i have followed the instructions in the manual exaxctly and it will not work. first it says to make sure ps3 and controller are off. Then it says to turn the ps3 on.Then it says to T]turn the controller on. Then it says to connect the receiver module into the ps3. Then press the Home button to sync the controller and ps3 but it will not sync. i have followed all of these instructions exactly yes i have it plugged into a usb cord and i have tried it without usb cord. and please do not say stick with 1st party controllers thanks for any help. here is controller if it helps http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10400472 i also cant find there phone number if any one happens to know it would be appreciated
This topic is locked from further discussion.
- Member Since: April 23, 2005
- Posts: 1872
To get my dualshock/sixaxis controllers first to register with the PS3, I had to have them plugged in with a USB cable and then hitting the PS button. I don't see why with any other controller it would work differently. It needs that first sync-up.
And I haven't had any problems with my DS3/SIXAXIS controllers. At all.
- Member Since: January 19, 2005
- Posts: 2056
- Member Since: December 9, 2004
- Posts: 16988
no i used to have a madcats ps2 controller that lasted forever no problems what so ever but i was going to stick with 1st party just to help sony out but i have gone through 3 of them in since ps3 release and it is ridiculus. ps2 controllers lasted forever but ps3 dont so im either using this controller or getting another 3rd party onerolltide101x
Well, how do you treat your controllers?? I mean, my sixaxis (the one thatcame with the PS3) still works perfectly. It makes some sqeeky sounds from time to time but definitely works fine.
- Member Since: May 17, 2007
- Posts: 7703
- Member Since: November 11, 2008
- Posts: 602
Never had a problem with either. Take better care of your stuff and you shouldn't either. The controllers aren't flimsy by any means.
bought a DS3 because intec controller wouldnt work and logitech ps3 controller sucks does DS3 last better than sixaxisrolltide101x
- Member Since: January 11, 2007
- Posts: 331
- Member Since: March 8, 2005
- Posts: 4473
- Member Since: December 19, 2008
- Posts: 7
Really Just use the 1st party.
1.They are way better due to the materials the higher end companies use.
2.They have Wireless Recievers meant to always be in sync with the PS3.
3.Don't you think they would make a controller that works great with the $500 system they made?
Buy a sony DS3,They are expensive.but they work.
It took us 1 minute to sync up our DS3.
Good News...! I e-mailed intec customer service and they got back to me - here is what you have to do if the playstation 3 and controller do not sync automatically.
1. Make sure the playstation 3 and controller are both turned off.
2. Plug the controller into the playstation using the provided USB cord.
3. Turn on the Playtstation 3 so that it loads the main screen.
4. Turn on the controller using the switch on the front of the control.
5. Press the LINK button (above the home button). - The 4 LED lights will start blinking fast as the controller is searching for the receiver.
6. Plug in the receiver module into an available USB port on the playstation 3 console. - The LED lights will now begin flashing slower.
7. Press home.
........and the controller should now assign itself to a player!!
Long process ... but it works! Follow that exactly ... and it will work.
- Member Since: June 9, 2009
- Posts: 1