I propose a TRUCE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ghaleon0721
Member since 2003 • 338 Posts
After yesterday's nonsense I went home to think about the discussion, the systems, the games, and the events. And I have to admit, though it pains me so much, that the Xbox 360 is a pretty good system. I mean, look at what Microsoft has done. MS has released a system, 1 year early, SUCCESSFULLY. At first it looked like another Dreamcast-like debocle. But they've managed to gather developer and consumer support for the system to the tune of 10 million units worldwide. While that in itself is not an earth-shattering achievement, it is still pretty amazing when you consider that they accomplished this while in Sony's juggernaut shadow. So I say, good for you Microsoft, may the best system win. Competition is a good thing. It's the lifeblood of America. Competition breeds innovation and that means nothing but good things for me, the consumer. What's wrong with a 3rd party games coming out on both systems? Nothing. It only forces Sony and MIcrosoft to come up with more 1st party stuff, or provide innovative hardware in order to gain an advantage. I'm not about to go buy a 360 just yet. I think I'll stick with my free online play, blu-ray player, and sixaxis controller for now. Ooops, I almost violated my own truce there. As long as there is nothing cowardly or underhanded going on like Sony or MS paying for exclusives or worse...buying a 3rd party developer in order to secure an exclusive I'm happy to coexist with the Xbots of the world.
donmohsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 donmohsin
Member since 2003 • 1083 Posts
Competition is good but the thing is Micro$oft doesnt like competition.
ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ghaleon0721
No company likes competition. The only people who really benefit are us...the consumers.
Hotwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hotwad
Member since 2006 • 1146 Posts
with the immature people around these parts i think world peace would coem alot sooner.
RELover00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#5 RELover00
Member since 2006 • 2777 Posts
I seriously hope that the PS3 doesn't die so quickly and my friggid $700 on it are gone. I'd be kind of pissed.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Competition is good but the thing is Micro$oft doesnt like competition.donmohsin
And Sony does?
ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ghaleon0721
I seriously hope that the PS3 doesn't die so quickly and my friggid $700 on it are gone. I'd be kind of pissed. RELover00
Don't worry about it bud. When you see about a dozen or so PS3 exclusives and/or multi-platform games become XBOX exclusives, then you can start panicking. You got a great system that Sony has committed to supporting for the next 10 years. That is why it costs so much. It's a longer term gaming investment.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
[QUOTE="RELover00"]I seriously hope that the PS3 doesn't die so quickly and my friggid $700 on it are gone. I'd be kind of pissed. ghaleon0721
Don't worry about it bud. When you see about a dozen or so PS3 exclusives and/or multi-platform games become XBOX exclusives, then you can start panicking. You got a great system that Sony has committed to supporting for the next 10 years. That is why it costs so much. It's a longer term gaming investment.

That's not really why it costs so much. But that doesn't matter. Sony's not going to let it die.
RELover00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#9 RELover00
Member since 2006 • 2777 Posts
[QUOTE="RELover00"]I seriously hope that the PS3 doesn't die so quickly and my friggid $700 on it are gone. I'd be kind of pissed. ghaleon0721

Cool! I didn't know that O_O. :D
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
[QUOTE="donmohsin"]Competition is good but the thing is Micro$oft doesnt like competition.feryl06
And Sony does?

did sony take over the electronics department. with only sony products like micro in windows. no
marceles45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 marceles45
Member since 2003 • 33 Posts
Eh...the 360 was nothing before Gears of War came out.  They had Oblivion, which was coo...but everyone was complaining the same way people are complaining about PS3 now.  I just say bring on the competition when it comes down to it...
blitzinger123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blitzinger123
Member since 2005 • 2370 Posts
[QUOTE="ghaleon0721"]After yesterday's nonsense I went home to think about the discussion, the systems, the games, and the events. And I have to admit, though it pains me so much, that the Xbox 360 is a pretty good system. I mean, look at what Microsoft has done. MS has released a system, 1 year early, SUCCESSFULLY. At first it looked like another Dreamcast-like debocle. But they've managed to gather developer and consumer support for the system to the tune of 10 million units worldwide. While that in itself is not an earth-shattering achievement, it is still pretty amazing when you consider that they accomplished this while in Sony's juggernaut shadow. So I say, good for you Microsoft, may the best system win. Competition is a good thing. It's the lifeblood of America. Competition breeds innovation and that means nothing but good things for me, the consumer. What's wrong with a 3rd party games coming out on both systems? Nothing. It only forces Sony and MIcrosoft to come up with more 1st party stuff, or provide innovative hardware in order to gain an advantage. I'm not about to go buy a 360 just yet. I think I'll stick with my free online play, blu-ray player, and sixaxis controller for now. Ooops, I almost violated my own truce there. As long as there is nothing cowardly or underhanded going on like Sony or MS paying for exclusives or worse...buying a 3rd party developer in order to secure an exclusive I'm happy to coexist with the Xbots of the world.

