I'm getting SICK and TIRED of fps games

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DiamondSlicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1 DiamondSlicer
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

Seriously, how much time and talent is wasted on another fps game that is 99.99% similar to its predecessor you think? So much good could be used for creating new games! Oh look, the new MoH is out, lets shoot another 1000 guys or so and play MP that's probably the same like all those other shooters! It's so much fun!

The same concept is recycled over and over. Aren't you guys getting bored of it, too?

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

no , because i play also other games , i recommend you to play different games - problem solved

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#3 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Yes.

But I still would like Killzone 4, if the campaign was through the eyes of the Helghast (preferably Hakha) and you get to kill Rico at the end that is.

DiamondSlicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DiamondSlicer

no , because i play also other games , i recommend you to play different games - problem solved

AmnesiaHaze

You can't deny that devs focus so much on shooters simply for $. Like I said, the same idea is recycled over and over, which is war and simply killing people. Of course I play more genres, but I really think it's a pity they don't use their talent for different games for once instead of shooters.

Sophette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Sophette
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts

It's because first person shooters are a safe gamble. No matter how crappy a FPS is it WILL sell. People will complain, but they'll still buy it (even if they trade it it a week later) Those first day-week sales are enough for most companies to justify FPS games. Look at the last few Medal of Honor games, people complain they're bad, but they still sold well enough for sequels.

Most developers can't afford to risk new ideas right now because of how hard it is to break even. It's easier to just trod out another sequel or a FPS since they're easy pick up and play games, especially with online multiplayer (no matter how broken it may be) and there's also the DLC (voluntary) ball and chain which forever keeps first person shooters on top.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

Seriously, how much time and talent is wasted on another fps game that is 99.99% similar to its predecessor you think? So much good could be used for creating new games! Oh look, the new MoH is out, lets shoot another 1000 guys or so and play MP that's probably the same like all those other shooters! It's so much fun!

The same concept is recycled over and over. Aren't you guys getting bored of it, too?

DiamondSlicer
good for you....now why don't you play something else while those people that like fps enjoy their game
DiamondSlicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DiamondSlicer

But does all that justify that the FPS money milking business is creating those games for those reasons? It's not about being secure about your position in the game industry, it's first and foremost about money. They don't care about anything else but sales.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AmnesiaHaze

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

DiamondSlicer

You can't deny that devs focus so much on shooters simply for $. Like I said, the same idea is recycled over and over, which is war and simply killing people. Of course I play more genres, but I really think it's a pity they don't use their talent for different games for once instead of shooters.

im not denying , but my freedom of choice is still there , there are lots of great gamesother than shooters imo to keep you busy 24/7

shinigami-uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shinigami-uk
Member since 2006 • 148 Posts
yeah, its a shame. i used to play fps on my pc and remember that people actually play the same multiplayer game ffor years. obviously publishers are getting greedy and want people to keep spending money on a new game. i think people should follow what cod is doing in china and fill it with microtransactions. sort of like a mmo f2p style. fifa also followed the microtransaction thing, but shamefully those will not be passed onto the next season.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#10 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

DiamondSlicer

And you can't deny that it's not up to the devs as to what game they make, and what goes in it. The publishers have their grubby, pudgy hands in everything. I'm with Amnesia, play another genre for a while. I mix my games up so that I never play more than 2 in one genre in a row.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

You make it sound as if there's no other choice out there for gaming... Only you can prevent forest fires... Just don't buy them. Play a racing game, strategy game, platformer... "SingStar"... there are TONS of different genres...

TheSacredFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheSacredFlame
Member since 2011 • 324 Posts

Play different genres? :?

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
After playing so many third-person action/shooter games, I find FPS games to be too restricting. I hate not having periphery vision that TPS games give you. I think the last FPS I played was Crysis 2 and it was all right, but I'm more a third-person kinda guy.
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AmnesiaHaze

You make it sound as if there's no other choice out there for gaming... Only you can prevent forest fires... Just don't buy them. Play a racing game, strategy game, platformer... "SingStar"... there are TONS of different genres...

MonkeySpot

SingStar - i would not play that even if it was free , or if i was forced to played it id still refuse that :D

DarkRikuShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 DarkRikuShadow
Member since 2004 • 627 Posts

Just switch over to a different game. i can say i do grow tired of doing the same thing cod wise but thats all my friends play so i wanna still beable to chill with my friends.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

AmnesiaHaze

SingStar - i would not play that even if it was free , or if i was forced to played it id still refuse that :D

*LARFS!!!*

:lol:

I'm picturing that scene from "The Deer Hunter" - "Diddi-MOW! Diddi-MOW! You Sing ABBA!!! 'Waterloo'! Diddi-MOW!!!"

:lol:

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Don't play them then. Gee, that was so hard, wasn't it?

