Im moving to the PS3...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Saki-M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Saki-M
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I will make the PS3 my main gaming system, i though about this a lot...

Iv been a PC gamer since i was 9-10... and im soon turning 22... but i cant take this anymore, really...

My main reason is the DRM.

I know some people admire Steam, but i just cant stand it. I tried to love it! really, i tried really hard,but i cant stand the idea that i need to use it.

It was ok when i had 2-3 steam games, but when my steam library got bigger, it suddenly started bothering me.

I cant play this way anymore.

More & more games start using it and i dont feel "free" anymore in the PC gaming world.

Everything became digitally and its killing me.

Not to mention other kind of DRM. I feel that way a few months already,

It felt such a chore sometimes for just playing a PC game.

I refused to quit so fast because, well, iv been a lot of years in the pc gaming world...but my final thought was that if i not enjoying anymore, there is no reason i need stay in the PC gaming.

So, yeah.... i picked up Assassins Creed II, GOW Collection & Little Big Planet GOTY.

Also a big amount of games i like i prefer to play with a controller [Prototype, Batman AA, DarkSiders, Assassins Creed, etc...]and i dont really want to connect a controller to the PC, itsjust dont feel the same.

Wanted to share with you my thoughs.

custerke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 custerke
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts

I completely agree with you on this, I also quit gaming on my pc since a few years. To me it also started to feel like I was obliged to game instead of it being just a hobby and for fun. Now when I only game on my PS3 I finally have the feeling again that its all just for fun and I feel relaxed while doing it, while when I was gaming on my PC all I felt was tension.

And great job on choosing the PS3, you won't regret it I'm sure of that ;-) Just make sure you treat the system well cuz the last thing you would want is a YLOD :P oh... and make sure you do a backup of your system regularly, just in case anything might happen with your data. Best tip I could give ya

Saki-M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Saki-M

I completely agree with you on this, I also quit gaming on my pc since a few years. To me it also started to feel like I was obliged to game instead of it being just a hobby and for fun. Now when I only game on my PS3 I finally have the feeling again that its all just for fun and I feel relaxed while doing it, while when I was gaming on my PC all I felt was tension.

And great job on choosing the PS3, you won't regret it I'm sure of that ;-) Just make sure you treat the system well cuz the last thing you would want is a YLOD :P oh... and make sure you do a backup of your system regularly, just in case anything might happen with your data. Best tip I could give ya

custerke

Tension is the word i was looking for.

My uncle got PS3 and i enjoyed it a lot, just put the disc in and start playing, i missed this feeling so much.

And thank you :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts
i don't understand how digital distribution can be such a problem. they also make hard copies of PC games, you know. go visit your local retailer if you don't believe me. don't get me wrong, PS3 is a solid choice, but i just don't feel you on this one.
Jwash16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jwash16
Member since 2004 • 176 Posts

Can you explain where the tension comes from? I thinking of getting into PC gaming and I don't fully understand what you mean by this.

Saki-M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Saki-M

I know i can buy retial copies, but a lot of retial games using Steam also, and i just dont want steam.

PC gaming started to force you using some other programs to play games, and i cant bring myself to love Steam, GOG, Impulse, whatever.

When i played Steam game i always though what will happend when Steam will be no more, what will happend if my account suddenly become disabled.

Ho and, yeah, my accountgot disabled about half a year ago,Steamsaid some chargeback appeard, though my credit company didnt see anything wrong with my card.

I couldnt do ANYTHING. My credit card company didnt know what to tell me because there was no problem, so this account still disabled from half a year ago, but its not a big deal, i had only a few games on it, like, L4D 1, The witcher, and a few more... but imagine if i had more?

And i created another account, yup, i loved steam and gave them another chance, but when my library got bigger, i started to live in fear of what they might do next to my account.

I dont want this headache

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts
guess how much PS3 players spend money on their PSN-account? Yeah, a lot. I forgot my PSN-account password few months ago, and i was just as stuck. It's no different than Steam. I only play Valve games using Steam. You most definetly don't NEED Steam to play games... You have made the decision yourself to buy all those games through Steam.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

PS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> EVER! Good Move!

kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kidunique
Member since 2009 • 186 Posts
Congratulations. Remember remembering your account passwords is really your personal responisiblity. I have not tried my PSN account so I don't have any PSN games really but i may try some. I'm also a recently new PS3 owner i bought it in July 2010 and i love it. I wanted one since I was in the 9th grade when they first came out. im glad i waited though. by the way im now in college.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
Welcome man, I did the same thing, been pc gamer since I was 10 and last year moved to PS3. Never looked back. Well barely, I do play Minecraft alot on my lappie and the occasional pc (microsoft) exclusive. :) Have fun.
ahmedelsaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ahmedelsaka
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

i very good idea indeed,

but still dont forget the PC.

ive love both systems the same,

i started to play stupid reading PC games when i was 3-4 years and got a PS1 and loved themboth but then i traveled for 3 years and my PS1 brock and i didn't have time to fix it befor i go and take i with me so i got a new PC and made it my main system for 3 years and when i came back kept my PC as my main system til the PS3 came out and I got it. i would of made it my main system but i cant leave what i made on the PC,i took my internal hardisk with me :)

i have soo many PC games and their all worth my PS3 :)

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i havnt pc gamed in ..... 3-4 years... but.. isnt there ALWAYS the option to buy a retail copy of a game if digital distribution bothers u? Anyways.. i cant stand 3rd person games with keyboard and mouse.... they just belong to a controller IMO ofcourse.. try out god of war 3 after u finish the collection..its an awesome game.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Yeah most games are available retail... why not just buy them instead of DD? That's what i been doing, i COULD have DD them but i got the discs to make me feel like i actually do own the damn games...
Krigen89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Krigen89
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

Good for you! Really!

I had been a PC gamer all my life, but 4-5 years ago I moved over to the 360 because my PC was getting too old for newer games and I didn't have the finances for a PC gaming rig. I was happy for a while, but after my 3rd RROD and being tired of paying for Xbox Live, I moved over to the PS3 18 months ago. Couldn't be happier! It's a great machine, it brought me a Blu-Ray player for the same price as a stand-alone blu-ray player, but also has crisper graphics than 360 (in my opinion, I'm not gonna debate), better sound, free online, and more sensitive gamepads... I'm very very happy, and I'm sure you'll be too!

EDIT: oh, and I forget how PC gaming became very tedious over the years... all the trouble with drivers, installing, patching, reinstalling because the patch messed everything up... I love popping the disc in and sitting in my couch to play on my 50 inches plasma.

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

Congrats and welcome.