I was thinking of trading in my Xbox One and getting a PS4.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Killua_Zoldyck
Member since 2015 • 59 Posts

Hello,

I currently own a X1 and a Wii U. I was interested in a PS4 due to exclusives like The Last of Us, InFamous Second Son, and the upcoming Uncharted 4. I also love the DualShock 4, and the UI of the system.

Also, I loved my PS2 and PS3.

Do you guys think switching to the PS4 is a good choice for the long term/future?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-5cf3bfcedc29b
Member since 2014 • 776 Posts

PS4 will have more exclusive games by the end of the gen. Since it runs multiplats better, you might as well enjoy them with the best controller. So, yes....get a PS4 instead.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

If you were just thinking of doing it for the heck of it "because 1080p" I'd say no. Because I think the power difference has only modest real-world repercussions.

But given you are actually interested in its games, and enjoyed your prior experiences with PS, then I'd say yes. It's the nicest console I've owned, and I think it improves on the PS3 in basically every way except some odds-and-ends media playback stuff.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Killua_Zoldyck

@xantufrog: Sweet, thanks. The only thing that makes me hesitant about switching is the X1 exclusives, but the PS4 seems like a better machine for just gaming.

I just hope I don't regret the decision.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Both of them kinda suck on the grand scheme of things so it hardly matters which you have. They both are like a desert when it comes to games.

I would suggest just keeping what you have and save your money. You're going to regret it one day I would wager.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Killua_Zoldyck

@doozie78: How does the PS4 suck? It looks like a fantastic console.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@killua_zoldyck: because like the X1 it has no games right now, also, runs hot, it's loud, the battery life in the controller is laughable, and I'm not like a parrot repeating what others say, I have the console.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Killua_Zoldyck

@raugutcon No games? I've enjoyed what I've played on my X1. The games may be available on last gen systems or are remasters, but I still have enjoyed the console.

If the PS4 isn't worth it, then I'll save my money.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

@killua_zoldyck: I would wait til E3, see what both sides offer. Should be a good one. But heck if your a PS dude, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy it now or down the road.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Forget the people who say it's a bad console

Best reasons for the PS4: Best multiplats, only place for baseball, solid stable for first party

Best reason to stay with what you have: XB1 exclusives

Also factor in that because the PS4 is winning by such a large margin that most games will be made on it's hardware. Witcher 3? Made and reviewed (even the PC ones) on the PS4. Right now it also has close to a 100 game lead on the XB1, that's insane that there's that many more games on the PS4 compared to the XB1.

I'm fortunate enough to have everything but if I could only choose one I'd keep the PS4.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Killua_Zoldyck

@Jaysonguy: What games besides Second Son, First Light, and TLOU are worth buying? Those are the big games that I'm interested in.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

I'd save money and buy also a ps4.

Why? you're gonna lose money on the xbox you already have, and miss a bunch of xbox exclusives.

This is coming from a guy who plays ps4 regularly, and has a dusty xbox one.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

PS4 has more people playing it on every multiplat, which means it has a better community. They also have a HUGE lead in sales so it will probably lead them to have more and better exclusives.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@killua_zoldyck: Well, the PS4 currently has 100 more games (both indie and retail), has more upcoming games announced, and is more powerful which means better for multiplats.

PS+ is better the the competition (45 PS+ games vs. 15 games and way more discounts for PS+).

Listwars.com breaks it down.

I have both, but if I was stuck with one, you may as well get the one that gets the most games and is better for 3rd party games.

phoenix5352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 phoenix5352
Member since 2011 • 387 Posts

ps4 is the best console for now, it will be worth buying .

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts

i wouldn't recommend it just for exclusives, however ps4 is the "by hair" the more capable current generation console... on the other hand xbox exclusives are not bad either, if i were you i would hold on to my xbox and buy a ps4 when i had the finances, you'll have time to play them in future, and the performance difference is only negligible if you are not a graphics nazi... :D

edit @dhmatt90, we are both in the same situation, i use my xbo very rarely, i only played, fh2, titanfall - until it got too repetitive and sunset od... :)

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jaysonguy

@killua_zoldyck said:

@Jaysonguy: What games besides Second Son, First Light, and TLOU are worth buying? Those are the big games that I'm interested in.

MLB The Show
Rouge Legacy
This fall Disgaea 5
Full version of Destiny
Resogun

The thing is even when they do share games the vast majority of times the PS4 offers a better experience from graphics to gameplay

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Unless you really don't want both, I'd just wait and save up for the PS4 instead of selling the X1/games/etc and likely taking a loss(on what was paid for them).

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Don't sell your XB1, just wait for the price to drop on the PS4.

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Killua_Zoldyck

@MarcRecon: Right, but I doubt I'll have time for all three consoles.

Is selling a console really that stupid? Just asking. Only one I've traded in so far is the Wii.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Sell it if you're not gonna use it.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@MarcRecon said:

This, you're going to regret selling it especially with what Microsoft has coming, and it's not like these things are expensive anyways. Just wait a little while for a price drop on the PS4 during the holidays or a bundle that is worthwhile, it's not worth selling what you have over.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@nyadc said:
@MarcRecon said:

This, you're going to regret selling it especially with what Microsoft has coming, and it's not like these things are expensive anyways. Just wait a little while for a price drop on the PS4 during the holidays or a bundle that is worthwhile, it's not worth selling what you have over.

lol TC, don't listen to NyaDC because he's an Xbox fanboy.

