infamous vs. prototype video

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xInfamousRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xInfamousRogue
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts

i made an infamous vs. prototype video. comment on which one you think looks better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBf19aJ_uI

comment on the video if you have a youtube account.

spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

awesome

pooka216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pooka216
Member since 2008 • 370 Posts
Im liking infamous because it isn't just a bloody massacre. I thought prototype was about a guy that could throw fire? I guess not. I liked the video though...
Avatar image for Gamereviews2008
Gamereviews2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamereviews2008
Member since 2008 • 277 Posts
Cool.
Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

Graphicly Infamous looks better, but that's where it stops. Infamous looks like a boring game. It will start out fun, but then get repetitive fast. The limited attacks is what's hurting this game for me. Prototype doesn't have graphics as nice as Infamous, but it's gameplay looks a lot less repetitive and fun. It's missions look very varied and the story sound more interesting to me (But I have to admit, I have hear to much about either games story, but a lot less on Infamous). I hope both games turn out great, but I think Prototype will be the better game.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3113 Posts

I think prototype looks better, but I saw an interview where they were talking about the mission types, and it sounded a little like Assassin's Creed; where its free roaming but you'll end up doing the same five missions over and over. I really hope its not that way.

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

I think prototype looks better, but I saw an interview where they were talking about the mission types, and it sounded a little like Assassin's Creed; where its free roaming but you'll end up doing the same five missions over and over. I really hope its not that way.

dimebag667

That's funny, because I watched a video of Prototype's missions that stressed how much variety there is in the missions and from what I have seen in the video, it looks to be true.

djmusdj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 djmusdj
Member since 2008 • 215 Posts

you will see my comment about the video. i have the sameaccount name on youtube

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
i think i'll get infamous... but prototype looking good 2... hmm...i think i'll just wait for some reviews for both and then make my dessision
xInfamousRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xInfamousRogue

yea both look good, i'll probably end up getting both

btw could you guys also rate the video well, i would really appreciate it.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
Imo Infamous looks better. though I'll be getting both. also infamous seems more like a spider man( in terms of wall climbing and acrobatics moves) and prototype looks like hulk( complete destruction) :D ps these are the types of game that would benefit from having custom soundtrack. I can see my self playing this while listening to my favorite songs :P
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I like Infamous better.

Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

I think infamous looks better, but why do we care? we canget both while 360fanboys can't XD

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lbjkurono23
thats not the point though :P OP. will infamous have alt. costumes? and did any of the developers talked about extras and rewards?
VivaRevolucion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VivaRevolucion
Member since 2009 • 175 Posts

i made an infamous vs. prototype video. comment on which one you think looks better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNBf19aJ_uI

comment on the video if you have a youtube account.

xInfamousRogue

Both of these games look very good but will have some key differences. Obviously both are strong in the total destruction area but prototype obviously is more brutal about it. And having played the Sly games I honestly think Infamous will be more story driven then prototype will. I'll probably end up getting both in the long run.

brennan7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 brennan7777
Member since 2005 • 3253 Posts

Graphicly Infamous looks better, but that's where it stops. Infamous looks like a boring game. It will start out fun, but then get repetitive fast. The limited attacks is what's hurting this game for me. Prototype doesn't have graphics as nice as Infamous, but it's gameplay looks a lot less repetitive and fun. It's missions look very varied and the story sound more interesting to me (But I have to admit, I have hear to much about either games story, but a lot less on Infamous). I hope both games turn out great, but I think Prototype will be the better game.

TheGreatOutdoor

Hmm thats funny cuz my opinion is almost exact opposite... There are like 17 different moves in Infamous which seems like a lot to me. Prototype looks more repetitive cuz its just smash smash smash, and the story is very generic.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts

[QUOTE="dimebag667"]

TheGreatOutdoor

That's funny, because I watched a video of Prototype's missions that stressed how much variety there is in the missions and from what I have seen in the video, it looks to be true.

Well, it said there were five mission types. Five. That's not a whole lot of variety if you ask me. And prototype looks terrible. InFamous is definately taking home the graphics award out of these two. The gameplay looks decent for both of them I guess. InFamous has afew other moves and powers that have not yet been revealed. I think Prototype pretty much laid all theirs on the table and it didn't look like much. The one cool thing I saw in prototype was how you can shapeshift, but according to the interview its mission-specific, meaning you can't do it just whenever you want. I'm gonna have to go with InFamous on this one. But really, why are we even comparing these two games, anyway?

