I understand 30% of a pirates mentality.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

abodaghee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 abodaghee
Member since 2005 • 207 Posts

First and Foremost, I have a PSP but I do NOT pirate software.

IT IS ILLEGAL and MORALLY WRONG to take what people have spent their lives working for.

But I wish to address a concern I have over the PSP that many users know about and what a few pirates I've asked have always complained about.

PS1 Games. Or lack of PS1 Games.

I own about 7 games on the PSP that I actually play and wanted at the time. That's it! Same for my DS.

Granted, I can't wait for the NEW PSP wave of games (LBP,GT,Invisimals,etc.) to come out but this is taking FOREVER!

I blame Sony's inability to come out with good PS1 classics as a major culprit to the rampant PSP piracy dilemma.

Most Pirates I talk to seem to rip their own copies of PS1 games onto the PSP to play because they aren't on the store and I ask the million dollar question...

WHY the F NOT?!?!?

It is now Mid 2009, and there should be at least 50% of the ENTIRE PS1 catelog on PSN. As of today, there are ONLY 51 titles (mostly shovelware) on PSN. BUT what happens when they put GOOD PS1 games up???

well..... FFVII, Metal Gear 1, Street Fighter Alphas, and Crash Bandicoots are the TOP PSN titles! WOW! who would have thought right? well, no! it's obvious. the price is right, the games are great and I can easily play them on my psp FASTER and with less batter drain and also on my ps3.

Sony needs to get this right and make all PS1 downloadable NOW! Not 2 years from now, TODAY! Put a huge dent in piracy and make fans happy!

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Pirates can get the top ps1 games on the store and more for free.

They can get psp games for free.

People can hardly stop them.

That's all there is to it.

jjmorris81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jjmorris81
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Yah people will always pirate what they can. Thanks to p2p sites its even more rampant. I agree with you I started a japanese psn account just to get more ps1 classics hopefully sony sees this and opens the market to us!

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

The funny thing is that the pirates are so advanced that when you try to update a hacked PSP it actually downloads newer hacked firmware just like you would normally get it off sony.

SagaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SagaRain
Member since 2009 • 602 Posts

Talking about how people pirate games makes me sad :( I'll never do that, I find joy from buying my games, no matter how bad sony is with the market.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

The funny thing is that the pirates are so advanced that when you try to update a hacked PSP it actually downloads newer hacked firmware just like you would normally get it off sony.

zaku101
Just couple of months ago, people were saying psp 3000 was unhackable. These hackers are smarter than the system designers who make them! lol
pooyanh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 pooyanh
Member since 2005 • 937 Posts
Ripping a game you've already paid for, is not piracy in my opinion but downloading new releases for free is another story.
abodaghee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 abodaghee
Member since 2005 • 207 Posts
Me Neither, but for some reason, it IS considered piracy. I speak mainly to this demographic of Pirates (about 1/3) who wanted their collection of games on the PSP but can't because Sony is too slow to deliver the goods. I feel for them and I understand that Demographic of Pirates. Which is why Sony needs to step up its game and release these older PS1 games. People have been wanting Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Tomba! on the NA/PAL PSN for some time now!
Wings_008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 173

#9 Wings_008
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
pirates do this, because games in thier view are too expensive, in my area you can go to the same store you bought you PSP from and install the whatever to your psp for 10$ wheni i asked do you have any PSP games he would tell me there's some in the shelf but why bother, this is their stupid mentality
gho5ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 gho5ty
Member since 2006 • 363 Posts

sony has ben slow with almost all of the psp in term of games. they care more about the money then people,back when games where slow comeing out they should of had ps1 games on the psn.Now with the up comeing psp-go new games and now sony tells the devs to make apps for it