I'm hosting a Modern Warfare 2 tournament, anyone intrested?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

flameducky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

User Lists: 0

#1 flameducky
Member since 2008 • 488 Posts

Hey guys, I'm hosting a Modern Warfare 2 tournamnet in July and I'm looking for particiapants. I got two $5 PSN cards for my birthday and I decided to give them away to the winner. I can send you tournament info on PSN if you add me, my PSN id is Flameducky. The thread will close when tournament sign-ups end. Hoping to aim for a July weekend for the tournament's start.

And no, this is not a scam because it's impossible for me to make money off it in any way. There are no tournaments on PS3 because of how competitive 360 players are so I'm doing this for you guys!

Those who don't wanna play are free to spectate during the tournament! Hope to see some skilled players sign up! ;)

-Flame 8)

Update: I finally finished tournament round info. Here's info on all the rounds in the tournament:

Open lobby

Map: Karachi

Weapons: All weapons allowed

Settings: Double health, slow health regeneration, headshots only.

Conditions: Will go on for 20 minutes. I'm doing this so we have something to do while we wait for tournament participants. After that all non-tournament players will be kicked and there will be a 5 minute break before the tournament starts.

Qualifier

Map: Scrapyard

Weapons: All but launchers

Settings: 10 minutes.

Conditions: Free for all to determine second team captain. Person with the most kills when the game ends will be the second team captain. Flameducky will be the first.

Snipe-off

Players: 18

Map: Wasteland

Weapons: All sniper rifles but nothing else. However, the M9 pistol (No akimbo) maybe be used as a sidearm.

Settings: No health regeneration, 10 minutes, hardcore mode, 10 second respawns delay.

Conditions: After both team captains have picked their players, the match will begin. Players may no scope, quick scope, and hard scope. Camping is allowed but only if your lying prone in the grass and players may NOT camp with their side arms. The 2 players with the lowest score on both teams will be eliminated.

Suicide Runner

Players: 14

Map: Underpass

Weapons: No guns or riot shields allowed. Players may use all equipment though.

Settings: 5 second respawns delay, 10 minutes long, fast health regeneration.

Conditions: Sabotage. All players are required to set their perks as marathon, lightweight, and commando. Players must run around knifing their enemies. Tactical knives and throwing knives are highly recommended. The 2 players from both teams with lowest score are eliminated.

Every Shot Counts

Players: 10

Map: Highrise

Weapons: All equipment but only gun they may use is M9. Riot shields are required but they cannot be used as a weapon.

Settings: HQ Active Delay is instant. HQ Lifetime is unlimited. Score limit is 500. No time limit. Health regeneration is fast. Health is miniscule. Perks disabled.

Conditions: Players must work together while putting up with limited health to capture HQs in this Headquarters game. Health regeneration is fast so attackers will need to take out defenders quickly. Grenades are highly recommended because of low health. The lowest scoring player on both teams will be eliminated.

Last Resort

Players: 8

Map: Farvela

Weapons: All but no riot shields or launchers.

Settings: Bomb timer is 1 minute, defuse and plant times are both 10 seconds, multi-bomb enabled, score limit is 8 points, round switch every 4 rounds, double health but no health regeneration, radar disabled, friendly fire is reflected.

Conditions: Search and destroy with allot on the line. Settings make killing enemies harder and friendly fire along with no radar forces players to be very cautious. The team that loses this game will have all it's team members eliminated from the tournament, and the winning team will be split up and move onto the final four. If Flameducky is on losing team, I will spectate Final Four.

Final Four

Players: 4

Map: Scrapyard

Weapons: Knives only, no equipment, Michael Myers IS NOT allowed to use special grenades, however people being chased by him are allowed to use special grenades.

Settings: Michael Myers will be OpFor, victims will be TF141, team deathmatch with 1 life, spectating is free but if a player gives away another player's location they're disqualified, no health regeneration.

