I need some suggestions from my fellow gamers.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

topher78714

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 topher78714
Member since 2006 • 672 Posts

Okay, so I'm dating a girl who actually likes playing certain videogames, and wants to play with me. The only problem is, she has a different taste in games than I do. She is really big into platformers (such as ratchet and clank), where I prefer more RPG or strategy games. I'm not saying I don't like platformers (I do), just if I had to pick between ratchet and clank or Mass Effect 2, I would pick ME:2. She wants to play more games together, and I plan on getting the new R&C game when it comes out, but I'm looking for something with good local multiplayer that you think would fit her type of game play. Since I'm more of a single player, or online shooter type of gamer I don't know where to begin. Any good suggestions on multiplayer games that would be good locally for both a hardcore gamer (me) and just a casual gamer (her)? PSN or hard disk suggestions are welcome. THANKS!

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

My girlfriend likes LBP2 and ModNation Racers. She also plays Critter Crunch a lot too.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Well the best way is to actually go out together and find a game together to play. Both for the current consoles and if possible find a retro console. Since playing videogames can span 26 different genres.

You buy one and let her buy one, then buy a third game together. co-op. I have discovered games in genres thank to other people. This was easier in the days of the arcades.

The couple that plays videogames together stays together?

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#4 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

If she likes platformers, you'll probably be better off with a system like the PS2 or find a cheap Nintendo console so you can play games like Jak, Ratchet and Clank, and Mario. As far as PS3 platformers that have local play, Little Big Planet is your best bet.

PixelAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PixelAddict
Member since 2008 • 2237 Posts

Okay, so I'm dating a girl who actually likes playing certain videogames, and wants to play with me. The only problem is, she has a different taste in games than I do. She is really big into platformers (such as ratchet and clank), where I prefer more RPG or strategy games. I'm not saying I don't like platformers (I do), just if I had to pick between ratchet and clank or Mass Effect 2, I would pick ME:2. She wants to play more games together, and I plan on getting the new R&C game when it comes out, but I'm looking for something with good local multiplayer that you think would fit her type of game play. Since I'm more of a single player, or online shooter type of gamer I don't know where to begin. Any good suggestions on multiplayer games that would be good locally for both a hardcore gamer (me) and just a casual gamer (her)? PSN or hard disk suggestions are welcome. THANKS!

topher78714

Man, you just described my wife to a T. She loves the platformers, but has zero patience for most of the games I like to play (FPS, RPG, etc). My advice? Get a Wii and buy New Super Mario Wii, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, and Kirby. Galaxy 2 has a Co-op part of it that is somewhat interesting. Kirby's Epic Yarn is painfully cute (but then that's all of Nintendo's stuff), but that's a great game, too, and it is a traditional couch co-op game.

Just be ready to play some Killzone 2 or 3 or Black Ops afterwards to make you feel right again.

Also, if getting a Wii is not an option, I suggest our old stand by... the Lego games. They are extremely simplistic, but do the job and are entertaining enough. Plus, you can get Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Star Wars Trilogy and maybe even the newer Lego Pirates of the Caribbean games for relatively cheap.

Ultimately, if you find a casual/co-op game a bit boring, remember: it is worth every second if your significant other is gaming with you. Support it for sure. Because there are many other girls out there that would love nothing more than hate on your gaming.

caketoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 caketoo
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
Its unanimous ALL GIRLS LOVE LITTTLE BIG PLANET. Maybe Im generalizing a bit by saying that but prove me wrong. LBP2 is your best bet the community levels are really well done and you shouldnt have any trouble finding one that both of you would enjoy.
yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Please use the Game Recommendation Thread when asking for suggestions on what game to get.