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#18 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Yeah, I got sick of them a few years after I really got into them. I'll still play them if it's a series I like or just looks like a decent game. My purchases of FPS has gone down, but I also rent them more then I buy them due to lack of lasting appeal. I probably won't abandon the genre anytime soon, because games like BioShock will come across every now and again. I think there are a fair amount of other options and genres to chose from if you really hate FPS, but I understand your disdain towards the sheer number of them being pushed through and the decreasing quality and whatnot.
TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

and what's pathetic is that most (COD, MOH) don't take that much effort developing : you create the maps, put some items on it, create the mobs and their AI (which is not that good, just the number is challenging enough), put some textures, develop the weapons for the player character (which is quite always the same) : DONE

Lost-to-Apathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 Lost-to-Apathy
Member since 2012 • 459 Posts

I'm completely worn out when it comes to military shooters, but I welcome games like Rage (despite its problems).

BillyLee912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BillyLee912
Member since 2011 • 123 Posts

I kind of agree with you on the whole FPS thing. I was not a big first person shooter fan myself until I played Halo and also when I discovered a thing called zombies on Call Of Duty World at War and I have been hooked on killing zombies every since then but I digress. America has gone shooter crazy and a lot of people here in the states love shooters so developers develop for what the majority wants. Me personally I prefer beat em ups and RPGs.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

I haven't bought a shooter in awhile. And Aside from Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Halo, I don't really hear about other shooters being a huge sucsess anymore.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Then don't play them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Nope, only shooter I purchased in forever has been Borderlands 2, which I'm having a lot of fun with. Plenty of alternatives to FPS out there, especially on PS3.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
dont play fps games if you are sick of them.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i play a lot of fps games iam not tired
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Since I play 90% of the entire industry output. This genre is not one I can tire of. Since I play platformers/Rail shooters/Puzzle/RPG/fighting games/Driving/Third person shooters/Dungeon crawls/RTS/Shoot them ups etc. And then play a first person shooter.

out of 26 geanres, I play 20 of them. Since FPS is only 1 of many genres. I don't get sick and tired of any 1 genre.

Since the vast majority of games is 12yrs-22 years. Many of them are into FPS which is why Call of Duty sells millions of copy's each year. I just can't understand how people can play On-line over and over again. Then I would get fed up if I did that.

So if you don't like FPS games try a game like Rayman legends or a game other than a FPS. You might like the new discovery.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I have to agree that there are too many of them on the market, however, this wouldn't be the the issue if those titles were of a good quality and not just the random military shooters.

Dishonored and Bioshock come to mind as something to enjoy, we need more FPS in that caliber.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

Really...

Assassins Creed 3, New Super Mario Bros U, hopefully Ninja Gaiden 3: razers edge will be good, Tales of graces F, Xenoblade, the Last story, FFXIII-2, Mass Effect 3, Witcher 2, Need for Speed Most wanted, Forza Horizon, Fable the Journey, Kingdoms Of Amular, Resident Evil Revalations, Soul Calibur 5, Dead or Alive 5, Tekken Tag 2, Diablo III, Darksiders II, and I'm going to throw in Dishonored because while its in First Person, I don't classify it much as a shooter.

Those don't look like shooters to me and those are all the games I just thought up of off the top of my head, many I have played this year

While yes, FPS games come out frequently, some are still good. But doesn't that make you appreciate the others more.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#30 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I've been bored sick of shooters since the end of the PS2 generation. At least back then you got a decent campaign - now it's just some crappy training mode for the online. It wouldn't bother me if I could just play games from other genres, but that whole "Call of Duty sold a gazillion copies" thing has made it mandatory for all games regardless of genre to have some damned online component and - whenever possible - be turned into quasi-shooters to get a slice of those Call of Duty sales.

That's the main reason I have zero interest in a next gen console.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I only play like 1 or 2 FPS a year. The last FPS I bought was R3. Ive played a few downloadable FPS like Gotham City Imposers and what ever. But I dont find alot of FPS exciting, for example Bordelands 2, game looks like ass to me. COD or COD like FPS bore me, Dishonored doesnt look interesting. Ironically, I had no interest in Bioshock 1 or 2, but Im hyped for Infinite.

FPS are a hit or a miss for me. Didnt care for Crysis 1 or 2, but Im excited for 3. I played Farcry 2 for like 2 hours and hated it, but Im hyped for Farcry 3.

FriendlyFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FriendlyFalcon
Member since 2011 • 191 Posts

DiamondSlicer
this has repeated millions of times across the internet. get with the times
youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#33 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts
[QUOTE="DiamondSlicer"]

jsmoke03
good for you....now why don't you play something else while those people that like fps enjoy their game

this
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

People see what they want to see I guess.

DiamondSlicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 DiamondSlicer

I just wanted to make clear that I started this topic to mostly start a discussion about the fact that shooters are getting overhyped the last few years while others are left in the shadows because of it. So for the people saying 'switch genres' or for the people who are about to; don't bother. There is a reason I put that option in the poll as well. Jeez.

So no "play something else". I would rather see an argument and something that adds something to this topic instead of seeing people say the same thing.

