Is Dragon Age: Origins good on the Ps3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

UGAfootballfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 UGAfootballfan
Member since 2008 • 778 Posts

I've been searching for a good game to soak some time into, and Dragon Age has really caught my eye. Problem is that I've been looking over the User Reviews for it and it seems as though it has a few technical problems on the Ps3. Some people complained about it, saying that it makes it really difficult to play.

So, my question is, is this particular version actually playable? Thanks!

atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

i own and love dao on the ps3. but i well admit its framerate isnt all that stable but it doesnt affect gameplay.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
The framerate is not too good and the graphics can look like something from the bottom of my shoe but nothing is game-breaking.
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
I played and loved it, I didnt run into any major game breaking problems.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

It's a fun game. I really liked the characters and story, but the game just looks like ass. Honestly, I don't know how some of those textures made it into the game they're so bad. The game is apparently a lot better on the PC, but it's not bad on the PS3. I have it and logged in probably near 150 hours to get the plat ;)

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

When a lot is going on it slows down a tad bit, but if you love good characters and adventure and various options and having control over what events happen then this game is for you. I had a great blast with it

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Framerate issues for me hindered the game quite a good deal. For me, it was enough to affect gameplay so I had to opt for the other version. Far as other technical issues, I didn't see any other that was game-breaking.
schizo_talon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 schizo_talon
Member since 2010 • 249 Posts

I enjoy it a lot. Didn't notice any issues at all.

meteo_ryte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 meteo_ryte
Member since 2005 • 1962 Posts
I'm not having any trouble playing. Aside from a couple tough boss battles and one of the characters always dying like he's made of glass (Alistair), i'm having a blast. Even bought one of the add-ons (Warden's Keep one). The only glitch i've come across is occasionally i'll be going through dialogue with a character and they'll be talking but no sound comes out. Makes choosing responses interesting, but it doesn't occur often. And it doesn't hinder gameplay at all. Short answer, the game is very playable. Some close-ups of armor has poor detail that you'll notice during dialogue scenes but that doesn't bother me; looks good while i'm running around fighting & exploring.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
its fine. the graphics arent the greatest youll ever see from a technical standpoint (wasnt this published by ea?), theres some occasional framerate hiccups, and a few rare bugs, but none of those dectract from the game in a way that makes it not enjoyable.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I had no problems with the game. The PC version is the best but the PS3 version is very playable.
jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
the game is the most customizable, awesome rpg in existence for the ps3, in my opinion of course. so much fun and I loved being able to manipulate every aspect of the game to suit my needs at that moment. I cannot wait for the next installment........2011 I hope????
Lost_Omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lost_Omega
Member since 2009 • 39 Posts

I really loved the game. I would finish the game one time and then start another game just to see what I could change. The game is a blast. The only issue I had was Orzammar, too long. But that is minor and you'll probably enjoy yourself. Just stay away from Zevran...bad things happen...

LunaDravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 LunaDravo
Member since 2005 • 343 Posts

Have a platty in it... by far the best RPG on the PS3.... I would avoid the expansion until they fix it, it's super laggy...

cropcircles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cropcircles
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts
i thought the ps3 version was good until i played the PC version.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

While the PC version is the best, I absolutely have no problems with PS3 version, if fact I own the game, the expansion as well all the DLC for PS3 version. Other then Demon's Souls, this is my favorite RPG so far this generation and I absolutely love Mass Effect series :)

UGAfootballfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 UGAfootballfan
Member since 2008 • 778 Posts

Sweet! Thank you all very, very much.

I shall be picking this up tomorrow!

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I had no problems with the game. The PC version is the best but the PS3 version is very playable.GrandJury
This is the truth. The controls are kind of wonky and the graphics aren't too good, but it's certainly playable and still fun.
joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

Sweet! Thank you all very, very much.

I shall be picking this up tomorrow!

UGAfootballfan

You've made a good decision. There's a ton to do, and it'll keep you entertained for weeks. I thought the story was great, and the options allows for alot of cutomization. Hope you enjoy the game.

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
I don't get how mass effect can look good and this game looks alright at best but plays great.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I really enjoyed it, even got the platinum for it. But I tried going back to it, but I didn't realize how bad the framerate tends to be sometimes.
FpsRec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FpsRec
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts

The framerate is the only think that bothers me. But hey - I'm very picky at those kind of stuff. But other than that it is a GREAT game, and you'll spend countless of hours having plain fun.

KoolzKatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KoolzKatz
Member since 2009 • 827 Posts

Its nothing game-breaking and it shouldnt stop u from buying it for the PS3. Its a great game, people tend to blow things out of proportion.

danduron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 danduron
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

i love LOVE this game but i will admit that seeing the trailers and then actually playing it will cause a huge disappointment as far as graphics are concerned... its ot that they suck so bad they belong on the PS2, its just that the way the trailer makes it look, you expect God of War III-type graphics and then you get Fallout 3 graphics instead!
still, other than that, the only other gripe i have (which is really a tiny one) is that for some reason, in a large amount of the cutscenes when characters talk, they either glow themselves or have glowing weapons as if i had just cast an Ice spell or a Fire spell on the equipment or character. it wasn't a big deal or anything, but it is a little annoying.

still, GET THE GAME!!! it's SOOO good!

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

Gamespot says the best version is on the ps3.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#28 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Gamespot says the best version is on the ps3.

AgentZero225

Console wise they do. But Gamespot says it's better on the PC, which it is. It actually isn't even debatable, there are options for the PC version that simply don't exist on the consoles (like you get the option to play it like in Baldur's Gate like view point).

Anyway, I own it on PC, and it certainly is better but the PS3 version is still very enjoyable and amazing. You'll definitely enjoy the game a lot, one of my favorites of last year.

Oxymandias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Oxymandias
Member since 2006 • 330 Posts

I managed to get the platinum trophy on the PS3 version, its very stable game play way.

Glitches a little graphically but not enough to spoil game play.

Oink!

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

I really liked it, although some trophies are bugged . I killed about 2000 darkspawn and didn't unlock even the 100 kills trophy .

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Console wise they do. But Gamespot says it's better on the PC, which it is. It actually isn't even debatable, there are options for the PC version that simply don't exist on the consoles (like you get the option to play it like in Baldur's Gate like view point).

Anyway, I own it on PC, and it certainly is better but the PS3 version is still very enjoyable and amazing. You'll definitely enjoy the game a lot, one of my favorites of last year.

IndianaPwns39

Yes, this is true. I also own it on the PC which is fantastic quality. My very good friend though owns a PS3 copy and he is completetly satisfied, so I would say the PS3 is a fine choice to play this awesome game!

kyle_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kyle_360
Member since 2009 • 530 Posts

VERY GOOD -----BUT WAY WAY WAY BETTER ON PC i sold my ps3 copy

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#33 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

I've been searching for a good game to soak some time into, and Dragon Age has really caught my eye. Problem is that I've been looking over the User Reviews for it and it seems as though it has a few technical problems on the Ps3. Some people complained about it, saying that it makes it really difficult to play.

UGAfootballfan
yes its very playable. in fact i just got done playing it the last 4 hours lol. its a great game but the ps3 version has some very noticable frame rate issues in places. you get used to after awhile but still its an issue. again its not unplayble what so ever.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

the only other gripe i have (which is really a tiny one) is that for some reason, in a large amount of the cutscenes when characters talk, they either glow themselves or have glowing weapons as if i had just cast an Ice spell or a Fire spell on the equipment or character.

danduron

I don't suppose a mage in your party had the frost weapons or flame weapons spell activated, did they? :P

daveversion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 daveversion1
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
I had no real problems with the game at all. Its amazing and great fun, its 100percent playable.
Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
[QUOTE="UGAfootballfan"]

Why dont you buy demon souls?? I just recently purchased the game and I freakin luv it, it's a masterpiece of gaming.
jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

I had no problems with the game. The PC version is the best but the PS3 version is very playable.GrandJury

agree, its the best on PC.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#38 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
[QUOTE="UGAfootballfan"]

I've almost got platinum on it and I've gotta say, its an awesome game that has its momments of frame drops and glitches, but like Fallout 3, it manages to still become an excellent game.
Oxymandias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39 Oxymandias
Member since 2006 • 330 Posts

I really liked it, although some trophies are bugged . I killed about 2000 darkspawn and didn't unlock even the 100 kills trophy .

zekere
Yes the Blight Queller is illusive. Its the number of darkspawn your main character kills not your party kill count. That said not all darkspawn are equal you seem to get more for some darkspawn.