I think Gamespot will rate uncharted AA

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peacenutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 peacenutman
Member since 2004 • 1772 Posts

Well it's not big muscular guy saving the world type shooter, and it has no MP, no gore nor fancy gimmick like other X360 AAA, Iafraid GS will give it a 7.5-8.5 IMO:(. I bet GS will say something like short, or other unimportant crap to deduct points.

I think Haze is the last choice, since it has a fancy gunfight mechanics and MP similar to X360 AAA.

I'm not bashing Uncharted becase I WILL BUY that game when it comes out, I'm just feel uneasy because GS keep flopping PS3 games. Does anyone else has the same feeling?

cero10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 cero10
Member since 2005 • 887 Posts
Yeah i agree with you, especially with no multiplayer, that is the only thing gamespot likes about games. Look at motorstorm as an example. But i think Uncharted will get aroun 8.5 to 9.5 because it has a lot more than just walk around and kill people.
immikeulate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 immikeulate
Member since 2004 • 350 Posts
Your preaching to the chior man.
heretic92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 heretic92
Member since 2003 • 302 Posts

mmm i dunno i think the game looks alright but not really a must have for me. maybe after the demo comes out ill see if its ne good but atm i think it will be given a 7.5-8.5 because thats what it deserves. but then again i like shooters but yeah i think u might be right about gamespot scoring ps3 lower but we will see with haze.

Hevid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Hevid
Member since 2003 • 52 Posts
Well i have to fully agree with this topic. seems GS is indeed giving PS3 games a low score. for excample R&C. But only time wil tell. and yes MP seems to be a hot issue these days. so i think GS will give it a 8.5
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

here come the fanboy conspiracies again. :lol:

chilly222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 chilly222
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
should get at least a 9.0 this game looks so good, if gamespot gives it an average score like 7.5 8.5 i will still buy it,i lost faith in the gamespot score system for the ps3 a long time ago and kinda dont beleave what they.
mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts
I could care less what score it gets, the game looks awesome. I was watching some vids over at IGN, and wow, they paid a lot of attention to detail. The foliage moves with the intensity of the wind etc.... This game impresses me more every day.
stefanlek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stefanlek
Member since 2007 • 802 Posts
i predict a 9 for this one...gamespot must think its about time for a Ps3 AAA :P
Deviltrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Deviltrigger
Member since 2003 • 343 Posts
8~8.9 from gs to uncharted
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
was i the only one that didn't get the PS3 edition with the included crystal ball or something? i want to look into the future. and as long as you like the game, what does it matter what score it gets? at this point, it could get a 9.5 and someone in this forum will still moan and complain about gamespots supposed bias.
CharmedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CharmedGamer
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
Screw gamespot. If I listened to them I would have never bought Lair and I would have never discovered that the controls work fine as long as you arent jumping all over the room spazing out. I certainly plan on getting uncharted. At least after I see what it is like when the demo drops todayl
acid_android

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 acid_android
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
was i the only one that didn't get the PS3 edition with the included crystal ball or something? i want to look into the future. and as long as you like the game, what does it matter what score it gets? at this point, it could get a 9.5 and someone in this forum will still moan and complain about gamespots supposed bias.tgschmidt
HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts

7.5 im thinking from GS...

"The graphics, animations, story and Gears of War-esk cover systemwas so impressive ...that we peed our pants a little. Thus we reward Uncharted withthe "soilage" emblem, but mark it down because we didn'tenjoy the smell of our office afterwards"

DontTazeMeBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DontTazeMeBro1
Member since 2007 • 582 Posts

c0mplex

What conspiracies? You honestly think that GS PS3 reviews are fair when compared to 360 reviews? Hopefully I just misread your post, because thats an uneducated thing to say.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

blah, blah, blah, cry, cry, cry, complain, complain,peacenutman

If it's good enough and the disc value is good enough, it will get AAA.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

C0mplex is right when it comes to fanboys.

Sadly no mater where we go (I doubt any Internet forum is different) they are always there. It's sad to see so many people arguing over video games which is so darn insignificant when you even remotely compare it to real life issue - like a illness of someone close to you.

The simply enjoyment to pick up a game and have fun seems to be forgotten by todays generation of gamers.

Without even realizing it, all of them just became target for media and developers profit.

insidious13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 insidious13
Member since 2006 • 295 Posts
[QUOTE="c0mplex"]

DontTazeMeBro1

What conspiracies? You honestly think that GS PS3 reviews are fair when compared to 360 reviews? Hopefully I just misread your post, because thats an uneducated thing to say.

Maybe 360 games are simply better....... ever think of that

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

i love the way this game is looking and all but how about we wait until we play the game before we say AAA because that has fanboyism written all over it. Play then make your own judgement and you should careless about what a website has to say about a game. If i made a gaming website and said Gears of war = 1 halo 3 = 1 R&C=2 and Mario = 10 and has best graphics available would you seriously take it up the a$$or ignore it. Just make your own opinion. BTW i love all the games i mentioned except gears = over rated.

edit: btw if mgs4 gets a 9.5 you sony fanboys will probably say its underrated. I love mgs probably more then anyone but this console war and fanboyism needs to stop seriously.

v8nnwilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 v8nnwilder
Member since 2007 • 122 Posts

Well i will get Uncharted no matter what the rating is on GS... I've noticed that they do rate PS3 games alot lower than Xbox games but I guess it's because they "like" the Xbox more than the PS3 and I think that is obvious. And also they seem to only really like FPS with online multiplayer capabilities. And I guess if that is what floats their boat then let it be?

