I was ready to buy PS4 but now all Gamestop has are bundles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts

How ridiculous. I had been looking online and there were tons of stores with PS4s in stock. I figured it would be absolutely no problem to buy a console. I check the site today and they're all gone. There's one place nearby in a shady neighborhood with low stock. The rest are in another state. Really?

So I called a store earlier today with some questions. I was informed that they didn't have any PS4's but all they had were bundles. I'm not sure what bundle he said. They only have 2 bundles on their website and that comes out in 2 days and then another in about 11 days. Go figure why they only have bundles now. How ridiculous.

Now it may be difficult to find one. I'm sure they're hiding them in the back or just put a sleeve over them, threw a game inside and called it a bundle. I know they're all holding onto them and just being stingy.

Why the heck would I want a Call of Duty bundle? I just want the system. Wow dude.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@Sonny360Elite:

Look elsewhere then. I bought mine at Best Buy a few weeks ago. I have seen them at Walmart and a game chain called Play & Trade as well. You can't always go by online stock or talking to associate over the phone because the stock isn't always accurate, places like Walmart only update their site once every 72 hours and a lot of time, store associates are told by their managers to just say they are out of stock.

And if you are in a store, don't just go by what's on the shelf. My Best Buy keeps their consoles in the back and wouldn't let me even touch the box until I paid for it.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

Welcome to buying a console the first year of release. They're hard to find. Get used to it. Bitching isn't going to get you a ps4. Why would they be hiding something in the back that they could be selling? That doesn't make any sense from a business standpoint.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sonny360Elite

Why would PS4 want to restrict the sale of their consoles to people who want Call of Duty also? That's what makes no sense.

Call of Duty must pay a ton of money to have Sony withhold consoles and only sell the bundles for a period of time. Maybe they pay Gamestop too,

I had one ordered but it was used so I decided to cancel. I have enough Gamestop credit to buy it so that's what I was going to do but now suddenly all the stores sold out even though they were all in-stock about a week ago. Amazing.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IMAHAPYHIPPO

@Sonny360Elite: Maybe you should have bought it a week ago, then. I'm just hearing a lot of whining. Stores aren't designed to keep everything until you want to buy it. They sell to who comes in with money. Apparently other people wanted them more than you.

Chalk it up to the loss and wait for more stock, this time don't make the mistake of waiting so long. These bastards are in demand. Learn your lesson, and move on.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

3 simple words...

Only in America.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

This is why i bought mine at launch. I havent been dissapointed at all and The games are fine. PS plus rocks and MGS and Infamous come out next week :)!

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#8 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Entitlement at it's finest. You do know that COD sells millions of units right? I would have been shocked if they didn't offer that bundle. As for the shop, why would they hold on to merchandise? Makes no sense. Why not order online? Since you found tons of consoles available.

RossRichard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RossRichard
Member since 2007 • 3738 Posts

You snooze, you lose. The early bird gets the worm. Should have gotten it when you had the chance.

But it's really not a big deal. It's not like they will stop selling PS4s anytime soon.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Just wait for Amazon. They come in stock pretty frequently.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sonny360Elite

@Namgis said:

Entitlement at it's finest. You do know that COD sells millions of units right? I would have been shocked if they didn't offer that bundle. As for the shop, why would they hold on to merchandise? Makes no sense. Why not order online? Since you found tons of consoles available.

It doesn't make sense. Unless if Gamestop and Activision (or whoever is making COD these days) have an agreement to only sell the COD bundles. They will stash away the regular consoles for a set period of time while they only offer this bundle for sale. COD spent a lot for this and they can do it with their enormous following. This is the only reason all the stores are now sold out.

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@Sonny360Elite: Maybe you should have bought it a week ago, then. I'm just hearing a lot of whining. Stores aren't designed to keep everything until you want to buy it. They sell to who comes in with money. Apparently other people wanted them more than you.

Chalk it up to the loss and wait for more stock, this time don't make the mistake of waiting so long. These bastards are in demand. Learn your lesson, and move on.

I don't believe that at all. If they had SO many stores in stock all across NJ, how do they suddenly all sell out? I'm not buying it. PS4 doesn't have consoles to supply them with? I'm not buying it.

See above. This is due to an exclusive deal COD has with Gamestop right now. Trying to force that game down every console owners throats.

I can really wait to buy it so it's not that big of a deal. I just know what they're doing and it's disgusting. I didn't have all the credit saved last week so I wasn't going to buy. Was planning on buying it now since I got my new TV and my 360 membership ran out. So now I was ready to buy and had the credit. Too bad COD bundle is releasing this week...I wish I would've known. So I'll just have to wait.

I had a Used "like new" PS4 console ordered from Amazon for $317 total. I was going to keep it but got worried about it and figured it'd be more worth it to spend up to $100 more for a new console from Gamestop.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO

@Sonny360Elite said:

@Namgis said:

It doesn't make sense. Unless if Gamestop and Activision (or whoever is making COD these days) have an agreement to only sell the COD bundles. They will stash away the regular consoles for a set period of time while they only offer this bundle for sale. COD spent a lot for this and they can do it with their enormous following. This is the only reason all the stores are now sold out.