Sega was a stand-alone game company which is why they lacked the funds to support a consumer and developer base for the dreamcast. MS is a multi billion dollar giant. They will throw as much money as needed into any of their products and make sure they stay in competition at any cost. So to come into a PS3 forum and wave a "truce" and then talk about how great the 360 is really a waste of time. People here either already have a 360 and also chose to buy a PS3, or they decided they wanted a PS3. Maybe in your head you have a war going on but here, we post about a solid system with a solid reputation with solid features that will soon get solid games. We dont need a "truce" because most of us could careless. No truce or "top 10 improvements" or false media about our system is going to make us sell it or show appreciation for a system we dont have. If we wanted to listen about how good a 360 is, we'd go into a 360 forum.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
While that in itself is not an earth-shattering achievement, it is still pretty amazing when you consider that they accomplished this while in Sony's juggernaut shadow.ghaleon0721
I think this is the only line I disagree with in your post. That and when you said they released a system one year early. With the 360 able to boast about being the only nex-gen console, it was in no one's shadow and I think this helped persuade some gamers who wanted to the top of the line all of last year. Maybe I missed something but when I read that they released 1 year early I immediately think that you are saying compared to when PS3 came out, which would aid in success. IMO.
snyper1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 snyper1982
Member since 2004 • 3407 Posts
[QUOTE="ghaleon0721"]After yesterday's nonsense I went home to think about the discussion, the systems, the games, and the events. And I have to admit, though it pains me so much, that the Xbox 360 is a pretty good system. I mean, look at what Microsoft has done. MS has released a system, 1 year early, SUCCESSFULLY. At first it looked like another Dreamcast-like debocle. But they've managed to gather developer and consumer support for the system to the tune of 10 million units worldwide. While that in itself is not an earth-shattering achievement, it is still pretty amazing when you consider that they accomplished this while in Sony's juggernaut shadow. So I say, good for you Microsoft, may the best system win. Competition is a good thing. It's the lifeblood of America. Competition breeds innovation and that means nothing but good things for me, the consumer. What's wrong with a 3rd party games coming out on both systems? Nothing. It only forces Sony and MIcrosoft to come up with more 1st party stuff, or provide innovative hardware in order to gain an advantage. I'm not about to go buy a 360 just yet. I think I'll stick with my free online play, blu-ray player, and sixaxis controller for now. Ooops, I almost violated my own truce there. As long as there is nothing cowardly or underhanded going on like Sony or MS paying for exclusives or worse...buying a 3rd party developer in order to secure an exclusive I'm happy to coexist with the Xbots of the world.

I don't see the issue with buying an exclusive....
[QUOTE="feryl06"][QUOTE="donmohsin"]Competition is good but the thing is Micro$oft doesnt like competition.GARRYTH
And Sony does?

did sony take over the electronics department. with only sony products like micro in windows. no

If they could, they would....
Col_Swamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Col_Swamp
Member since 2006 • 937 Posts
maybe it's just me, but im getting kinda sick of all the dribble about "lost exclusives" "ps3 is better" "xbox is better" yadda yadda yadda. why can't people just play games!
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts
well said even though we all know who we want to win right?.. right ? ;)
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#18 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

You speak the truth. It may be a slow start, but what system has a fast paced start? They all start out slow, so lets give it sometime to grow.
Hotwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hotwad
Member since 2006 • 1146 Posts