Conditions: Michael Myers with a twist. Riot shields are banned. Michael Myers will be selected in order by rank. Other players are NOT allowed to kill Michael Myers. Michael Myers must kill other players as quickly as possible. I will be using a timer to record the amount of time it takes for Michael Myers to kill all victims. If Michael Myers kills someone with anything other then a knife, game will continue but for every non-knife kill 1 minute is added to his time (Bad for Michael Myers). If a victim kills Michael Myers with a gun, Michael Myers' time will be reduced my one minute (Good for Michael Myers). The player who takes the longest to kill all victims will be eliminated. If I was on losing team last game then the 2 longest times will be eliminated instead of just 1. Remaining 2 players will advanced to the Final Showdown.

Final Showdown

Players: 2

Map: Rust

Weapons: All equipment but the only weapon allowed is the M9 and USP .45 pistols. No attachments are allowed on either pistol. If any other weapons are used, the person who was killed will automatically be declared the winner, no exceptions.

Settings: No perks, no killstreak rewards, 5 second spawn delay, unlimited time, score limit it 1000, no spectating

Conditions: I will spectate the last match. One on one, USP .45 and M9 only, neither weapon can have attachments on it. Players may not climb the ladder or use the side ramp to walk up. Other players are also invited to spectate, but any player who joins the match will be removed by everyone else in the match (Including spectators) and the match with continue. First player to reach 20 kills we be the winner!

Update 2: Tournament sign-ups are open! Email me at Jmhorrors@gmail.com and your in!

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
How do u give us the $5?
krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

There are no tournaments on PS3 because of how competitive 360 players are

flameducky

Sense. This makes none.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
[QUOTE="krsvbg"]

[QUOTE="flameducky"]

Sense. This makes none.

Pshh, If anything console gamers are the casual ones.
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

Hey guys, I'm hosting a Modern Warfare 2 tournamnet in July and I'm looking for particiapants. I got two $5 PSN cards for my birthday and I decided to give them away to the winner. I can send you tournament info on PSN if you add me, my PSN id is Flameducky. The thread will close when tournament sign-ups end. Hoping to aim for a July weekend for the tournament's start.

And no, this is not a scam because it's impossible for me to make money off it in any way. There are no tournaments on PS3 because of how competitive 360 players are so I'm doing this for you guys!

Those who don't wanna play are free to spectate during the tournament! Hope to see some skilled players sign up! ;)

-Flame 8)

flameducky

I can Vouch for him.

I've known him for a while and he's not lying.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GeneralHawx

[QUOTE="flameducky"]

-Flame 8)

1bigsmoke55

I can Vouch for him.

u sure? k fine I'm in
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 1bigsmoke55

[QUOTE="1bigsmoke55"]

[QUOTE="flameducky"]

-Flame 8)

GeneralHawx

I can Vouch for him.

u sure? k fine I'm in

I'm sure, and good luck!

I'm not entering, now this was a BC2 squad thing, i'd sure as hell would enter.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GeneralHawx
dude whats ur KDR?
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GeneralHawx

[QUOTE="GeneralHawx"][QUOTE="1bigsmoke55"]

I can Vouch for him.

1bigsmoke55

u sure? k fine I'm in

I'm sure, and good luck!

one last thing, how the heck am I suppose to get the PSN money he can't send it to me nor would I let him and PSN cards only come in $20 and $50s
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 1bigsmoke55

[QUOTE="1bigsmoke55"]

[QUOTE="GeneralHawx"] u sure? k fine I'm inGeneralHawx

I'm sure, and good luck!

one last thing, how the heck am I suppose to get the PSN money he can't send it to me nor would I let him and PSN cards only come in $20 and $50s

He sends the code through the messaging system.

and yes there are $10 psn cards.

I think there's $5 ones as well.

I'll look.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GeneralHawx

I'm sure, and good luck!

1bigsmoke55

I'll look.

oh okay that's cool can't wait to win or if he gives me the codes because then I can get stuff off the PSN for once lol
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 1bigsmoke55

[QUOTE="1bigsmoke55"]

[QUOTE="GeneralHawx"] one last thing, how the heck am I suppose to get the PSN money he can't send it to me nor would I let him and PSN cards only come in $20 and $50sGeneralHawx

I'll look.

oh okay that's cool can't wait to win or if he gives me the codes because then I can get stuff off the PSN for once lol

I hope it clears up any confusion! :D

But, what about reigons?

