Is anyone in MAG beta?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nhh18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nhh18
Member since 2009 • 6538 Posts

How does it play and look. Also I'm wondering if you are playing in uncharted 2 beta. I love that beta. Is the game multiplayer better than it?

Mr_Fujiv1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 256

#2 Mr_Fujiv1
Member since 2008 • 4437 Posts
thats what i want to know. I have seen one of my friends play it but i forgot to ask. I will when hes online.
Avatar image for Solid_Snake_187
Solid_Snake_187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Solid_Snake_187
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts

Well Im not in the Uncharted 2 beta but I am in the mag beta. It's ok, the graphics are really nothing special but the very few times I've played people were actually on their mics which was cool.

There are sometimes I feel lost, the maps are so huge that I find myself gettin sniped or killed from behind every 2 steps, the sniper rifles are like one hit kills which I dont like and sometimes the objectives arent as clear cut so there are times that I get to the icon on the radar and dont know what to do.

The fact that I can only play from 1pm - 4pm or 8pm - 12am est. and I usually work 2p - 11p every night doesnt really give me any quality time with the beta but this is what I got from it so far. Hope I helped

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I just an email just now saying I just got recruited for the MAG beta. :D I'm about to redeem the code now and let you know later on.

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

no..but i wish the beta was open for every ps3 owner..cant wait to play this game

raydog44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raydog44
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts

Not really impressed, graphics are ok, mini map takes some getting used to, weapons are nothing special. I feel like I am always playing defense when I play. I also haven't felt like I am playing a game with a lot of other people so far. Maps are big though which I kinda like. It was a buy for me until I played the BETA, at this point I will wait till its 35 on ebay.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts

I got myself to beta ^^ yey

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

Not really impressed, graphics are ok, mini map takes some getting used to, weapons are nothing special. I feel like I am always playing defense when I play. I also haven't felt like I am playing a game with a lot of other people so far. Maps are big though which I kinda like. It was a buy for me until I played the BETA, at this point I will wait till its 35 on ebay.

raydog44

256 player matchs have been running since yesterday, try again. It's a shame the first thing people talk about are graphics. Day 1 buy for me for sure.

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

Yeah i cant wait for this game if MAG was coming out in 09 i would have bought that instead of MW2(still might not buy it since noob support). Yea they have to sacrifice something for a big game like this. I cant wait since i lost my install key for BF2 I have not played a game like this in a long time.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Redeemed my beta code and it downloaded pretty fast but the updating is taking freaking long. :x

u8muhrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 u8muhrice
Member since 2004 • 1453 Posts

the game is great. I find it very fun and easy. At first it might seem intimidating, but once you play for about 15 mins, youll know what to do. MAG is a great game but i have no doubt COD2 will trump it

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
its pretty decent, maps are big. i havent experienced any lag so far and i played with 60 or more, graphics are ok i mean this game isnt about graphics its more of gameplay then graphics, which i dont mind cuz i dont think graphics are that important no matter how far we are in gaming consoles. as long as gameplay is fine im down to play that game. but overall its fun game for me, it has its glitches and hickups here and there but its a beta after all right?
MikeyB_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MikeyB_23
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

In both the MAG and Uncharted 2 Beta atm. Literally haven't played MAG more than five times. Uncharted 2 is keeping me glued to my PS3. This is coming from a HUGE Zipper fan and original Socom diehard. MAG just doesn't work well IMO. Nobody communicates, and rarely tries for the objectives. To me it feels like a bunch of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Tony2519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tony2519
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
MAG was fun (not great) but then it went downhill when the file size got up to 5GB with updates...so, deleted it
Simmo75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Simmo75
Member since 2009 • 175 Posts

i hope i te i i have been following it since E3 and have never been in an beta so fingers crossed!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#16 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

raydog44

Wow...you've come to that conclusion based off a beta..???

slinkyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slinkyz
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

In both the MAG and Uncharted 2 Beta atm. Literally haven't played MAG more than five times. Uncharted 2 is keeping me glued to my PS3. This is coming from a HUGE Zipper fan and original Socom diehard. MAG just doesn't work well IMO. Nobody communicates, and rarely tries for the objectives. To me it feels like a bunch of people running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

MikeyB_23
Totally agree with you, stayed up until 1:00 last night to play it, I'm a massive, COD:MW player and think MAG was a big let down, so far. Cant say I will be staying up all night to play it again. Hopefully this is just BETA teething problems and people not getting the concept of teamwork. I think once people finally get used to how its meant to be played and team players start slaughtering the headless chickens running around then it will be better. I wasn't too impressed with the graphics and found there was quite a bit of lag, whenever I tried to hit someone far away with a sniper, I could hardly make them out and they were very hard to hit (due to the lag). I hope the full release will be better!! As I was really looking forward to this game.
foxyy554

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 foxyy554
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

i havent even played it yet i had to download it update it and update it again and its taking so long its on 8 % in 5 houres!

raydog44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 raydog44
Member since 2006 • 248 Posts
[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="raydog44"]

Wow...you've come to that conclusion based off a beta..???

I can tell from a BETA whether or not I want to spend 60 bucks on a game or wait till the price comes down on ebay a few months later. I was not blown away by it and after just having a baby I can not just go out and buy any 60 dollar game, Would rather spend full price on MW2 and Uncharted before investing in MAG. You can love it buddy, its cool to like diff things.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
I am in it and only played it twice. It is very boring, no communication and disorganized