2 and I want to hear an opinion from someone that owns it.  The demo looked really good and I need to know what someone thinks.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
It has the chance to be OK, the cars look great, good graphics.  But that damn controller set up hurts the game.  I think games like Full Auto are mostly compared to Twisted Metal which Black was just a master piece.  Black was more sinister, more dark and yes black.  Making it more fun.  Full Auto is a decent but gets boring fast
demoman314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 demoman314
Member since 2004 • 898 Posts
I personally love it. i played teh demo and then went out and bought the game, trust me, its really really fun. lots of replay value, a definite buy, honestly
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
It's okay, I like it in spurts in the online multiplayer demo but it's a little boring and convoluted in single player. Too much obliteration and with no rhyme or reason. I like the online multiplayer demo because it's a nice quick diversion, you get in race and shoot some stuff on a moderately sized track then it's over.

If you could race several track in the full version I'd probably like that and the battle mode can be a bit of a headache but it serves it's purpose sometimes. I like the destructive elements of the city. But over all I dont think I'd pay 50 bucks for it. and by the time it dropped to a price I'd actually pay I dont think there'd be many people plying it online which as I said seemes to be the more enjoyable part of the game.
r11011b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 r11011b
Member since 2006 • 487 Posts
The game is entertaining, but not ~$60~ entertaining...if you know what I mean.
Avatar image for videogameplaya2
videogameplaya2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 videogameplaya2
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts
So should I wait to buy it used or for the price to go down?
trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
Rent it.
Avatar image for live4thepackers
live4thepackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 live4thepackers
Member since 2006 • 13348 Posts
i hate the controls, i got the demo but the controls are crappy, impossible for me to enjoy it
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
Above, is the perfect discription of a bad review. Not in that he hated a game but that he gave an incredibly vague answer totally lacking in detail. Exaplain WHY you think the controls are bad, saying "th1s gaym suxx0Rz!!11!" without a clear rational reason helps no one.
Blaze_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blaze_man
Member since 2005 • 75 Posts
I have the demo and I hate it...
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
i play the demo every day i have no PS3 game yet
but the demo has online so i think its pretty fun
JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 JumpingMirrior
Member since 2004 • 11495 Posts
I personally liked it on 360, It looks better on PS3
TimothyB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TimothyB
Member since 2003 • 6564 Posts
Is the online part of the demo a normal race track or a large arena?
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
Is the online part of the demo a normal race track or a large arena?TimothyB
Both
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I love the game.  I bought it from screen shots and gameplay videos and don't regret it one bit.  Tons of fun online.
Silvaryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Silvaryn
Member since 2004 • 294 Posts

Full Auto 2 is one of the first seven PS3 games I've bought, and it is by far the worst of them. (The others being Resistance, Ridge Racer 7, NFS: Carbon, Madden 2007, Genji, and Fight Night Round 3.) I had high hopes for it, being a fan of racers in general, and especially ones with carnage and interesting environments. But hammering away at it for several hours proved to me that it's just not a very well done game, unfortunately. I found that the single-player campaign is not well thought out, and it got boring very quickly. There are a few modes, but frankly they're just not all that fun to play. And I am a big fan of all kinds of racers from Gran Turismo to Burnout, from Twisted Metal: Black to Flatout 2, so I'd normally have a pretty high personal 'tilt' in favor of this kind of game.

I guess one of the most annoying parts is the framerate, which gets very choppy in most every race where there is much environmental damage going on. It's ugly, affects controllability, and happens way more than it should on a machine as powerful as the PS3. I suspect very little was done to optimize it to take advantage of the Cell at all, because while the game looks fairly nice, it's not so amazingly impressive that there should be the kind of slowdown it has. If the gameplay were more compelling, this would be a lot easier to forgive, but it's just not.

I will note that I have not tried online play in Full Auto 2 at all though, so if that somehow manages to be a fantastic experience that would redeem the whole game, I have not seen it. I'd be surprised if that's the case though, since there already seems to be enough choppiness in the single-player portion. Having bought it early and regretted it, I was really glad to see they put the demo up for download. At least other people can see what it's like rather than going in blind now.

Lt_J_Dangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lt_J_Dangle
Member since 2003 • 533 Posts
I deleted the demo shortly after downloading it.  Guess it's not for me...
Quina919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 Quina919
Member since 2003 • 635 Posts
I was actually dissapointed that not many really liked Full Auto 1 and 2. I agree that it's not worth $60 and it's definately not as polished (gameplay wise) as it could be, but I still found it to be very enjoyable once you get used to the controls.
deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deadkingdg
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
It's okay IMO. The controls are horrible, I just can't aim with homing missiles, drive and fire. Fire buttons should really be on L or R, like in Twisted metal, that way we could aim and fire.

And I don't know if the real game is like that, but in the demo, you just join a random game. Can't you play versus your friends? Plus at the end of the game, the score board stays there way too long, I would like to be able to end it earlier by pressing a button.