InFamous 2 Beta is out now.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Check your E-Mails if you haven't already, the InFamous 2 beta is out. Here is a video of some of the beta released by Sucker Punch earlier.

I am currently 3% done downloading it so no impressions yet, after I play a bit I will edit this post with my impressions.

Impressions:

Plays and feels a lot like InFamous (which I am happy about). Visually the game looks amazing, even the water has great effects and reflects. The user generated content has a lot of potential, feels like the Forge editor in Halo 3. The beta gives you a number of missions made my Sucker Punch, these include a "magic carpet ride", "Zombie apocalypse", and a "Zekes story time" mission. When you begin the beta you are given a brief tutorial as to how to do the basics in editing, but it goes very in depth. You can edit music, change the time of day, and create captions for other AI you place around the mission. I am very happy with what I have played and I can't wait to play other content, even though I am terrible at making things myself.

There are a few minor glitches, though I am not sure if the glitch from the first game is back.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18816 Posts
I didnt get a email. how come?
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

i have the email, but im having to much fun in vegas, plus i dont have my ps3 here lol why woudl i? and sadly i hope my code dont expire by the time i get back

0Hamburgher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 0Hamburgher
Member since 2010 • 957 Posts

So Sucker Punch distributes the codes right? and who the **** do they pick? Randomly?

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JoKeR_421

So Sucker Punch distributes the codes right? and who the **** do they pick? Randomly?

0Hamburgher
i think if u are a ps+ member or registered with them at their site.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WiiMan21
[QUOTE="0Hamburgher"]

JoKeR_421
i think if u are a ps+ member or registered with them at their site.

^Pretty much this^
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

Check your E-Mails if you haven't already, the InFamous 2 beta is out. Here is a video of some of the beta released by Sucker Punch earlier.

I am currently 3% done downloading it so no impressions yet, after I play a bit I will edit this post with my impressions.

WiiMan21

Got the email. Thanks for the heads up.

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

yeah I have been registered and have not got an email

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#9 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I haven't gotten an invite yet. I heard that they'll be sending more out next week (according to some NeoGAF users, that is), though, so I'm hoping I'll get in then.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i registered, i also have PS+, and i didnt get an e-mail yet

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I didn't get an email and I have Plus and signed up on their website...
MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
Nothing yet, I hope I get in! I remember they were saying how the number of trophies you earned in the original was a factor on being selected for the beta.
MaKillaGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 MaKillaGorilla
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

i have the email, but im having to much fun in vegas, plus i dont have my ps3 here lol why woudl i? and sadly i hope my code dont expire by the time i get back

JoKeR_421

Well stop getting on here and get some SushMrooms and walk the strip. Not to mention the ladies of the night, they is lonely.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]

MaKillaGorilla

Well stop getting on here and get some SushMrooms and walk the strip. Not to mention the ladies of the night, they is lonely.

im here with my gf lol. and im on here using my fone. i still want to be up to date with my games :P.......and for everyone else, theres more invites coming soon. more will be send out by next week.
MaKillaGorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 MaKillaGorilla
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts

Right on man, i dont blame you. Have some fun for me out there.

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#16 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

Nor have I but I know its out, and hopefully will get one

Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts

WiiMan21
Lucky you bro :(
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Well i guess they aren't going to go distributing codes to everyone who owns a PS3 even though it'd probably be the best practice for maximum impact i guess they just sort of give the franchise fans the sweet treats.
Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
dont need no betas,i'll patiently wait for the game.Enough time on my hands,TV has lots of sports on,got LBP2 and aiming for DCUO and purchasing 15 PS+Plus sub.
slbdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 slbdevil
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts

I did sign up for their website on the 1st day but nothing yet... I have 40% on my inFamous trophy list if that counts. :S

Is it possible that they will still send me an invite for the beta?

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JoKeR_421

I did sign up for their website on the 1st day but nothing yet... I have 40% on my inFamous trophy list if that counts. :S

slbdevil
ur trophies for the first game has nothin to do with it lol. basically ppl who signed up with ps+ from start when it was announced and available get more stuff...i realized that, also if u signed up on their website ud also get in, but it wasnt 100% guarantee ud get it.....what i meant about the ps+ thing, is that ppl who signed up with ps+ recently they dont get as much privileges as or benefits when it comes to exclusive betas and what not. those who supported them from start, usually get everythin and anythin.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WiiMan21
[QUOTE="slbdevil"]

JoKeR_421
ur trophies for the first game has nothin to do with it lol. basically ppl who signed up with ps+ from start when it was announced and available get more stuff...i realized that, also if u signed up on their website ud also get in, but it wasnt 100% guarantee ud get it.....what i meant about the ps+ thing, is that ppl who signed up with ps+ recently they dont get as much privileges as or benefits when it comes to exclusive betas and what not. those who supported them from start, usually get everythin and anythin.

I platinumed the game but that probably has nothing to do with me getting the beta.
Chubith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chubith
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts

To everyone who has got a code.... I HATE YOU!! :D I cant wait for this game. Hero edition preordered. Does that not mean anything suckerpunch?!

slbdevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 slbdevil
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts

[QUOTE="slbdevil"]

JoKeR_421

Well, i'm not even PS PLUS but i wish i got an invite! :(

lol

KohlscheeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KohlscheeN
Member since 2004 • 218 Posts

do i get a mail sent to my hotmail or the mail on my ps3 ?

b1ohazardzon3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 b1ohazardzon3
Member since 2010 • 82 Posts

i am waiting and waiting and waitng but :(