Dishonored and Bioshock come to mind as something to enjoy, we need more FPS in that caliber.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. FPS is not a bad genre for that matter if you are talking about the ones that don't have war in it; killing bad old Germans, assassinating middle-eastern dictators and stopping terrorist plots, as example. We need to get over that. It's getting old.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
If you're tired of military FPS, then try Borderlands 2 and Far Cry 3. Also, BioShock Infinite and Metro Last Light are offering something new in this crowded genre.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 worlock77

I just wanted to make clear that I started this topic to mostly start a discussion about the fact that shooters are getting overhyped the last few years while others are left in the shadows because of it. DiamondSlicer

Sorry, but you're confusing your subjective opinion with objective fact. Don't do that.

DiamondSlicer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DiamondSlicer

[QUOTE="DiamondSlicer"]

I just wanted to make clear that I started this topic to mostly start a discussion about the fact that shooters are getting overhyped the last few years while others are left in the shadows because of it. worlock77

Sorry, but you're confusing your subjective opinion with objective fact. Don't do that.

So you're saying that I'm wrong by saying other games are overshadowed at the time these shooters come out? It's more fact than opinion. Other games are mostly cast aside at the time of the release, or same time period, of that specific shooter. While those get the hype, games more deserving of that hype get little or none at all.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="DiamondSlicer"]

I just wanted to make clear that I started this topic to mostly start a discussion about the fact that shooters are getting overhyped the last few years while others are left in the shadows because of it. DiamondSlicer

So you're saying that I'm wrong by saying other games are overshadowed at the time these shooters come out? It's more fact than opinion. Other games are mostly cast aside at the time of the release, or same time period, of that specific shooter. While those get the hype, games more deserving of that hype get little or none at all.

I'm not really sure what you're tkaling about. I see tons of hype for games outside of shooters

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="DiamondSlicer"]

Whether I agree or not is irrelevant, it's still just opinion.

armoredgeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 armoredgeneral
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Im with you bro. Im getting sick and tired of these too. especially the zombie ones
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

DiamondSlicer

I was getting bored in 2007. When 90% of the PS3 games were FPS'ers. Oblivion was a godsend at that time :lol:

One thing I don't understand is this "Call Of Duty mind spell" people seem to easily fall for like drooling zombies. When they've been essentially playing modified versions of Call Of Duty 4 with every release. FOR YEARS. Even down to the same broken online mode and (shortened even further) single player campaigns.

Vickman178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vickman178
Member since 2011 • 866 Posts

AmnesiaHaze

That problem is that there are too many FPS games being made. What happened to all the 3D platforming adventure games & JRPG's etc etc? We have seen less and less of those genres this generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"]

Vickman178

That problem is that there are too many FPS games being made. What happened to all the 3D platforming adventure games & JRPG's etc etc? We have seen less and less of those genres this generation.

Unfortunately it's because of the over population of bro gamers and little kids thinking shooters are cool. Essentially the mainstream. Why make a game like Tales when it sells under 1 million when we could make a game like CoD that could sell 6 million. I have nothing against CoD or the likes, they can be fun time to time, I just don't see how it gets rehashed every single year without a break and sells more and more each time. I would love for a ton of good quality platformers and jrpgs to come back. But NIS isn't doing the genre any favors by releasing pure crap and making people think that's what a jrpg is. I think Xenoblade and tales of graces did rather well, so hopefully that will fuel some more proper jrpgs to be released. As for platformers, we will probobly still have to look to Nintendo for that.

Thankfully, western RPGs and Action Adventure games are still kicking. Racing is doing good as Forza and NFS doing good this year. I am looking foward to Bioshock Infinite, a proper FPS.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

But does all that justify that the FPS money milking business is creating those games for those reasons? It's not about being secure about your position in the game industry, it's first and foremost about money. They don't care about anything else but sales.

DiamondSlicer

First Person Shooters are popular and developers want in on the pie. The same thing happened in the eighties with platformers and in the nineties with fighting games. It is not like there are not other games in different genre's. This year belongs to fighters hands down. You have games like Soul Calibur 5, Skullgirls, Blazblue, Street Fighter X Tekken, Persona 4: Arena, Mortal Kombat for Vita, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, and Dead or Alive 5.

Family games have also picked up in steam with titles such as Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault, Little Big Planet Karting, Sly 4, and PlayStation All Stars.

What about all the more creative games like Papo and Yo, Dyad, Journey, and the Unfinished Swan?

I really do not see the problem with having a lot of shooters. There are other types of games out there as well, so what difference does it make?

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
If the game is fun, I will play it. The genre doesn't matter.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
It only seems like there's a lot of FPS games if you obsess your hatred over them.
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

I'm more annoyed by the lack of innovation. But hey, sometimes a certain forumula really works. For example, I think the CODish things that Halo 4 is adapting really does work. And it'll be cool to see how it plays out in the game. But I like them for the most part.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts
I don't really care, I switch between genres.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#50 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

i'm not tired of shooters.