Is FF13 really good? I need a non-biased feedback.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

I've read a lot of feedbacks about FF13 and majority of it are good. Is the game really good or are the feedbacks I've read came from FF fans?

I need an honest feedback, like from an FF fan who didn't like it or a non-FF fan who likes it.

I'm still 50:50 on getting FF13.

Avatar image for NakedSnake-1993
NakedSnake-1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NakedSnake-1993
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts

have never been a fan of fanial fantasy, But this one loked really good so i got it last night i cant stop playing it. It starts off a little slow but really picks up after an hour. Sooo yeah its a really good game and worth the money.

GalufUndies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 GalufUndies
Member since 2010 • 103 Posts
It has a very innocent and sensitive sound track in certain parts of the game. (LA LA LA LA, beautiful woman singing type of deal.) The characters have a similar nature of vulnerability and innocence. The story line can get a bit confusing to follow but the character conflict is sincere, believable and easy to lash onto, it compensates and fills in any missing gaps. It's becoming evident that the story is really about the characters, naturally,but it's focus is on their future and their fate, rather than world domination/ typical apocylst world setting. The graphics are descent, seen better. From what I've played so far I really enjoy the game but the battle system has changed drastically. However if you're a real final fantasy fan you'll see influences from all the previous titles. From what I see so far FF 13 is a combination of FF 5-12. I haven't seen much of the first 4 in the game.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
Being a FF fan from the beginning, I was pretty disappointed at how much it changed, but I got over it once I realized that -breaking every sacred tradition of the series or not- this game is pretty freakin' awesome. I'm still not completely sold on the battle system, but its definitely fun in its own right. Its worth your money, I promise.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
They might ask you to move this to the sticky. I've only played a handful of the final fantasy games in the past so I don't know how to compare it to those, but here are my plusses and minuses. Keep in mind I'm only 3 chapters or so in. Plusses so far: nice graphics (always loved the imagination in Final fantasy games), excellent story, great music, great characters, fun fighting system minuses so far: Linear, not much customization to do on characters, incredibly easy at least so far I'm enjoying it and in the end I guess that's all that matters
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

They might ask you to move this to the sticky. I've only played a handful of the final fantasy games in the past so I don't know how to compare it to those, but here are my plusses and minuses. Keep in mind I'm only 3 chapters or so in. Plusses so far: nice graphics (always loved the imagination in Final fantasy games), excellent story, great music, great characters, fun fighting system minuses so far: Linear, not much customization to do on characters, incredibly easy at least so far I'm enjoying it and in the end I guess that's all that mattersEmperorSupreme

I hope they won't move this to the sticky. I'm having a hard time determining of the feedbacks there are biased or not. Hehe.

GalufUndies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 GalufUndies
Member since 2010 • 103 Posts

[QUOTE="EmperorSupreme"]They might ask you to move this to the sticky. I've only played a handful of the final fantasy games in the past so I don't know how to compare it to those, but here are my plusses and minuses. Keep in mind I'm only 3 chapters or so in. Plusses so far: nice graphics (always loved the imagination in Final fantasy games), excellent story, great music, great characters, fun fighting system minuses so far: Linear, not much customization to do on characters, incredibly easy at least so far I'm enjoying it and in the end I guess that's all that mattersskp_16

I hope they won't move this to the sticky. I'm having a hard time determining of the feedbacks there are biased or not. Hehe.

OK, speaking realism, the graphics are descent, but he's right as far as fantasy goes, the FF games are very imaginative. At the end of the day it's the 13th game in a franchise, if you've ever liked anything like a RPG, chances are you'll love this because no other franchise, well, very few, have went as long. The franchise is from 1987.
Dimb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Dimb
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts

I've played FF games since VI and I can say for sure that this is by far the most different experience of all of them so far. To me it feels like they tried to stream line everything so you spend more time fighting and in the story than in menu's. Its not necessarilly a bad thing but i was hoping that there would be a bit more depth than what there is here. From the fighting standpoint you only control one character and the other two are controlled by AI. Like I said its streamlined and if your like me and want to feel in complete control then its going to be a bit of an issue. Its funny because in XII they basically said how can we make them micro manage whereas XIII they took a lot of that control away. But because its a quick system that is pretty flashy its at least aesthetically pleasing.

The characters and story all start out pretty slow, not because the story is slow but because they throw a lot at you in the beginning and that makes it very hard to follow what going on. About an hour in there is a significant part in the story where it all starts to click and you finally realize whats going on. From there on it grips you pretty hard and you'll be playing pretty much to find out what comes next.

So far i'm about 3 hours in I'm enjoying it. Its not the greatest experience i've had but its definitely getting better as i continue to play it.

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

i am not a fan of ff, and honestly i thinkthis game is mediocre. Chaotic storytelling,2 dimensional movement, bad camera angle, unsatisfied battle system, and uninteresting plot. characters are also hiliarious...their gestures are so tedious...i dont like japanese subculture, so I found it being very stupod. At first, i was mad at gamespot score. However, after i start to play it, I think gs actually overrates it.

If you like to watch japanese animation, you might like this game. Otherwise maybe you should rent iy, borrow from friends, or wait for it become greatest hit.

FFVIIROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 FFVIIROCKS
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts

Idk what I would do without it in my collection. I really enjoy it, now I love the FF series, but i was way skeptical and sorta wanted to hate 13... cant its too fun haha.

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

Heres one for ya. Metacritic says the word LINEAR 12 times on the page!

Ive played every single FF up to this point and beat them loved them its why i like rpgs the most. This game is close to suck. The graphics are amazing no doubt. The combat is fast and fun, but doesn't it feel like all u press is X. Your attacks adjust themselves to the best situation based on groups and weaknesses. Doesn't that seem a little skillless? What about these tunnel single pathways? Even later on the pathways open up a little but they truly stay as linear as ever. I can live with the upgrades and skill gains, but the feel so empty. Im just pumping points without really noticing a difference in them. 1 fight, 1 cutscense its almost the way it is for every fight. Remember when a cutscence came on you were excited. They were good. Now these are so often it feels blah. The story at least carries some mystery and doesn't give everything away. Im sure you got some secrets and sneaky stuff going on to reveal itself in a good fashion.

Overall the game was a letdown. You can only travel down the same path for so many hours before you want to blow your brains out from fighting the exact same fights over and over with very little to no reward.

I play it nightly and i plan to finish it, but only with hopes that after 12 hours it will get better. There ya go. I'm a fanboy with no respect for a game that doesn't deliver. Many agree and then some just look at the pretty colors and are just amazed. Anyone for a real taste of FF and RPGS knows this is nothing like what gamers want.

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
Depends what you think. I really enjoyed FF 10, thought it was amazing. FF 12 put me off, didn't care for it at all, sterile, slow, etc This new one (FF 13) is really similar to FF 10, the art, the characters, music, style, so much resembles it that I find it easy to like. The story is actually really good. It's quite deep and philisophical.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
Ask the users in the pinned thread up above;)