Is Bioshock 2 Multi a grind?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for bleedvideogames
bleedvideogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bleedvideogames
Member since 2010 • 742 Posts

got Bioshock 2 last night, played it today a bit, little single little multi.

is the multi a grind to level up?

just wondering cause im on level 4 and my last match got like 2700 Adam, which for me is good cause i suck regardless, and that didnt even take me to half of level 4. if it was MAG and i was on level 4 and 2700 exp id be up to like level 12

its a fun game i like it so far, but looks like its guna take foever to level up. and being low level in this puts you as a huge disadvantage, more so than alot of other games

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

It wasn't too bad of a grind. I want to say maybe 30 hours? It certainly wasn't 100's of hours like to get to level 50 in BFBC2 (I think I'm closing in on 500 hours and I'm still level 49). There's no trophy to max level in BFBC2 anyway, but there is one in Bioshock 2. That game definitely has one of the worst "disadvantages" for low level players though. You really don't start to get decently equipped until you hit hte 20's. I used to get hella annoyed at the people that constantly "sniped" with the electro bolt guns. Some people were pros with that and would 1 shot you from across practically any open area.

The main issue I had with that game was it was hard finding games sometimes!!! The multiplayer was starting to be a ghost town months ago

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
I loved it, took me about 14 hours to reach rank 40. If they ever fixed the lag the multi in Bio2 would have been a masterpiece!
d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#4 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts

i played it back when it launched and there were quite a lot of people playing back then. once u get a good loadout and learn to take advantage of the bonuses like certian types of kills and best of all becoming the big daddy you will level up in no time. i got to the max level in just over a week. imo its not worth spending much time on if it wasnt for the trophy hunting

sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts

Im gonna be honest here. I love Bioshock 2 with all my heart but the multi got kinda dull after a while and it was taking me ages to level so i just gave up around level 36 i think.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

All I wanna know from people who've still been playing it, is it still laggy as hell? It was totally unbearable around the game's launch, glad I didn't buy it at all for the multi player.