If GeneralHawx is canadian, well... ?

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GeneralHawx

I'll look.

1bigsmoke55

But, what about reigons?

omg forgot about that factor dang it ughh.... whatever if it doesnt work it'll just be fun to play thanks bigsmokes :)
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 1bigsmoke55

[QUOTE="1bigsmoke55"]

[QUOTE="GeneralHawx"] oh okay that's cool can't wait to win or if he gives me the codes because then I can get stuff off the PSN for once lolGeneralHawx

But, what about reigons?

omg forgot about that factor dang it ughh.... whatever if it doesnt work it'll just be fun to play thanks bigsmokes :)

I wish the cards were international.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GeneralHawx

But, what about reigons?

1bigsmoke55

I wish the cards were international.

same it's stupid and ridiculous because u don't get taxed on cards anyways so there's really no point in not making them international
hopedead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hopedead
Member since 2006 • 232 Posts

Down

PSN: Hopedead

flameducky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 flameducky

How do u give us the $5?GeneralHawx

I give you the PSN codes if you win the tournament

flameducky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 flameducky

I'll look.

1bigsmoke55

But, what about reigons?

I'm waiting until AFTER the tournament ends to buy the cards. if the winner is not American I'll get the cards off eBay

flameducky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 flameducky

[QUOTE="krsvbg"]

[QUOTE="flameducky"]

Fightingfan

Sense. This makes none.

Pshh, If anything console gamers are the casual ones.

For god's sakes, this is a damn tournament forum not system wars

Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
That sounds fun except that MW2 freezes everytime I try to play multiplayer or single player so that really isn't an option right now.
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GeneralHawx

[QUOTE="1bigsmoke55"]

[QUOTE="GeneralHawx"] oh okay that's cool can't wait to win or if he gives me the codes because then I can get stuff off the PSN for once lolflameducky

But, what about reigons?

I'm waiting until AFTER the tournament ends to buy the cards. if the winner is not American I'll get the cards off eBay

but Canadian cards only come in $20 :(
XDeath_ReaperX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XDeath_ReaperX
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I'm in, but just one question. Part of it says the only gun they can use is the m9. What if the player hasn't unlocked the m9?
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

I'd join if there was hardcore search in there, but there is none, so it's just more random running around with the help of killstreaks.

Too run and gun-y.

raiden_mgs2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 raiden_mgs2
Member since 2007 • 473 Posts

Sounds cool, ill be up for it

PSN - Altair864

Put something in message because all blank friends requests = automatically ignored :P

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GeneralHawx
I'm in, but just one question. Part of it says the only gun they can use is the m9. What if the player hasn't unlocked the m9?XDeath_ReaperX
too bad I guess lol I think he might allow USP .45
raiden_mgs2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 raiden_mgs2
Member since 2007 • 473 Posts

[QUOTE="XDeath_ReaperX"]I'm in, but just one question. Part of it says the only gun they can use is the m9. What if the player hasn't unlocked the m9?GeneralHawx

Don't think you have to level up too much to unlock the M9 anyway

XDeath_ReaperX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XDeath_ReaperX
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="XDeath_ReaperX"]I'm in, but just one question. Part of it says the only gun they can use is the m9. What if the player hasn't unlocked the m9?GeneralHawx

lol well i have unlocked it and have all the attachments for it since its my favorite handgun, I was just saying that for those who might of not unlocked it yet.
flameducky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 flameducky

@Scianix-Black

wow fail post. You really need to learn how to read. The "last resort" match is hardcore search and destroy and I disabled killstreaks for a bunch of the rounds. get your facts straight

flameducky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 flameducky

M9 is unlocked easily so anyone whose level isn't that high will probably get owned lmao

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

This will not fly with the admins most likely...

I tried this, when the first MW came out and they locked it...minus the prizes.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 1bigsmoke55

@Scianix-Black

wow fail post. You really need to learn how to read. The "last resort" match is hardcore search and destroy and I disabled killstreaks for a bunch of the rounds. get your facts straight

flameducky

Calm your nipples man.