I need a receipt for 60gb for warrany service???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

spicoli420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spicoli420
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

I just got off the phone with sony and they will not repair my 60gb unit unless I have the receipt. I got it around june 07 so if any of you kind foke out there wanna help another kind foke out and by some chance have a receipt then please let me know. A copy would do the job........................I've got some paypal funds to entice someone.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

I just got off the phone with sony and they will not repair my 60gb unit unless I have the receipt. I got it around june 07 so if any of you kind foke out there wanna help another kind foke out and by some chance have a receipt then please let me know. A copy would do the job........................I've got some paypal funds to entice someone.

spicoli420

Isn't the ps3 automatically covered under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty? Do you really need a receipt for that?

And what are they repairing on your 60GB?

Why not just says you got it as a gift from your uncle in another state?

I don't have 1 cause I bought mine used from someone else.

Lord_Pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lord_Pro
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts
yea u get 1 year warranty but u got have a receipt to et or pay 10 dollars to get another Ps3 or get a repair
Lord_Pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lord_Pro
[QUOTE="spicoli420"]

gamenux

Isn't the ps3 automatically covered under the 1 year manufacturer's warranty? Do you really need a receipt for that?

And what are they repairing on your 60GB?

Why not just says you got it as a gift from your uncle in another state?

I don't have 1 cause I bought mine used from someone else.

let me ask u something why u think 60 GB got disconitued cause its buggy thats why most of PS3 that r crashin r the 60GB

i hate to say but yours going to break down to lol

spicoli420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 spicoli420

without the receipt I'll have to pay $150 even though the manufactured date on the ps3 is march 07. I asked for a supervisor and explained everything to him but with no luck. He was all smug in his delivery, probably something he's had to say a million times. He said that its covered under a 1 year warranty as long as you have the receipt.

My ps3 lost all power.....no red or green light....nothing

chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
I think the only reason they need a reciept is to prove the purchase date
Lord_Pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lord_Pro

without the receipt I'll have to pay $150 even though the manufactured date on the ps3 is march 07. I asked for a supervisor and explained everything to him but with no luck. He was all smug in his delivery, probably something he's had to say a million times. He said that its covered under a 1 year warranty as long as you have the receipt.

spicoli420

if you got it from gamestop and know the date of purchase and ask for manager you get a reprint transaction receipt

spicoli420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 spicoli420

I think the only reason they need a reciept is to prove the purchase datechathuranga

that would make sense to me if the ps3 unit did not have a manufactured date sticker on it, but it does which proves it to be less than 1 year old.

spicoli420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 spicoli420
[QUOTE="spicoli420"]

gamenux

Correct me if I am wrong, where does it say on the warranty that "as long as you have the receipt."?

Not really sure? I'm just repeating what the supervisor told me.................I'm going to go check

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
[QUOTE="gamenux"][QUOTE="spicoli420"]

spicoli420

Correct me if I am wrong, where does it say on the warranty that "as long as you have the receipt."?

Not really sure? I'm just repeating what the supervisor told me.................I'm going to go check

Lol. I proved myself wrong. Found it on sony website.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/PS3Print/Warranties

Search for the word "receipt"

Lord_Pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lord_Pro
[QUOTE="spicoli420"][QUOTE="gamenux"][QUOTE="spicoli420"]

gamenux

Lol. I proved myself wrong. Found it on sony website.

http://www.us.playstation.com/Support/PS3Print/Warranties

Search for the word "receipt"

if ya warranty sticker damaged or removed don't even worry bout trying to send it to SONY they ask for 150 to repair or replace it

spicoli420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 spicoli420
:( so very lame..............I've sent in multiple computers, xbox 360 etc. with no proof of purchase needed and it was still replaced at no cost to me.
Lord_Pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lord_Pro

:( so very lame..............I've sent in multiple computers, xbox 360 etc. with no proof of purchase needed and it was still replaced at no cost to me.spicoli420

why r u lying

_T_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 _T_
Member since 2003 • 119 Posts
sorry but what if you contacted the store dont they have records of all that my walmart does
spicoli420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 spicoli420

[QUOTE="spicoli420"]:( so very lame..............I've sent in multiple computers, xbox 360 etc. with no proof of purchase needed and it was still replaced at no cost to me.Lord_Pro

why r u lying

because I hurt inside and its also a way for me to gain acceptance from people like you..............I feel really warm, thank you

Lord_Pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Lord_Pro
[QUOTE="Lord_Pro"]

[QUOTE="spicoli420"]:( so very lame..............I've sent in multiple computers, xbox 360 etc. with no proof of purchase needed and it was still replaced at no cost to me.spicoli420

why r u lying

because I hurt inside and its also a way for me to gain acceptance from people like you..............I feel really warm, thank you

i think u get repair cheaper if you take your ps3 to PC repair shop that service video games there PC repair shop by me that service PS3 he say business booming since he working on alot of PS3 lately he told me over the phone only 35 dollar repair fee when you drop it off and he check it out i luv FIX MY PC lol

ringram231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ringram231
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Tell them it is a gift. This worked for me though you can only do it once. I had to keep calling and asking.
spicoli420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 spicoli420

Tell them it is a gift. This worked for me though you can only do it once. I had to keep calling and asking.ringram231

Thats what I told them but they didn't care. Maybe I'll try in the morning with a different, more sympathetic crew.

Lord_Pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lord_Pro

Tell them it is a gift. This worked for me though you can only do it once. I had to keep calling and asking.ringram231

don't believe that he is lying he proably had pay to get his replacement .

SONY got warranty system that don't change or bend rules for no person or situation cause my Uncle friend got ps3 for gift it broke down he call sony but do't not hearing that they say either pay for a replacement or stop wasting their time

you need a receipt lol or you going have pay to get it replaced by SONY

rayjapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rayjapan
Member since 2006 • 231 Posts

[QUOTE="ringram231"]Tell them it is a gift. This worked for me though you can only do it once. I had to keep calling and asking.Lord_Pro

SONY got warranty system that don't change or bend rules for no person or situation cause my Uncle friend got ps3 for gift it broke down he call sony but do't not hearing that they say either pay for a replacement or stop wasting their time

Yes! This is a strange discussion to me... Let's ignore the pro/anti-Sony/Microsoft/whatever comments, but in general, when you buy something (anything, not only a console), don't you need a receipt for repair or replacement? The reason there are these rules is to make it fair for all and to prevent people with a friend at Gamestop from having a break -- treat everyone the same.

Keep the receipt and packaging whenever you buy something, not just a console... And never buy anything used without the receipt...otherwise, how do you know what you're buying isn't stolen? If you have no choice to pay to get it replaced, it is still better than getting a new one. And after it is repaired/replaced, you get a receipt...

Lord_Pro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Lord_Pro
[QUOTE="Lord_Pro"]

[QUOTE="ringram231"]Tell them it is a gift. This worked for me though you can only do it once. I had to keep calling and asking.rayjapan

i

Yes! This is a strange discussion to me... Let's ignore the pro/anti-Sony/Microsoft/whatever comments, but in general, when you buy something (anything, not only a console), don't you need a receipt for repair or replacement? The reason there are these rules is to make it fair for all and to prevent people with a friend at Gamestop from having a break -- treat everyone the same.

Keep the receipt and packaging whenever you buy something, not just a console... And never buy anything used without the receipt...otherwise, how do you know what you're buying isn't stolen? If you have no choice to pay to get it replaced, it is still better than getting a new one. And after it is repaired/replaced, you get a receipt...

ignore this noob you need a receipt to get a no cost repair or replacement simple as that period