Intercooler for PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrasilKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BrasilKilla
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I was shoppin for a game at target for my PS3 and saw a intercooler for PS3 by sum unknown company. Does any1 kno if this is any good? i was about to buy it since the PS3 runs so hot but wanted sum opinions first, is it reccomended? i heard stories about PS3's breaking down, will that help? I have the latest 80gig PS3 so i think that by now they probly fixed sum of the lil issues it had, but my main question is, should i buy that lil intercooler?

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
I know like 3 people who use a intercooler, they don't mess up your console or anything, but at the same time i don't think they're needed. I have never used one and my ps3 has never had a heat issue, and i play way to much.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

I was shoppin for a game at target for my PS3 and saw a intercooler for PS3 by sum unknown company. Does any1 kno if this is any good? i was about to buy it since the PS3 runs so hot but wanted sum opinions first, is it reccomended? i heard stories about PS3's breaking down, will that help? I have the latest 80gig PS3 so i think that by now they probly fixed sum of the lil issues it had, but my main question is, should i buy that lil intercooler?

BrasilKilla
No. Its useless, and in actuality, potentialy harmful to your console as it subverts power. The PS3 has more then sufficient cooling, and in the event that it does begin to overheat it will shut itself down.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
The PS3's fan is roughly 60% the size of the console. Additional cooling isn't necessary.
bigburd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bigburd
Member since 2004 • 1281 Posts
if your ps3 runs that hot, you may want to consider moving it to a more well ventilated area
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

BrasilKilla

Definately DONT buy one-it's not needed and you'll totally waste your money.

I've had my PS3 going for 18 hours at a time with no sign what so ever of any overheating problems.And after all-check out the forums-How many people have had their PS3 overheat?-Yep,A Big Fat Zilch!

thaoimage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thaoimage
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts
Not needed. Your ps3's built in fan is more than enough to keep you safe... but if you are insecured and must have additional security, go ahead and waste your money.
psn_Jaimzl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 psn_Jaimzl
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

not needed and there quite dangerous to use since it uses the ps3's power to run it can actually catch on fire.

i have had my ps3 run for a few days without it over heating.