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

I don't believe that at all. If they had SO many stores in stock all across NJ, how do they suddenly all sell out? I'm not buying it. PS4 doesn't have consoles to supply them with? I'm not buying it.

See above. This is due to an exclusive deal COD has with Gamestop right now. Trying to force that game down every console owners throats.

I can really wait to buy it so it's not that big of a deal. I just know what they're doing and it's disgusting. I didn't have all the credit saved last week so I wasn't going to buy. Was planning on buying it now since I got my new TV and my 360 membership ran out. So now I was ready to buy and had the credit. Too bad COD bundle is releasing this week...I wish I would've known. So I'll just have to wait.

I had a Used "like new" PS4 console ordered from Amazon for $317 total. I was going to keep it but got worried about it and figured it'd be more worth it to spend up to $100 more for a new console from Gamestop.

No. If you think the world is some big conspiracy out to get you, you're in for a rough go of it, and I feel bad for you. They have bundles, and they have stand alone consoles. You're right, not everyone wants Call of Duty "shoved down their throats," that's why they bought the standalone consoles before you did. Now, all they have left are the same bundles that were available when everyone had ps4's a week ago. People bought the standalone consoles. Now they're all gone, and I'm officially withdrawing myself from this thread.

I rarely surrender to my desire to throw out insults, as I try to adhere to more coherent and less childish behavior, but I just can't hold myself back anymore. If you truly think this is what's happening, you are a dumb person. It's absolutely outlandishly stupid to think that a company's pulling back consoles that people want to buy and repackaging them with Call of Duty. It's the ps4. Everybody effing wants one, dude. All those standalone consoles have been purchased by other people, and now they're enjoying them while you whine on the internet about how Gamestop "screwed you over."

I truly hope that you're a child because if you're an adult with this mindset, your life is going to suck, and you're going to be miserable. Seriously, like everybody on this thread is saying -- Get the f*** over it. Seriously. Just get over it. Learn your lesson and buy it earlier next time. Gamestop had consoles, and everybody else who wanted them already bought the one you wanted.

Since I don't enjoy people being unhappy, I'll try and give you a bit of advice, since I used to work at Gamestop before I graduated college and got a big boy job. Go talk to the managers there. They know where they're getting more. They're not supposed to tell people, but if you treat them nicely most of them will tell you. I'm being completely, 100% honest about this. The only time a Gamestop manager gives you the "we'll get them in soon. We don't know" spiel is when you're a douche. Don't be a douche, and they'll most likely tell you when they're getting more.

Seeing how you're reacting to all of this, I doubt you'll actually give that a legitimate shot, and I'm assuming you've probably already royally pissed the people at Gamestop off with your attitude, but again, I don't enjoy people being unhappy, so I'm trying to help you. This is a life lesson, dude, if you're nice and pleasant to deal with, people will help you. Sometimes things just happen. And you don't get everything you want. The sooner you accept that, the better off you'll be.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I was going to tell you to go to amazon.com, but I just noticed the PS4 sold out again.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

Because last gen, COD and a small number of titles created the huge lead x360 had. Why not just shop somewhere else? Check if their at Walmart in your area. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Playstation-4-Console-PS4/28802344

@Sonny360Elite said:

Why would PS4 want to restrict the sale of their consoles to people who want Call of Duty also? That's what makes no sense.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@Sonny360Elite said:

There's one place nearby in a shady neighborhood with low stock. The rest are in another state. Really?

Who gives a flying f*** if it's a shady looking neighbourhood? If they have some available go buy one dude. Don't tell me gamers are so picky nowadays they only buy from certain "high-end" looking stores.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

Buy the CoD bundle. Sell CoD on eBay or give it to a friend. Problem solved.

@BattleSpectre said:

@Sonny360Elite said:

There's one place nearby in a shady neighborhood with low stock. The rest are in another state. Really?

Who gives a flying f*** if it's a shady looking neighbourhood? If they have some available go buy one dude. Don't tell me gamers are so picky nowadays they only buy from certain "high-end" looking stores.

Maybe there is a lot of tree coverage in that neighborhood, and he has a vitamin D deficiency. :P

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sonny360Elite
@BattleSpectre said:

@Sonny360Elite said:

I don't really care about that. It's not even that shady it's fairly nice. It's my neighborhood basically. Probably the closest Gamestop to me. But I don't know what kind of knuckleheads are working there. I like to drive to higher-income area where there aren't as many thieves. I just trust the store and the employees more. I know they're responsible and sell a lot of units.

That Gamestop ended up going out of stock though. There are some stores fairly nearby that have the all in Low Stock. I never have been to those Gamestops though. I wish the one I usually go to would get them in again but I haven't seen it in stock.

