Is Borderlands 1 and 2 worth the 20 bucks on PSN?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 happy_dude64
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

I'm considering getting them depending on if its worth getting them or just getting the game of the year editions. I would like actual Borderlands fans to reply if possible. Also before you ask a stupid question as "well we don't know what type of games you like to answer this!" I play everything. I wouldn't be asking if I wasn't interested. Thank you in advance and it would be nice if I get several answers before the store updates on Tuesday. Happy gaming!

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
$20 for both of them is a great deal. I wouldn't worry too much about the add-ons. Those 2 games alone should last you a pretty long time, and most of the DLC isn't worth it. Well, I'm assuming that anyway. I played like half of them in Borderlands because I got the GOTY edition cheap, but I havn't bothered with them in Borderlands 2. If you really want the DLC, you could just buy them while they're on sale though. You won't really be saving much, if anything, by waiting until Borderland 2's GOTY comes out.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Both games for $20 is a steal. Just the basic games will give you hours of playtime.

If you do decide to go with the DLC, I would pick up Zombie Island, General Knoxx, and Claptrap for the first game, and Pirate Booty for BL2. The rest can be skipped.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 happy_dude64

Thank you both very much for being so helpful. I will definitely most likely pick these up tomorrow or tonight actually once I get home. Also, I will check out the DLCs you mentioned to see if any interest me. Both of these games have split screen coop correct? I'm looking for coop games to play with my girlfriend and well she wants to shoot stuff, haha.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

It's a great deal to be sure, but if you're new to the BL franchise there is absolutely no reason to play BL1 in addition to BL2.  BL2 basically took everything that was great about BL1 and did it better.  The only small nit-picks about BL2 are the new pearlescents (the rarity above legendary) are pretty much shit with a couple of exceptions.  Pearlescent were alot better in BL1.  The second nit-pick (and this is debatable) is that decent weapon components were harder to find in BL1, and thus more rewarding.  Little has changed between BL1 and BL2 in way of 99% of the guns being trash.

I got plenty of enjoyment out of BL2 and the season pass, but I burned out.  The recently added Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode just turned even the basic enemies into ridiculous bullet sponges.  I didn't even care that I had the season pass (good for 4 dlc's) withe the 4th dlc coming out in June.  I sold it a few hours ago.

That said I can honestly say that with the $90 I had invested in it ($60+$30 season pass), I got my money's worth.  I just burned out.

happy_dude64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 happy_dude64

It's a great deal to be sure, but if you're new to the BL franchise there is absolutely no reason to play BL1 in addition to BL2.  BL2 basically took everything that was great about BL1 and did it better.  The only small nit-picks about BL2 are the new pearlescents (the rarity above legendary) are pretty much shit with a couple of exceptions.  Pearlescent were alot better in BL1.  The second nit-pick (and this is debatable) is that decent weapon components were harder to find in BL1, and thus more rewarding.  Little has changed between BL1 and BL2 in way of 99% of the guns being trash.

I got plenty of enjoyment out of BL2 and the season pass, but I burned out.  The recently added Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode just turned even the basic enemies into ridiculous bullet sponges.  I didn't even care that I had the season pass (good for 4 dlc's) withe the 4th dlc coming out in June.  I sold it a few hours ago.

That said I can honestly say that with the $90 I had invested in it ($60+$30 season pass), I got my money's worth.  I just burned out.

Boddicker

Damn,  yeah I understand that you got burned out. Once I played Final Fantasy 7, then 8, then 1, then 9 one after the other ended. Well the PSN sale thing has Borderlands 1 for 7 bucks and BL2 for 20 bucks...but if you buy both its 21 bucks. Which is the reason I said both games. I've been interested in this series for a while and I think this might be the time for me to get into them.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#8 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

They're solid games that are worthwhile fun, though far from perfect.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
I would recommend the season pass for Borderlands 2, all the DLC has been really fun for me.
NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 NodakJo2010
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Get them and you won't be disappointed. Great Shooters/RPG...the loot system will have you addicted for hours. I highly recommend at least getting the basic games. As for DLC my favorite out of the first batch has been Zombie Island with Claptrap's Revolution 2nd. I haven't played any of the 2nd DLC batches, but I heard Torgue was a blast so I got it...haven't played the expansion yet though.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#11 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

It is defintiely worth the price and I recommend buying the season pass for Borderlands 2. The only DLC you need for BL1 isThe Secret Armory of General Knoxx.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

yes its worth it for that price.