im so saddened by the lost of so many exclusives...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Isual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

User Lists: 0

#1 Isual
Member since 2003 • 429 Posts

losing so many in less than a month, i am just so saddened. and no, i am NOT a sony fanboy. its just that so many series that i love to see on the ps3 has gone off to the 360. i guess the only thing that could keep sony in the frontline and not on the bottomw would them to have again* the dominate in roleplaying games and stellar amazing exclusives like metal gear, white knight story, lair and not lose their exclusivity.

but unlike microsoft, they DONT buy their exclusives but instead hope that companies would stay loyal to them. but unfortunately 3rd party companies see that the money on one console just isn't enough, and that multiplatform as the saying nowadays is the way to go. i do have to admit that microsoft's achievement system is indeed a great implement. that getting something out of what your doing and showing off to the world is truely something that a lot of gamers are into, and as am i.

in the end i think sony's only hope now is exclusivity hands down. again i am not bashing on sony or boosting at all microsoft. just my thoughts.

and on a side note...why oh why ace combat 6...i so wanted to take out fellow gamers on ps3...but 360 will have to do...sigh.

trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#4 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
We didnt lose that many. Just GTA, DMC4 and Ace Combat. Nothing else is really confirmed. I think Katamari is 360 now also.. I personally dont really care unless we have one long living exclusive like FF or MGS.
unkosando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 unkosando
Member since 2004 • 37 Posts
you can still take out fellow gamers on PS3 because Ace Combat will be multi-platform. Who cares about supposed exclusives being lost as long as we still get to play them?
downPlayDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 downPlayDemon
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
We didnt lose that many. Just GTA, DMC4 and Ace Combat. Nothing else is really confirmed. I think Katamari is 360 now also.. I personally dont really care unless we have one long living exclusive like FF or MGS.trav_have
and unreal. Assasin's Creed would have also been an exclusive if ken kutaragi laid off the opium and actually did business.
jetsmanfoley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jetsmanfoley
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Yeah this really doesn't bother me at all. As long as I can play the game, why should I care if my friends with 360s can also play it? It's the same with former 360 exclusives being ported over to PS3 (I cannot wait to get my hands on oblivion). The only thing that would bother me is if there was a game I was expecting to play that became 360 exclusive and I couldn't get it, but I don't really see that coming.
iwishiwasrich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 iwishiwasrich
Member since 2006 • 616 Posts
we only lost like 3 good titles. and gta4 was never really exculsive
Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Master__Shake
Member since 2002 • 6214 Posts

losing so many in less than a month, i am just so saddened. and no, i am NOT a sony fanboy. its just that so many series that i love to see on the ps3 has gone off to the 360. i guess the only thing that could keep sony in the frontline and not on the bottomw would them to have again* the dominate in roleplaying games and stellar amazing exclusives like metal gear, white knight story, lair and not lose their exclusivity.

but unlike microsoft, they DONT buy their exclusives but instead hope that companies would stay loyal to them. but unfortunately 3rd party companies see that the money on one console just isn't enough, and that multiplatform as the saying nowadays is the way to go. i do have to admit that microsoft's achievement system is indeed a great implement. that getting something out of what your doing and showing off to the world is truely something that a lot of gamers are into, and as am i.

in the end i think sony's only hope now is exclusivity hands down. again i am not bashing on sony or boosting at all microsoft. just my thoughts.

and on a side note...why oh why ace combat 6...i so wanted to take out fellow gamers on ps3...but 360 will have to do...sigh.

Isual
Why would a company stay loyal to sony if sony is not loyal to them? The "edge"tools have been in sony's hands for over a year or so yet they didn't release them to 3rd party devs only to 1st party companies. Whiel 360's optimized tools have been available day 1 to EVERYONE that is developing a game for 360. You people talk about loyalty and act like it's a new thing, like you just started playing games with the ps2.
Isual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#10 Isual
Member since 2003 • 429 Posts
[QUOTE="Isual"]

Master__Shake

Why would a company stay loyal to sony if sony is not loyal to them? The "edge"tools have been in sony's hands for over a year or so yet they didn't release them to 3rd party devs only to 1st party companies. Whiel 360's optimized tools have been available day 1 to EVERYONE that is developing a game for 360. You people talk about loyalty and act like it's a new thing, like you just started playing games with the ps2.

