I wanna get a PSP, but is it worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DragothD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DragothD
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I've been thinking about trading in my DS Lite so that I can get some money to buy a PSP 3000, but is it worth it? I know I will still have to put in some extra money after the trade in so I just want to know If it is a good idea.
bustword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bustword
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts

Do you know the games you want to get, if you do than go ahead.

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

I have both and love both. I was on a PSP kick and then got China Town Wars for DS and it is amazing. Save up some money and get the PSP and keep the DS. Unless of course there are more games you want for PSP and you could live without for the DS. Great games on both handhelds. Don't do anything you will regret. Especially if you want the new Pokemon or new Mario and Luigi RPG. By the way, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 RULES!!!!

Inter-PSP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Inter-PSP
Totally get a psp.It is worth it, you can go online just like a computer,add photos, put music and much more such as downloading free game demos. You can even get your psp custom firmware to play downloaded games for free. Trade your DS for a PSP.
Kajiuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kajiuro
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts

I think it depends on what you're looking for.
If you're looking for a media-heavy handheld with movies, music, photos, some alright games, as well as the option to download your own firmware, I'd say get the PSP. Or, if you're looking for innovative games that can easily keep you occupied for long periods of time with a variety of fun and original games, I'd say go for the DS.

Stowik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#7 Stowik
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

It's a tough call. I understand the appeal of a PSP; they are great looking HOWEVER

I would say "no" because of one reason: it uses optical technology, which takes longer to load, than the solid state tech of the DS.

This may seem small, but based on my own PSP I don't play it for this one reason. It takes a long time to load.

Sony made the best portable gaming system I have seen, however, it seems based on a vision of people watching movies and listening to music...almost too broad of a vision of what a handheld should be, whereas Nintendo stuck to the niche (wisely) by keeping it simple.

blooddog28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#8 blooddog28
Member since 2008 • 2049 Posts
No. No. No. No. Don't waste your money. No. If you do, I'll laugh IRL.ElementDJC
It was worth every penny I gave for it... I now have 33 games.
envybianchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 envybianchi
Member since 2004 • 1155 Posts

If you have a PS3, having a PSP will be a match made in heaven.

DeafNYCPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 DeafNYCPlayer
Member since 2004 • 2314 Posts
You want PSP, then you should get it. Go for it!!!
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

If you don't own a home console then I'd invest in a 360 instead which is roughly the same price. Don't get me wrong, PSP's are awesome, I own two (don't ask!) but IMO there's better quality games available on the 360. If you must get a PSP, I'd do what an earlier post said and keep your DS too. Both the PSP and DS possess their must have titles.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="ElementDJC"]No. No. No. No. Don't waste your money. No. If you do, I'll laugh IRL.blooddog28
It was worth every penny I gave for it... I now have 33 games.

The PSP was a bang for my buck too.

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
worth every penny
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts
It depends really. What kind of games do you like? I think you should honestly evaluate what games you like and see which system meets your needs. For me, yes, the PSP is worth it. I was a huge DS fan but now I'm liking my PSP more. But don't take that as a statement. It's because I've played through all my favorite DS games and just grew out of it and the PSP is providing a different and more mature experience. When it comes to the next-gen console experience on the handheld, the PSP is the way to go. Also, the graphics are beautiful. Usually I'm always a gameplay > graphics type of guy but the PSP's graphics really do go a long way. Resistance Retribution and Prinny are not just fun games but they're beautiful to look at. As far as gameplay goes, some say DS offers more, and I agree, it does to some extent. My favorite series of all-time is the Phoenix Wright games and New Super Mario Bros. is one of my favorite handheld games of all-time. But the PSP is just as good. You just have to judge for yourself. We can't do it for you.
Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

It comes down to what you want but 1 word of advice.

DO NOT give up your DS to get a PSP, I did that years ago and ended up buying a DS again because of the Library I wanted to play.

They are both great handhelds and youll regret loosing your DS. maybe not at first cause youll be hooked on the PSP but after a month or 2 you WILL find yourself saying "Why did I trade my DS away!?"

Save up the cash to buy the PSP on its own.

DragothD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DragothD
Thanks for all the feedback guys, it is really helping me on my decision. I think I might save my money and buy a PSP because it seems that it would be worth it.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
If the games interest you buy one, but don't trade in your DS.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#18 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

YES, IT WORTH, there's a lot of great games coming to psp. You should buy psp now.

Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
If you really want it then get it, I would say so, DS is pretty low.
pataponplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 pataponplayer
Member since 2009 • 1410 Posts
If you buy one, I suggest games like Patapon, Resistance Retribution and Burnout legends. (Or, if you want, LocoRoco.) Plus there are more AWESOME games coming like Assasin's Creed, LBP, Rock Band and Motor Storm: Arctic's edge.
mariothapimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mariothapimp
Member since 2009 • 85 Posts
i just got mine and i dont regret not gettin it cuz itz alwayz with me 24/7. love it!!!
geedotherodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

#22 geedotherodian
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

kepp the DS its not worth selling besides there making new games but you also should get a PSP, stick to the bundles though, not having at least a 1gb memory stick really sucks.