If You Could Revive One Dead Playstation Franchise...

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheDidact (3986 posts) -
....what would it be and what platforms would you make it on? (Note: The Franchise Doesn't have to be exclusive, just on Playstation) If I had a choice, I'd revive the Jak and Daxter franchise and give it to a Naughty Dog team. I would have it release as a PS4 title as well.
#2 Posted by finalserenade75 (2162 posts) -

Same here, Jak & Daxter would be my first choice. Not sure if I would call dead though, but yeah it's pretty close to it.

#3 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2325 posts) -

Hmm, I would want a new MediEvil probably.

#4 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -
Syphon Filter seems to be dead. I'd go for Syphon Filter 4 on PS4.
#5 Posted by Dysantic (1620 posts) -
Although I saw a story about a reboot sometime, I havent heard anything since so I'm going to say the Legacy of Kain series. They were sweet games
#6 Posted by Sophette (509 posts) -

NoirLamia777
Didn't they release a Medieval game last year?
#7 Posted by Threesixtyci (4324 posts) -

Haunting Ground

#8 Posted by Blueresident87 (5345 posts) -

No question it would be Jak and Daxter

#9 Posted by demon-zer0 (273 posts) -

Xenosaga would be nice... At least a HD remastered version for PS3

#10 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2325 posts) -

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

Sophette

Didn't they release a Medieval game last year?

Medieval Moves? If that's what you're thinking it's not the same franchise, just a shovelware Move title.

#11 Posted by -Fromage- (10536 posts) -
A Spyro game more like the original ones. I havent played any since the third one on PS1, and know nothing about the Skylanders stuff. But Spyro 2 Ripto's Rage was a lot of fun.
#12 Posted by lensflare15 (6197 posts) -

A Naughty Dog developed Crash, and Syphon Filter.

#13 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

Hmm, I have more than one candidate so I'll just post them all.

- Vigilante 8 (always prefered over Twisted Metal)
- Dark Cloud / Dark Chronicle
- Grandia (and lean it back morw towards I & II, not the abominations that came afterwards. Story and Epicness from I and awesome battle system from II)
- Dissidia (Even if it's not that old, I'd LOVE to have a new part on PS3 with easier and better accessible Online Mode)
- Tenchu (Don't even know if the series is dead, but after Wrath of Heaven I didn't hear anything good about it anymore, or at all)
- Timesplitters (I'm still baffled that not a single shooter with a great Tileseteditor has made it on the PS3 regarding it's technical power, same with Tenchu....man I love tileset level editors :) )

#14 Posted by saskayz (25 posts) -
Legend of Dragoon... I Simply don`t know why Sony refuses to do anything with this game.
#15 Posted by chocolate1325 (32644 posts) -

Jak and Daxter

#16 Posted by ristactionjakso (6118 posts) -

Final Fantasy.....

#17 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

Clock Tower

Fatal Frame

Silent Hill

Resident Evil

Haunting Ground

Sky Odyssey

Beyond Good & Evil

Metal Arms: Glitch in the System

TRAPT

Mark of the Kri

#18 Posted by Flubbbs (3744 posts) -

ODDWORLD!!!! my most beloved franchise ever.. theyre remaking Abe's Oddysee in HD right now and it looks awesome. Hopefully one day they will continue the quintology that was originally planned!

#19 Posted by 0diN_7 (1036 posts) -

Final Fantasy because even though it's not dead it might as well be and Legacy of Kain series.

#20 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Not much love for Crash Bandicoot. I'd like to see them make another, even if it was only something like a downloadable 2D sidescroller.

#21 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2325 posts) -

Not much love for Crash Bandicoot. I'd like to see them make another, even if it was only something like a downloadable 2D sidescroller.

Vari3ty

Everytime I see your posts I read them as if John Locke is speaking lol.

#22 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

NoirLamia777

Everytime I see your posts I read them as if John Locke is speaking lol.

Really? Interesting...

#23 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2325 posts) -

Really? Interesting...

Vari3ty

It doesn't help that I JUST finished watching the series.

#24 Posted by Djmaster214 (3239 posts) -

wow either got alot of young guys or you guys havent played the awesome jet moto series, i would also love to see a bushido blade sequel

#25 Posted by Djmaster214 (3239 posts) -

wow either got alot of young guys or you guys havent played the awesome jet moto series, i would also love to see a bushido blade sequel

#26 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6569 posts) -

jak and daxter would be my #1 choice

I'd also like new crash games and medievil would be cool too, they'd have to overhaul the gameplay quite a bit but I like the setting/style

#27 Posted by zyphyr2k12 (277 posts) -

Jet Moto! lol, seriously, on today's systems with nice graphics and much improved physics it could be a good game.