[QUOTE="ghaleon0721"]After yesterday's nonsense I went home to think about the discussion, the systems, the games, and the events. And I have to admit, though it pains me so much, that the Xbox 360 is a pretty good system. I mean, look at what Microsoft has done. MS has released a system, 1 year early, SUCCESSFULLY. At first it looked like another Dreamcast-like debocle. But they've managed to gather developer and consumer support for the system to the tune of 10 million units worldwide. While that in itself is not an earth-shattering achievement, it is still pretty amazing when you consider that they accomplished this while in Sony's juggernaut shadow. So I say, good for you Microsoft, may the best system win. Competition is a good thing. It's the lifeblood of America. Competition breeds innovation and that means nothing but good things for me, the consumer. What's wrong with a 3rd party games coming out on both systems? Nothing. It only forces Sony and MIcrosoft to come up with more 1st party stuff, or provide innovative hardware in order to gain an advantage. I'm not about to go buy a 360 just yet. I think I'll stick with my free online play, blu-ray player, and sixaxis controller for now. Ooops, I almost violated my own truce there. As long as there is nothing cowardly or underhanded going on like Sony or MS paying for exclusives or worse...buying a 3rd party developer in order to secure an exclusive I'm happy to coexist with the Xbots of the world.blitzinger123
Sega was a stand-alone game company which is why they lacked the funds to support a consumer and developer base for the dreamcast. MS is a multi billion dollar giant. They will throw as much money as needed into any of their products and make sure they stay in competition at any cost. So to come into a PS3 forum and wave a "truce" and then talk about how great the 360 is really a waste of time. People here either already have a 360 and also chose to buy a PS3, or they decided they wanted a PS3. Maybe in your head you have a war going on but here, we post about a solid system with a solid reputation with solid features that will soon get solid games. We dont need a "truce" because most of us could careless. No truce or "top 10 improvements" or false media about our system is going to make us sell it or show appreciation for a system we dont have. If we wanted to listen about how good a 360 is, we'd go into a 360 forum.

nuff said

skulleton1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 skulleton1
Member since 2007 • 632 Posts

After yesterday's nonsense I went home to think about the discussion, the systems, the games, and the events. And I have to admit, though it pains me so much, that the Xbox 360 is a pretty good system. I mean, look at what Microsoft has done. MS has released a system, 1 year early, SUCCESSFULLY. At first it looked like another Dreamcast-like debocle. But they've managed to gather developer and consumer support for the system to the tune of 10 million units worldwide. While that in itself is not an earth-shattering achievement, it is still pretty amazing when you consider that they accomplished this while in Sony's juggernaut shadow. So I say, good for you Microsoft, may the best system win. Competition is a good thing. It's the lifeblood of America. Competition breeds innovation and that means nothing but good things for me, the consumer. What's wrong with a 3rd party games coming out on both systems? Nothing. It only forces Sony and MIcrosoft to come up with more 1st party stuff, or provide innovative hardware in order to gain an advantage. I'm not about to go buy a 360 just yet. I think I'll stick with my free online play, blu-ray player, and sixaxis controller for now. Ooops, I almost violated my own truce there. As long as there is nothing cowardly or underhanded going on like Sony or MS paying for exclusives or worse...buying a 3rd party developer in order to secure an exclusive I'm happy to coexist with the Xbots of the world.ghaleon0721

I think a truce is a great idea, when a gaming company loses, ALL gamers lose too... 

Xbox 360 premium comes with free xbox live.

maustin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 maustin360
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts

Finally someone says it!!!! I totally agree, if anything the competition between WII XBOX360 and PS3 will improve gaming. Better games, competitve prices. AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE one of those guys can tell EA to make a good Madden football(one where i cant get 350 yds a night with tj duckett)
Alyxm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Alyxm1
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts

MS bought out bungie, Sony have not bought out anyone yet, and reason MS had no competition is, well, there was none, and now there is, however PS3 isnt worldwide yet, so time will tell.
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts

[QUOTE="donmohsin"]Competition is good but the thing is Micro$oft doesnt like competition.feryl06
And Sony does?

sony doesnt bribe all the dev's to make there games exclusive, ac6 going to 360 when there are more ps3's than xbox's in japan? it doesnt add up... its just the example of the american money grubbing monopoly playing dirty.

