Is Destiny: The Taken King worth it for someone who hated the original game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I played the original Destiny, and I really did not like it. The general combat and visuals were amazing, but the mission design and structure were absolutely awful. I've completely ignored the expansions and content updates releasing for this game, but The Taken King has peaked my interest. From what I gather, they did massive overhauls to various systems and content in the game. It almost sounds like a completely different game from the original release.

However, I'm still wondering if it's worth it. I'm planning to play The Taken King solo, I doubt I can convince my old Destiny friend to buy it with me. I have absolutely no interest in the raids. I don't have friends playing Destiny, and I don't wanna talk to random people online.

Is it a good buy? Or should I just continue to ignore Destiny?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Really man, why would you invest once more in purchasing the expansion of a game you didn´t like at the beginning ?

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@raugutcon said:

Really man, why would you invest once more in purchasing the expansion of a game you didn´t like at the beginning ?

Did you read my OP?

It answers that question easily.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@JangoWuzHere: I did read your OP, I was trying to be helpful, but given your response if you are willing to grab a 50 dollars bill, roll it real tight and stick it up deep where your skin swirls who the **** am I to stop you ? Hope you enjoy the sensation. Have a nice weekend.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

@JangoWuzHere: I actually enjoyed the original game to a certain extent but I never bothered with grouping up for raids and theconstant repetitive levels combined with endless grinding - eventually got to me. They did changed certain mechanics in Taken King, I believe this was supposed to be original game and not the bare basics we got over a year ago..

I would say for the solo content alone, from the first game to the Taken King, there is a enough to do and see for the price. I know that EXP is now gained properly and leveling up is back to normal.

I'm thinking about it myself, especially seeing Taken King for 44.99$ currently on sale at Best Buy however Destiny was always catered to the be played with others together, solo just grinds my patience out as the game isn't really designed for lone adventurer. Hope that helps a little.