I might just go somewhere tomorrow.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts
@Sonny360Elite said:
@BattleSpectre said:

@Sonny360Elite said:

I don't really care about that. It's not even that shady it's fairly nice. It's my neighborhood basically. Probably the closest Gamestop to me. But I don't know what kind of knuckleheads are working there. I like to drive to higher-income area where there aren't as many thieves. I just trust the store and the employees more. I know they're responsible and sell a lot of units.

That Gamestop ended up going out of stock though. There are some stores fairly nearby that have the all in Low Stock. I never have been to those Gamestops though. I wish the one I usually go to would get them in again but I haven't seen it in stock.

I might just go somewhere tomorrow.

I'm just saying, you would rather miss out on a PS4, only because the area the store is located at isn't a higher-income area? Those employees get payed to work, most of them have family's to feed and a mortgage to pay off (not to mention the bills). What? you really think they might open your box and take out the PS4's hard drive just because the area is shady looking? Come-on man. They can't rip you off on price either because Sony has set the pricing world-wide.

At the end of the day it's completely your choice, all I'm saying is that it's the first time I've ever heard of someone not buying a product they want, at a store, because it's not located at a higher-income area. I mean, if you were to be greeted at the front door with two dodgy looking men, dressed in long jackets and guns tucked into their pants fair enough, but don't you think you're overthinking this a little? I know if I wanted something I'd jump at the first opportunity to get it, especially if it was located nearby me. Best of luck with your decision anyway.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#21 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Buy it from Amazon or something. They always have PS4's that aren't bundles

yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts

talk to the manager if buying from a physical store, tell he/she that you'd buy it if they'll swap out the game for one you'd prefer. If they are reasonable they'll do it.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sonny360Elite

@yixingtpot said:

talk to the manager if buying from a physical store, tell he/she that you'd buy it if they'll swap out the game for one you'd prefer. If they are reasonable they'll do it.

Good advice. I was wrong to say they were holding back the consoles. Just really surprises me they're going to have bundles in their store but not the system itself. The manager of those stores must be idiots....or they just make a lot more money on the bundles which is probably the case. So I was whining about that mostly.

I wish that one store still had it even. The closest place now is an area I like even less.

Maybe I'll go tomorrow to get it. I already have the credit to Gamestop so I'm going to buy from them no matter what. If I have to wait for stock then I will.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Sonny360Elite

I didn't go today but tomorrow I may have to go. It really stinks that the stores I like to go to haven't gotten them in at all.

Another store I've never been to showed low stock for the first time but by the end of the day they were taken off the list to show they have no stock. May just have to go to this store which is really pretty close to where I live but it's a shady area. I'll go anywhere so it's not an issue to me and as long as I don't have to walk far with a PS4 in my hand then I know I'll be alright. I'm sure the managers and employees handle their stuff there.

Hopefully other stores have them by the morning.

pearlboy601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 pearlboy601
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts

The sense of entitlement that the TC has is amazing.

aka_the_seeker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aka_the_seeker
Member since 2013 • 26 Posts

I bought another PS4 from Amazon last week (showed up yesterday). Just checked again and it shows basic consoles available. Even the local Walmart had a couple of them in stock last week.

1alvin23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 1alvin23
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Buy on amazon. Here's the link..

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&Operation=GetAdHtml&ID=OneJS&OneJS=1&source=ss&ref=ss_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=mydigitalon0e-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B00BGA9WK2&asins=B00BGA9WK2&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true&MarketPlace=US">

</iframe>

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sonny360Elite

I got my PS4 today!

I woke up pretty early and checked what stores had stock. Nothing had changed really. Closest one was about 6.5 miles away still. I thought about going but thought I needed more rest so went back to bed for a while. Woke up and checked. To my delight one store had them in stock which is the first store I said was in a shady area. The area is not really shady at all but it is Newark, NJ. What I don't like is it's in the city basically and there's no parking lot. I'd rather stay in the 'burbs. Luckily. there was a store that I had been too before, in a very safe area with a nice parking lot. They finally had stocks. And unlike the stores that said low stock, this one said In Stock. It wasn't much further than Newark but it was the opposite way. That way I didn't have to deal with city lights and city traffic. It was so easy and I got in and out of there. Was there and back so quick.

I didn't like the boxes edges were banged up but whatever. Everything works fine and was new. I need to buy some games now though.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

@Sonny360Elite: Congrats! Just in time for Infamous.

Lhomity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31  Edited By Lhomity
Member since 2011 • 508 Posts

@Sonny360Elite: Enjoy your PS4. Welcome to the club!

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#32 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

Amazon.com is where I got two of mine.

freakinFreddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 freakinFreddy
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

Got mine from amazon and it was at my house a few days later, gotta love amazon ;)

billy503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 billy503
Member since 2003 • 26 Posts

why not try buying one from Amazon. last i saw today the had ps4 stock

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points