Oh, and what about the stories?? Has anybody heard anything about their stories? Like what you're fighting for or anything? That's one area where both of these games are bound to fail. I hope I'm wrong.

ratandjmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ratandjmt
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Still not sure. Think I will rent both before I make a purchase of either.
xInfamousRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xInfamousRogue

yea its a tough decision, but infamous has a bit more polish

TrevinJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TrevinJames
First I would like to say nice choice of song CaC, is the best. :) Second, I have personally played the demo for inFAMOUS and I really enjoyed the movement of the character, the open sandbox environment, the combat system and the sound effects. That's all good but I can see inFAMOUS getting repetitive if the possibility of Cole upgrading his powers is absent. I've only played the demo so I can't say much. Either way I see myself buying inFAMOUS. I can't really decide on Prototype yet, due to not playing it yet. Prototype look fun as well and looks like it plays the same way as inFAMOUS minus the cool neon! :D
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nephilim83
First I would like to say nice choice of song CaC, is the best. :) Second, I have personally played the demo for inFAMOUS and I really enjoyed the movement of the character, the open sandbox environment, the combat system and the sound effects. That's all good but I can see inFAMOUS getting repetitive if the possibility of Cole upgrading his powers is absent. I've only played the demo so I can't say much. Either way I see myself buying inFAMOUS. I can't really decide on Prototype yet, due to not playing it yet. Prototype look fun as well and looks like it plays the same way as inFAMOUS minus the cool neon! :D TrevinJames
I'm pretty sure InFamous is supposed to implement some different RPG elements. I'm thinking there will be some character upgrading involved. Or at least I hope there will be. Either way, I prefer the cool neon!!
xInfamousRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xInfamousRogue

thanks for the comment guys. btw could you rate the video well.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lbjkurono23

First I would like to say nice choice of song CaC, is the best. :) Second, I have personally played the demo for inFAMOUS and I really enjoyed the movement of the character, the open sandbox environment, the combat system and the sound effects. That's all good but I can see inFAMOUS getting repetitive if the possibility of Cole upgrading his powers is absent. I've only played the demo so I can't say much. Either way I see myself buying inFAMOUS. I can't really decide on Prototype yet, due to not playing it yet. Prototype look fun as well and looks like it plays the same way as inFAMOUS minus the cool neon! :D TrevinJames
Ahh you have the demo :P, they gave the codes away to random costumers :/ the wait is killing me. thank god for the playoffs :D those will keep me entertain till the 26 :P

xInfamousRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xInfamousRogue

i preordered the game, i need to go get my demo code soon. i hope tho that they release a prototype demo that would be sweet.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
Watching all the footage of Infamous..it sort of reminds me A LOT of spider man 2....an improved version of it except without spider man.
lgb1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lgb1978
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

not sure how but i know depending on if you go with the good or evil route it will change how your powers work

all i know is when your evil your sparks will be red and if your good they will be blue

as far as what the difference will be betwen them besides the color i dont know

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

not sure how but i know depending on if you go with the good or evil route it will change how your powers work

all i know is when your evil your sparks will be red and if your good they will be blue

as far as what the difference will be betwen them besides the color i dont know

lgb1978

I've played the Infamous demo and the powers are upgradeable (in the retail game) It takes XP to level them up and most powers have three levels to them and since Cole has two forms you could say you can upgrade a power 6 times but 3 for each form. Wen you are in InFamous form your powers are more violent and deadly. For example, if you shoot someone in the head it will cause a wide explosion that damages nearby enemies, but while in Heroic mode a headshot would heal you and restore your energy. Basically you can decide between becoming a defensive sturdy fighter or a fragile berserker.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

I can't honestly pick which one I think is better...but I'll definitely be picking both up. Decent video btw. I didn't enjoy the music however.

GarysLaptop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 GarysLaptop
Member since 2006 • 400 Posts

I dont care which is better. I'm getting both. They seem like the only good action games coming out, maybe even the only good games for awhile on the PS3.

jtemplegarage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jtemplegarage
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

TheGreatOutdoor

The attacks aren't limited - you realize that as soon as you get to start playing around with the demo. I think what's throwing people is that all of your attacks are lightning-BASED; they're not just lightning. It's like saying all of your attacks in COD4 are ballistics-based; you've still got a VERY wide variety of attacks in that one arena of fighting - and it's much wider in inFamous. In the demo alone, you've got lightning bolts, yes - but you've also gothand-to-hand fighting, dive-bombing attacks, flight,grenades, healing, shockwaves... it's a really long list. They're all just THEMED to lightning - it's not like you're just shooting lightning bolts and that's all you've got.

Believe me - I've been playing with the demo quite a bit since Friday (thank you Best Buy pre-order code!), and it's FAR from "limited". :D

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Good to hear some Coheed. :)

Graphics: inFAMOUS

Gameplay: Prototype

lgb1978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lgb1978
Member since 2004 • 204 Posts

Good to hear some Coheed. :)

Graphics: inFAMOUS

Gameplay: Prototype

BioShockOwnz

did you already play prototype how do you know the controls are good?

is there a demo out?