YOU PEOPLE?? racist- and that isnt sarcasm. i dont care what you say. loyalty? it is not about loyalty?i never wrote that, i wrote exclusivity. and what optimized tools? never mind, i dont care as well. didnt i state i was not bashing or supporting either one? YOU seem to start 'hating' what i wrote. and speaking of loyalty, no one said they were supposed to be loyal. everything was unspoken. the moment i started reading what YOU wrote,

and cut-

pilosopo skills. 

magrappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 magrappy
Member since 2003 • 1835 Posts
yeh but it doesnt really hurt you playing a game on your ps3 that someone else has it on the xbox360, ps3 will still have great exclusives, and i think Gears of War started as an Xbox360 exclusive and went PS3 aswell, look at it as a swop, even though i never liked the game its one more for other PS3 owners to enjoy.
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Doesnt really matter as long as those games still gets released on PS3.
vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
Man you guys are acting like we lost MGS or FF
jpurcell35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jpurcell35
Member since 2005 • 154 Posts
as long as we can still play them does it really matter caus its not like the profit or loss sony makes matters. no1 here has sony shares...i hope
nyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 nyn
Member since 2004 • 30 Posts

... but instead hope that companies would stay loyal to them.....

Isual

We're talking business here, not pleasure. Like it or not companies need money to survive. And i know my landlord only accepts money and not loyalty, so does the local supermarket.... 

Besides why would you care if people on other platforms get to play the games too as long as you get to play them?

widowmaker71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 widowmaker71
Member since 2006 • 126 Posts
I think the main part that hurts Sony is the customer who has neither system and once these multi plat games begin to hit shelves.  Or the customers who was waiting for more games to be released for PS3. Any customer who is in the store for the game is not going to pay 700 to GTA 4 or Assassins Creed or DMC. If they have any type of monetary responsibility anywhere else in their life. That customer will look at the least expensive option first and if that is not what they want they will just not buy at all. The casual gamer does not follow a game from the time its announced, they usually just walk in one day and see it.
rappid_rabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rappid_rabbit
Member since 2007 • 900 Posts
Look, the only good thing about this is that, less people will buy PS3's. Which means, Sony will have to drop the price this holiday season. Now since they are already losing money. I dont know if thats a good idea...but, hey they need SOMETHING to spur sales. Everybody following the gaming industry closely knew that this next generation would be devoid of so many console exclusives, that graced the past generations. Its just economics... Come on people. If you need "reasons" in the form of exclusives to justify the price of the PS3, well your just a sucker, and should have waited until the price went down, to buy one. The PS3 didnt lose anything, its still coming to the PS3, THE GAMES LOST EXCLUSIVE STATUS! PS3 didn't lose jack.
Yung_Cesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Yung_Cesar
Member since 2006 • 28 Posts

Although UT3 was announced as an Exclusive and maybe someone in Sony screwed up and lost or something I wouldn't exactly call it exclusive considering there were other Unreal games on Xbox and the fact that Epic did have success with the 360. GTA was on Xbox last time so I wasn't surprised although I do think Sony could have kept this one exclusive, but it doesn't bother me really. Assassin's Creed I'm not sure Ubisoft doesn't usually make exclusive games and this one was orginally planned for 360 still doesn't bother me. And Mercanaries was on the xbox before so I don't know why people expected that to be an exclusive. The only exclusives that we REALLY lost were:

DMC4, Ace Combat (we may still get it), and I'll give them GTA IV. All the others were planned for PS3 exclusives and the loss of them made it sound like we lost exclusives even though they were probably going multiplat.