I don't think you should sell your Xbox One because it's an excellent system but it's entirely up to you.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NyaDC

@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@MarcRecon said:

I don't think you should sell your Xbox One because it's an excellent system but it's entirely up to you.

"Don't listen to him because he's a fanboy, but I'm going to suggest the same thing as him in different words."

Idiot...

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 davem1992

@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@MarcRecon said:

"Don't listen to him because he's a fanboy, but I'm going to suggest the same thing as him in different words."

Idiot...

I'm not an Xbot though mate, that alone helps :)

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NyaDC

@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@MarcRecon said:

Idiot...

Neither am I, I just prefer my Xbox One (so far) this generation as it's currently got more overall uses for me, more on the horizon that appeals to me and is more substantially updated.

Like I've told you before, you need to make proper distinctions.

P.S. This isn't System Wars, stop trying to create problems here.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 davem1992

@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@MarcRecon said:

Idiot...

Neither am I, I just prefer my Xbox One (so far) this generation as it's currently got more overall uses for me, more on the horizon that appeals to me and is more substantially updated.

"Neither am I"

Funniest bullshit claim I've heard yet and yah, I'll leave it there since it isn't system was, see you there Xbot.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NyaDC

@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@MarcRecon said:

Idiot...

"Neither am I"

Funniest bullshit claim I've heard yet and yah, I'll leave it there since it isn't system was, see you there Xbot.

Quit causing problems here, as I said before this is not System Wars, you're going to get the axe, drop it dude, like completely.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@davem1992 said:
@nyadc said:
@MarcRecon said:

Idiot...

"Neither am I"

Quit causing problems here, as I said before this is not System Wars, you're going to get the axe, drop it dude, like completely.

he should sell the xb1 the ps4 has 99% of the same games as xb1 its pointless to have both and microsoft hasn't made any good exclusives this gen like they did for the 360 just ditch that PoS until microsoft owns up to the console and if they don't never buy it again

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By NyaDC

@ProtossX said:

he should sell the xb1 the ps4 has 99% of the same games as xb1 its pointless to have both and microsoft hasn't made any good exclusives this gen like they did for the 360 just ditch that PoS until microsoft owns up to the console and if they don't never buy it again

Yeah, because Microsoft doesn't have a bevy of releases coming this Fall and Holiday season or anything... You are a fakeboy trying to be a cow to the extreme....

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jaysonguy

@nyadc said:
@ProtossX said:

Yeah, because Microsoft doesn't have a bevy of releases coming this Fall and Holiday season or anything...

They really don't

An internal shift to the scale they're doing doesn't happen in a year, that's a good two or three year change of direction. They'll have some quality games no doubt but overall they're playing catch up to the PS4.

The PS4 already made it's mark this generation as the best console. Microsoft is doing the right thing and also going down that path, the problem is what is going to happen along the way to close that gap? They can't add more power, they can't take on new third party devs, their only answer will be first party games and because those need time we wont see a stable full of first party games from them until spring of 2016 at the earliest.

The poster already has the Xbox, all they're going to do is cut the price on the console or add more games when you buy a console, that doesn't help the topic creator at all.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:
@nyadc said:
@ProtossX said:

Yeah, because Microsoft doesn't have a bevy of releases coming this Fall and Holiday season or anything...

They really don't

An internal shift to the scale they're doing doesn't happen in a year, that's a good two or three year change of direction. They'll have some quality games no doubt but overall they're playing catch up to the PS4.

The PS4 already made it's mark this generation as the best console. Microsoft is doing the right thing and also going down that path, the problem is what is going to happen along the way to close that gap? They can't add more power, they can't take on new third party devs, their only answer will be first party games and because those need time we wont see a stable full of first party games from them until spring of 2016 at the earliest.

The poster already has the Xbox, all they're going to do is cut the price on the console or add more games when you buy a console, that doesn't help the topic creator at all.

my question is why the hell did they go from bungie / bioware / epic to a bunch of 3rd party games that are on pc/xb1

you don't go from 3 halos 3 gears of wars 3 mass effects into 1 dead rising thats on pc 1 fps thats on pc and like a remaster for your halo first 2 years

you just don't do this what the hell phil spencer was working there while they were slowing down first party in fact they almost killed off there entire first party lineup for this gen

we didn't see a new halo we didn't see a new gears

they were actually planning on winging it this gen whihc is pathetic while sony was making stuff like bloodborne an crap what a disgrace MSFT has been to gaming this gen its sick what they were trying to do no games at all literally zero halos for 2 years no gears an now oh okay will do that stuff since we did it last time ffs

Killua_Zoldyck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Killua_Zoldyck

Whoa, this thread really went downhill. Anyways, I can't sell the Xbox One. I forgot to mention that it was a gift, and I don't think it's right to sell something that was worked hard for.

The X1 does seem like an inferior PS4 though. I guess I just gotta make do with the console I chose. It's unlikely that I can get a PS4 anytime soon now, either. Sigh.

Bentleyma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bentleyma
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I went from Xbox One to PlayStation 4 and I don't regret it. I do miss some of the exclusives, but everyone I know owns a PlayStation 4. If I was you, I'd go with the console most of your friends have. In my experience both consoles are good.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#35 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@killua_zoldyck said:

@MarcRecon: Right, but I doubt I'll have time for all three consoles.

Is selling a console really that stupid? Just asking. Only one I've traded in so far is the Wii.

It's not stupid but he's gonna be losing money. Since he already has it, he might as well keep it! Both consoles are well worth it to balance out the time.