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

nice vid bro. love the song but i think claudio sanchez's voice is too girly for me. :( i love Welcome Home though

cheezy909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cheezy909
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts
Hmm i dno i kinda liked the look of prototype more. I like the excessive gore l0l, although i am not basing my vote on that.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

TheGreatOutdoor

The attacks aren't limited - you realize that as soon as you get to start playing around with the demo. I think what's throwing people is that all of your attacks are lightning-BASED; they're not just lightning. It's like saying all of your attacks in COD4 are ballistics-based; you've still got a VERY wide variety of attacks in that one arena of fighting - and it's much wider in inFamous. In the demo alone, you've got lightning bolts, yes - but you've also gothand-to-hand fighting, dive-bombing attacks, flight,grenades, healing, shockwaves... it's a really long list. They're all just THEMED to lightning - it's not like you're just shooting lightning bolts and that's all you've got.

Believe me - I've been playing with the demo quite a bit since Friday (thank you Best Buy pre-order code!), and it's FAR from "limited". :D

i agree, i didnt see any limitations. theres so much to do, just cuz hes power is lighting base, doesnt mean it has limits. and honestly the only thing that prototype has that infamous doesnt, is gore, more brutal. story wise infamous seems to have the upper hand, and gamesplay i cant comment on prototype but infamous has good controls, graphics which we all agree goes to infamous as well, as much as i heard and seen prototype vids and interviews, the story and mission seem to repetitive than infamous.

i played the demo for infamous there were at least 5 different missions, and they were not repetitive. im still buyin both for sure, cuz prototype does have alil potential no doubt, but not as much as infamous. i know for sure(just a guts instinct) that infamous will score higher and be better

xInfamousRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xInfamousRogue

well ign reviewed infamous, we just need to wait and see the score that prototye will receive.

jtemplegarage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jtemplegarage
Member since 2008 • 266 Posts

well ign reviewed infamous, we just need to wait and see the score that prototye will receive.

xInfamousRogue

I was predicting that IGN would give inFamous a 9.3, because that would be .1 higher than Sly Cooper 2 got (Sucker Punch's previous best game). I was only .1 off - inFamous ended up getting a 9.2, which is still extremely high from IGN.

As for Prototype, I'm going to be generous - I'm going to predict that it gets the exact same score as the game it seems to be emulating, Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (which was from Radical, the same guys that are doing Prototype). Hulk UD got an 8.4 from IGN, which is still plenty solid, but not as strong as inFamous. Personally, I wouldn't have given Hulk more than a 7.5, as I found it rather repetitive, but that's just me.

In the end though, I think inFamous will end up being the victor between the two games - the demo is crazy good, and I really think it'll be a major contender for GOTY (which IGN has been predicting for months now).

Stoner-Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Stoner-Pimp
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts
Smart move is this. If your a 360 owner buy Prototype. If your a PS3 owner buy both. :) As for looks, they both look good hence i'll be taking choice number 2 :D.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nephilim83
Smart move is this. If your a 360 owner buy Prototype. If your a PS3 owner buy both. :) As for looks, they both look good hence i'll be taking choice number 2 :D.Stoner-Pimp
Hey, nice way to rub it in. :) I'll be making smart move number 2, myself!
Justincor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41 Justincor
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts

Prototype looks insane, i like the plot and the gameplay looks great and the mission structure seems to have taken a lesson from Assassins Creed and is going to switch it up and actually give the missions a purpose. Infamous looks good as well but for some reason i feel that prototype will be the better game, I will be getting both do to a perfectly placed birthday.

magicquebec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 magicquebec
Member since 2006 • 1306 Posts

Simple Equation...

simple...

TrevinJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TrevinJames
Watching all the footage of Infamous..it sort of reminds me A LOT of spider man 2....an improved version of it except without spider man.verbalfilth
That's the vibe I got while playing the demo as well. But I think that climbing walls and the combat system work much much better than Spiderman 2.
xInfamousRogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xInfamousRogue

hey magicquebec, that was a great analogy to the games, i like the pic, did u make it?

ReloadReece

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 ReloadReece
Member since 2009 • 61 Posts

I Personally think that infamous looks better because prototype looks unfinished

marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
My understanding is that InFamous is for people who want a sandbox with a great story and diverse gameplay, while Prototype seems to be for people obsessed with gore, and just wanna kill/blow crap up; the dude is just to overpowered, why bother using stealth or guns when u can just cut every thing in half with your hands
bullschwitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 bullschwitz
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts
um, inFAMOUS please.
joshuahaveron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 joshuahaveron
Member since 2004 • 2165 Posts

I Personally think that infamous looks better because prototype looks unfinished

ReloadReece

That is because of the beta archimond bi ferion.