Charlie2688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Charlie2688
Member since 2005 • 1364 Posts
In the case of AC6 I see it as a SUICIDAL move why? Ace Combat is WAY more popular in japan than in here so the target market is japan, japan has fewer 360s the PS3, even if you combine the NA and JP 360s I bet you that the game in NA wont be a great seller and here comes the irony of the situation...devs say NO to exclusive PS3 titiles cuz they know there arent a lot of PS3 out there BUT they are stupid enough to release a game in a console targeted for an audience with even less 360s? well I guess this is a sacrificial title in order to try to grow the 360s in japan but as far ive seen with Blue Dragon that didnt happened :?
Alyxm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Alyxm1

[QUOTE="donmohsin"]Competition is good but the thing is Micro$oft doesn't like competition.feryl06
And Sony does?

Sony does not have MS attitude (ONLY ON XBOX!! wtf, "its exclusive for the xbox, buy this, we want to conquer the SOny empire", FECK OFF), reasons MS made the XBOX was that, its a great industry, (eh... has anyone noticed this... XBOX, when written in caps is the same font as the original console...

That is very suspicious, NO not a coincidence, meaning GS loves MS, or is being paid off, more plausible reasons, most 360 games which suck over in Europe, (don't know and don't care about the US market because its MAD over there) are loved by a good phew American sites except reviewed UK sites(if there are any) and edge.co.uk...),

But that console (XBOX) flopped to the fair superior corp, and older corp, Sony. One of the oldest, richest, smartest corps there is, not just in consoles(not the smartest, because they don't have that much experience, but do deliver), everything else, they have their own film studios for god sake, worth a lot more then MS, and could buy em out, they are all evil, but MS stole ideas, same with Sony.

But through the starting up of MS, they stole what started them off, windows, originally an apple idea. Yes well done for going against "the Gods", in marketing, but make your console good, or not at all, the white box, MS's second console, is very bad, (note MODS, I did not give out about or spit on the 360, because I haven't mentioned its name in context of spitting at it, I have said not spitting at it, yes I know crazy, but I'm very sick (physically) so I have an excuse for writing this up...)

The white second console of MS, is unstable in a % of areas, I myself have experienced that, and through the amount of complaints on these FORUMS ALONE, it reaches to over 160 the past 3-5 months, imagine what the rest of the world is like. Yes MS have sold 10 million consoles, but have replaced a % of that which is very funny indeed.

SONY have not replaced any consoles that even comes close to MSs number, there are vids on Sonys console, that are clear lies, the drive not working? aha that's just a second disk in the drive, why do Americans hate the PS3? cost too much, realise what you are getting, not many games yet, you impatient fools, yes it is more expensive in Europe, but I don't compare the EURO to the DOLLAR, we earn a lot more then you per head.

And Ive only seen 20-40 people complaining about the PS3s price, yse it is expensive, but worth it. ALSO, aren't all Americans patriots, or a majority, despising foreign products, heh, well Europe loves em, besides the small amount of negative crap we do get.

And no, I dont hate America, part of my family is American.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Competition is good but the thing is Micro$oft doesn't like competition.donmohsin
M$ likes to pay off.
Alyxm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Alyxm1
[QUOTE="donmohsin"]Competition is good but the thing is Micro$oft doesn't like competition.rogerjak
M$ likes to pay off.

they sure do.
Charlie2688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Charlie2688

I was thinking about the same thing...why the hell is there a "Only on XBOX" Logo? is that some kind of psychological reassurance that they are getting...some game that they can brag about? I dont know are 360 fans that needed of someone to remind them and reasure them that they made the right desition? well with titles like Bullet Witch and Bomber Man Act Zero with the logo I can only laugh at the situation

Well ist funny cuz Sony NEVER implemeted that in their exclusives cuz the consumer already knew that they made the right desition :)

ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ghaleon0721
Nintendo did the same thing. I don't think its a big deal
ghaleon0721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ghaleon0721
Also, I would bet that the reason sony DIDN'T come up with an exclusive logo is because Sony has never paid for exclusives. They had no garauntees that a developer wouldn't port its game over at some point.
Charlie2688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Charlie2688
Well in that case is even MORE hilarious for the 360 with games like Enchanted Arms that HAVE the logo and are in there way for the PS3 and Sony could have implemented them in First party titles like MS does on theirs but they simply didnt do it 
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
Important PS3 Forum Threads - Read This Thread BEFORE Posting