inFamous or Final Fantasy 13

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JTokyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JTokyo
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts
As we all know, inFamous and FInal Fantasy 13 are both great games that show out it's potential on the PS3. Final Fantasy tends to have a more slow-paced and emotional kind of effects to it's game play's story. I think inFamous has a more seriousness and gloomy kind of feeling to inFamous's story. Both gameplays are fun to enjoy, but they differentiate between full out freestyle and Tactical Based. So guys, what should I spend a lot of my time to beat first, FF13, or inFamous?
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Care to spend 20 hours of a game boring yourself to death, only to have 10 hours of fun?

I didn't think so, get Infamous.

olimcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 olimcool
Member since 2006 • 230 Posts

definitely ff13, the story is more engaging and gameplay is better... it is all around better imo. infamous was really boring, all the missions were so repetitive, infamous is overrated imo

olimcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 olimcool

Infamous is like assassins creed, which I also find extremely boring. The content and missions are all the same and recycled, ffxiii (which i am not saying is the greatest game in the world or anything) at least has varying bosses and monsters with different weaknesses that take different tactics. I have played all three games (the first Assassins creed).

I do not just go with what the crowd says, I formulate my own opinions about games and this is what I think. just sayin

and dont hate:)

olimcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 olimcool

Actually, I am playing Dragon Age right now and I am enjoying it thus far, eight hours in.;)

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

inFamous for me. That's about it.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

I like both, but what you should beat first is the game you feel like playing more. I hope I make sense. :P lol

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

If AC's gameplay bored you, play inFamous after FF 13.

Both are good games (FF 13 being somewhat disappointing for a Final Fantasy game...) so it's okay.

Delroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Delroc
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts

if japanese mannerisms and chocobos in afros are your thing then get FF13.

JTokyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JTokyo
Alright first of all, grevious lets not act like a internet gangster on the forums aight bro? Alright, some of you said inFamous was better and some of you said Final Fantasy 13 was better. I've been a fan of SQUARE ENIX a long time, and sometimes know what to expect. On the other hand inFamous's missions are quite repetitive, and it lacks the understanding of the story, some people even get confused of it. While Final Fantasy 13's story is better for me, inFamous's gameplay is more enjoyable. I'm going to leave my pick anonymous to lower conflict. Thanks for the proffesional tips.
alanthreonus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 alanthreonus
Member since 2008 • 153 Posts

inFamous is a lot better, although I wouldn't say FFXIII is bad. And while the side missions in inFamous can get repetitive, I don't think the main storyline is as bad as Assassin's Creed.

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#16 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

if you like to spend hours walking on New York City street, then infamous...honestly, not every game is good for open world...esepcailly when its not very interesting.

Historical open world like AC and RDR makes more sense, but infamous has this New York City with dirty street....why would someone wants to walk forhours in such unintersting environment, and there is nothing much you can do..few things to collect and some boring side missions.

On the other hand, FF13 has good first part (simple and straight path), the latter part is boring...first of all, FF's gameplay is boring to non hardcore jrpg fans...so spending hours in an open world fighting in very boring combat system is quite a pain.

Both games are not perfect, but if you have to choose one, I will recommend FF13.

BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

Its kinda sad, Final Fantasy games are my favorite of all time, yet i would suggest infamous. and you know what, i've only played infamous for 10 minues in my entire life....truely sad. (Versus XII FTW 8) )

HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
InFamous without a doubt. Speaking as a FF fan, FF13 is a terrible game and the worst in the series imo. The story is bad, the characters are bad, the game-play is mind-numbingly bad and the amount of time you have to spend walking down corridors is insane. Granted, it gets a bit better 30 hours in.... but no game is worth grinding for 30 hours. InFamous feels like your playing as a comic book hero. The story is great, the traversing is fun AND it's cheap now.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
both are great games
-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

I'm a big Final Fantasy fan and only played the demo of InFamous...

...but I would have to advise you to go for InFamous.

Final Fantasy XIII was a hugh disappointment, the story is boring, tedious characters, the combat is dull and for the first half of the game there is no point in exploring the very limited path that you have to walk down.

No matter how bad InFamous is, it's gotta be better than FFXIII.

Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

coming from somone who completed FF XIII and played demo for inFamous

play inFamous

JTokyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JTokyo

Wow, looks like I was pretty right going with inFamous. The majority picked inFamous over Final Fantasy 13. The good thing is, some hard-core Final Fantasy fans even recommended inFamous over FF13, so there's a variety of posters in the thread. Thanks for the professional tips guys.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

InFamous is a million times better. Final Fantasy XIII is terrible. The story for Final Fantasy XIII is better is a complete myth. Sure, the overall story is decent (I guess) but you'll be forced to read paragraphs of text to understand what's happening. That's really poor story-telling. At least in InFamous you'll actually know what's happening.

InFamous gameplay is also not completely linear and broken like Final Fantasy XIII. I'd rather spend hours running around buildings, platforming, than spend 20 hours running down a narrow corridor listening to really annoying characters claim to be a "hero" mashing the X button the whole time. No thanks.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

olimcool has bad taste, FF13 is ok at first, but I juat can't play it any more, inFamous is great (you can wait for inFamous 2 if you want, but that will be a few months)

Dark-Star13

typical reply from FF13 haters which really show the characterisc arrogance and narrow mind of their lot (see? i can insult people from the get go too). if you think they can offer sound advice then woe is you, TC.

on topic - both are great games and you really can't go wrong with either, but inFamous is very cheap now so it'd be a good start.

yourmate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 yourmate
Member since 2010 • 165 Posts
inFamous is the next on my shopping list so I say go with that!
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

Infamous by far. Final Fantasy 13 is not really a game it's really only for showing off a new TV with the cinematics or for use as a sleeping aid. :P

Avatar image for Kid_Notorious07
Kid_Notorious07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Kid_Notorious07
Member since 2009 • 437 Posts
Am i the only fan who loved FFXIII ive beat it 4 times its really the fourth greates entry in the series behind 7,10, and 12 its a great game and i think youll have fun with it i think so many people were disappointed because they didnt understand the story or because they were expecting 7 again. Final fantasy is one of the best jrpgs ive ever played and it would be a shame to miss out on it for 9 hours of weird gloomy areas and cool but underpowered abilities
TheIndianChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#28 TheIndianChild
Member since 2007 • 1731 Posts
inFamous , hands down .
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points