Have a look at COD4=9+ rating from them.

Haze they might rate a 9...

Uncharted?????= Who cares.

maaskesr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 maaskesr
Member since 2004 • 163 Posts
I highly doubt Uncharted gets AAA from this site. I don't know if it's bias or not, but I'll be shocked when a PS3 exclusive gets a 9 on this site.
heaven_in_hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 heaven_in_hell
Member since 2007 • 312 Posts
You are definitely not alone
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts
sounds about right, 9.3 from ign 8.5 from GS, 9.2 from gametrailers.
DontTazeMeBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DontTazeMeBro1
Member since 2007 • 582 Posts
[QUOTE="DontTazeMeBro1"][QUOTE="c0mplex"]

insidious13

Not from what I have played on the 360. Go back and look at Rachet, Lair, GRAW, and even Warhawk. Amazing games (well, Lair was just good) that all got crap scores. Everyone knows this. Uncharted will be the same.

The 360 has some awesone games that I truly enjoy, but come on! I think your being blinded by a red light (or something else, if you catch my drift).

Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts
It will get pretty good score on other sites but on Gamespot it will get 7.5........so get ready for it fellas!
DirtySkidMarcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DirtySkidMarcs
Member since 2007 • 338 Posts
I tend to agree that Gamespot is biased especially the ratings of Ratchet and Clank, but they were right about Lair.I tried to like Lair. The graphics, story and concept were top notch, but the controls were the absolute worst. To me Lair was unplayable due to the crappy Sixaxis controllers and Gamespot like a broken clock was for once right. Now I wonder what the other thing they will get right maybe Uncharted?
Silent_Bob32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Silent_Bob32
Member since 2004 • 643 Posts
[QUOTE="insidious13"]

DontTazeMeBro1

Not from what I have played on the 360. Go back and look at Rachet, Lair, GRAW, and even Warhawk. Amazing games (well, Lair was just good) that all got crap scores. Everyone knows this. Uncharted will be the same.

The 360 has some awesone games that I truly enjoy, but come on! I think your being blinded by a red light (or something else, if you catch my drift).

Welcome to the wonderful world of subjective opinons.

game_masta14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 game_masta14
Member since 2005 • 3251 Posts
I bet GS will give this a 6.5 just because "The animations were so real that it was unplayable" or "Naughty Dog was teh identity crisis" or "There are too many gameplay mechanics". Now I go by IGN or GT's reviews since they make the most sense around here.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Always-Honest

these reactions are kinda sad people. keep your chin up. there will be great games for PS3. there allready are great games.

Heavenly Sword is an AAA game and so is Motorstorm. The disc value is just too low to give the games AAA.

Don't act like it's a conspiracy. That's silly. Take it like a man and play the games you like. i do.

Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Devils_Joker_22

these reactions are kinda sad people. keep your chin up. there will be great games for PS3. there allready are great games.

Heavenly Sword is an AAA game and so is Motorstorm. The disc value is just too low to give the games AAA.

Don't act like it's a conspiracy. That's silly. Take it like a man and play the games you like. i do.

Always-Honest

The thing in your display pic annoys the hell outta me in LoZ:TP. 'How do i get up here...Lets ask my helper' *Calls it out*
'I LIKE TWIGHLIGHT!.....*Goes away again*

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

Devils_Joker_22

The thing in your display pic annoys the hell outta me in LoZ:TP. 'How do i get up here...Lets ask my helper' *Calls it out*

Midna is great. the twilight is great to. But what is the thing i your avatar????

amapi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 amapi
Member since 2005 • 2404 Posts

I could care less what score it gets, the game looks awesome. I was watching some vids over at IGN, and wow, they paid a lot of attention to detail. The foliage moves with the intensity of the wind etc.... This game impresses me more every day.mazdero

Agree with you 100%.

Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Devils_Joker_22
[QUOTE="Devils_Joker_22"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

Always-Honest

Midna is great. the twilight is great to. But what is the thing i your avatar????

Yea the game itself is ok, just that character, im not too far though so it might redeem itself. In my DP is just a face i drew.

Illmaticnyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Illmaticnyj
Member since 2005 • 1280 Posts
the gama should get a 8.5. Maybe not from gamespot but from other websites.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Always-Honest

the gama should get a 8.5. Maybe not from gamespot but from other websites.Illmaticnyj

why, did you play it?.. WHO KNOWS WHAT SCORE IT DESERVES??>!?!?!??!

MONTANNA632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MONTANNA632
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

they wiil give it a 7.0 for having better graphics than halo....

MONTANNA632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MONTANNA632
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

they wiil give it a 7.0 for having better graphics than halo....

then they will give a low score for mgs4 for the story being too complicated

the reviewers on gamespot are xbots

Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Coolboy420x
Member since 2004 • 2235 Posts

7.5 im thinking from GS...

"The graphics, animations, story and Gears of War-esk cover systemwas so impressive ...that we peed our pants a little. Thus we reward Uncharted withthe "soilage" emblem, but mark it down because we didn'tenjoy the smell of our office afterwards"

HellsAngel2c

You must work for GS lols... if not you should atleast apply - with that kinda review, you can be their CEO.

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts

people actually think gamespot is bias? lol

All of there reviews have been on average or even a little higher with other gaming websites, except R&C, oh there not big on one game so that makes them bias?? lol

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#44 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

Enough of the bias talk...Seriously. Xbox fans said the exact same thing about a GS PS2 bias last-gen...It's tired.