Intercooler for PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BrasilKilla (25 posts) -

I was shoppin for a game at target for my PS3 and saw a intercooler for PS3 by sum unknown company. Does any1 kno if this is any good? i was about to buy it since the PS3 runs so hot but wanted sum opinions first, is it reccomended? i heard stories about PS3's breaking down, will that help? I have the latest 80gig PS3 so i think that by now they probly fixed sum of the lil issues it had, but my main question is, should i buy that lil intercooler?

#2 Posted by xmitchconnorx (2649 posts) -
I know like 3 people who use a intercooler, they don't mess up your console or anything, but at the same time i don't think they're needed. I have never used one and my ps3 has never had a heat issue, and i play way to much.
#3 Posted by raven_squad (78438 posts) -

I was shoppin for a game at target for my PS3 and saw a intercooler for PS3 by sum unknown company. Does any1 kno if this is any good? i was about to buy it since the PS3 runs so hot but wanted sum opinions first, is it reccomended? i heard stories about PS3's breaking down, will that help? I have the latest 80gig PS3 so i think that by now they probly fixed sum of the lil issues it had, but my main question is, should i buy that lil intercooler?

BrasilKilla
No. Its useless, and in actuality, potentialy harmful to your console as it subverts power. The PS3 has more then sufficient cooling, and in the event that it does begin to overheat it will shut itself down.
#4 Posted by emitsu97 (10720 posts) -
The PS3's fan is roughly 60% the size of the console. Additional cooling isn't necessary.
#5 Posted by bigburd (1281 posts) -
if your ps3 runs that hot, you may want to consider moving it to a more well ventilated area
#6 Posted by sizzlingdviper (1815 posts) -

BrasilKilla

Definately DONT buy one-it's not needed and you'll totally waste your money.

I've had my PS3 going for 18 hours at a time with no sign what so ever of any overheating problems.And after all-check out the forums-How many people have had their PS3 overheat?-Yep,A Big Fat Zilch!

#7 Posted by thaoimage (120 posts) -
Not needed. Your ps3's built in fan is more than enough to keep you safe... but if you are insecured and must have additional security, go ahead and waste your money.
#8 Posted by psn_Jaimzl (1241 posts) -

not needed and there quite dangerous to use since it uses the ps3's power to run it can actually catch on fire.

i have had my ps3 run for a few days without it over heating.