#28 Posted by glitch2424 (897 posts) -

Mark of Kri/Rise of the kisai

#29 Posted by Namgis (3592 posts) -

Brave Fencer Musashi. I loved that game back in the day.

-

Having not yet finished The Precursor Legacy, I can say that I would welcome another entry in the franchise.

#30 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
ape escape
#31 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2325 posts) -

Brave Fencer Musashi.Namgis

I too also would love another Musashi game, I even enjoyed the PS2 Musashi :|

#32 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]Really? Interesting...

NoirLamia777

Well then that would probably be why.:P

#33 Posted by Intense00 (51 posts) -

Harvest Moon for next gen consoles would be great

#34 Posted by Undead_Yakuza (222 posts) -

I would have to go with Valkyria Chronicles. The first game was nothing short of amazing, but the sequels was left to die on the PSP. Here's the plan: HD remake the s*** of the the PSP titles, and then make a proper sequel on the ps3/ps4.

#35 Posted by IC3_C0LD_ZERO (297 posts) -

Syphon Filter...it's a shame it became a handheld consoles game, a major home system release would be cool...

Crash Bandicoot would be cool too, but only if they returned to the gameplay of the first 3-4 games.

#36 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot definitely, made just like the PS1 originals!

#37 Posted by MonkeySpot (6070 posts) -

[QUOTE="NoirLamia777"]

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]Really? Interesting...

Vari3ty

Well then that would probably be why.:P

I just thought you had a thing for bald, super-intelligent protagonists...

:P

"LOST" and "Breaking Bad" are SUCH great television. S'why I have a lotta respect for you, Vari3ty... That, and you always speak the truth in your posts!

:D

#38 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2325 posts) -

I just thought you had a thing for bald, super-intelligent protagonists...

:P

"LOST" and "Breaking Bad" are SUCH great television. S'why I have a lotta respect for you, Vari3ty... That, and you always speak the truth in your posts!

:D

MonkeySpot

Indeed! Just finished Breaking Bad before I started Lost. Super-intelligent bald protagonists are the best.

#39 Posted by mav_destroyer (3069 posts) -
What I would like to see in this order: -Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver -Bloody Roar -Crash Bandicoot -Digimon World (hopefully not a flop like the last one) -Alundra -Siphon Filter

I would have to go with Valkyria Chronicles. The first game was nothing short of amazing, but the sequels was left to die on the PSP. Here's the plan: HD remake the s*** of the the PSP titles, and then make a proper sequel on the ps3/ps4.

Undead_Yakuza
Yes! I'm glad someone else thinks the PSP games were a bad move. The PSP games were really stripped down and were no where near as good as the first.
#40 Posted by Liquid_ (3046 posts) -

Brave Fencer Musashi(the first one)

Legend of Legaia(the first one)

Gauntlet Legends/Gauntlet Legacy

Fatal Frame

Star Wars Demolition

Bust A Groove Series

Jackie Chan Adventures

Poy Poy 1/2

I hope a dev out there hears my cry

#41 Posted by benleslie5 (8037 posts) -
  • Ape Escpae
  • Tomba!
  • Fatel Frame
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Um Jammer Lammy
  • Parappa the Rapper
#42 Posted by Kravyn81 (9438 posts) -
-Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver -Oddworld -Jak & Daxter -Tenchu
#43 Posted by araksik (531 posts) -

I think a new Legacy of Kain game would be amazing! I read somewhere that they might reboot it, but I'm not sure what happened to those rumours.

#44 Posted by JCMac120 (2771 posts) -
Legend of Dragoon... I Simply don`t know why Sony refuses to do anything with this game.saskayz
This is my #1 game I'd want to continue.
#45 Posted by Liquid_ (3046 posts) -
[QUOTE="saskayz"]Legend of Dragoon... I Simply don`t know why Sony refuses to do anything with this game.JCMac120
This is my #1 game I'd want to continue.

i agree this was a pretty cool game. but my fav is still legend of legaia and brave fencer musashi
#46 Posted by PetJel (3724 posts) -

Tenchu, but then a proper new game in the series. Level editor, multiple long storylines, emotional cutscenes, great ambient sounds that draw you in, interesting characters, open level design, the whole package.

#47 Posted by eo_the_shaman (1800 posts) -

freedom fighters

#48 Posted by Sokol4ever (6347 posts) -

I would love to see Legend of Dragoon revival. ;)

#49 Posted by ryangcnx-2 (1300 posts) -

Legend of Legaia from the PS1

I would absolutely love to see that on current hardware. I would even be happy with a remake of it. Legaia 2 was alright, but the first one was something special.

#50 Posted by risako9 (840 posts) -

Bloody Roar!