I just bought $75 gamestop gift card for $58 on ebay!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

I love a great bargain. Usually I see people pay like $5 less than the card around this price range so I was surprised to get the $75 card for $58. And I made $1.17 on ebay bucks so it kind of spent $57. I think I'll buy a new $44 PS3 controller and pick up a couple cheap B2G1F games. Metal Gear for $9.99 sounds nice, Sonics Genesis game and maybe Williams pinball game if I can find it in store around here.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
Nice Buy! Do you by any chance have the name of the seller? PM me
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
awesome, just hope it works ;)
Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

awesome, just hope it works ;)starwarsjunky
This is what I was thinking. Nice find though if it does work.

scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
Brag Topics FTW! No seriously, you didn't even ask a question. What are we supposed to discuss?
Whybanme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Whybanme1
Member since 2010 • 118 Posts
[QUOTE="scar-hawk"]Brag Topics FTW! No seriously, you didn't even ask a question. What are we supposed to discuss?

I suppose the sheer awesomeness of giving someone $58 for $75 worth of virtual moneys.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
make sure you message us back when you do get the giftcard and theres a zero balance on it so we can laugh,ok?
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

That really doesn't seem all that amazing. Why would anyone pay full value for a gift card they are getting second hand? You SHOULD be paying less if you're taking the risk of getting it on ebay.

Don't get me wrong, i've seen ebay auctions go for equal value or even more (i.e. $205 for a $200 Best Buy gift card). I just have no idea what's wrong with those people, probably scammers. In your case at least you paid less, but it's still asking for trouble most of the time dealing with gift cards on ebay.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gmaster456

That really doesn't seem all that amazing. Why would anyone pay full value for a gift card they are getting second hand? You SHOULD be paying less if you're taking the risk of getting it on ebay.

Don't get me wrong, i've seen ebay auctions go for equal value or even more (i.e. $205 for a $200 Best Buy gift card). I just have no idea what's wrong with those people, probably scammers. In your case at least you paid less, but it's still asking for trouble most of the time dealing with gift cards on ebay.

2Chalupas
Not everything on ebay is fraudulent you know...
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

gmaster456

Yeah. I've been with ebay forever. Member since 1999 and almost 4000 feedback even though I'm an individual and not a business.I never said "everything on ebay is fraudulent", just that gift cards are probably one of the items most pre-disposed to fraud.

Ironically the thing that has given me the most trouble on ebay, is re-selling video games. I had to stop selling on half.com because probably 20 out of 100 sales of mine ended up being fraudelent buyers that attempted to do a chargeback. I personally just wouldn't want to deal with gift cards on ebay, neither as a seller or buyer.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BH14

I will take my chance with an ebay seller with 100% feedback out of 40 transactions and who just gave me a USPS tracking number. And do people realize that ebay has "Ebay Buyer Protection"? I thought everybody knew that. I wouldn't bid if the person had 0 feedback or bunch of negative feedbacks but $58 for $75 is worth the risk especially when I am covered by ebay buy protection. I have over 50 ebay transactions and never had a bad experience... Knock on wood.

If people are so afraid to buy stuff online or use ebay, they can continue to go to brick and mortar and pay full price. They probably buy $80 hdmi monster cables at Best Buy because the sales person was so convincing.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BH14

make sure you message us back when you do get the giftcard and theres a zero balance on it so we can laugh,ok?LP4EVA2005

Sounds to me your just jealous. Don't hate. I willl definfinitely keep you updated and I think I will be laughing at your post.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BH14

[QUOTE="gmaster456"][QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

2Chalupas

Yeah. I've been with ebay forever. Member since 1999 and almost 4000 feedback even though I'm an individual and not a business.I never said "everything on ebay is fraudulent", just that gift cards are probably one of the items most pre-disposed to fraud.

Ironically the thing that has given me the most trouble on ebay, is re-selling video games. I had to stop selling on half.com because probably 20 out of 100 sales of mine ended up being fraudelent buyers that attempted to do a chargeback. I personally just wouldn't want to deal with gift cards on ebay, neither as a seller or buyer.

20% of your video game sales were "fraudelent"? I have been purchasing video games for long time on ebay and never had a bad situation. Sometimes I sell but majority of the time I buy. I am selective on who I purchase from so maybe that is why I had success on ebay.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gmaster456

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

[QUOTE="gmaster456"] Not everything on ebay is fraudulent you know...BH14

20% of your video game sales were "fraudelent"? I have been purchasing video games for long time on ebay and never had a bad situation. Sometimes I sell but majority of the time I buy. I am selective on who I purchase from so maybe that is why I had success on ebay.

he said he had issue's with half.com not ebay
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 2Chalupas

I will take my chance with an ebay seller with 100% feedback out of 40 transactions and who just gave me a USPS tracking number. And do people realize that ebay has "Ebay Buyer Protection"? I thought everybody knew that. I wouldn't bid if the person had 0 feedback or bunch of negative feedbacks but $58 for $75 is worth the risk especially when I am covered by ebay buy protection. I have over 50 ebay transactions and never had a bad experience... Knock on wood.

If people are so afraid to buy stuff online or use ebay, they can continue to go to brick and mortar and pay full price. They probably buy $80 hdmi monster cables at Best Buy because the sales person was so convincing.

BH14

Gift cards are not even included in buyer protection. Odds are you will be fine (most people are honest), but if it came down to a dispute you'd be out of luck.http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/buyer-protection.html#exclusions

excluded: "anything that's equivalent to cash (including retail gift cards)"

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BH14

Half.com is an ebay company and has buyer protection policy. It works very similar to ebay but prices are simply set. 20% of failing video game transactions are way too high. I don't think selling/buying video games or gift cards are bad on ebay or half.com. If the price is right and the seller had great feedback, take the "risk" and put in a bid.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BH14

Paypal Purchase Protection plan is real good when it comes to fraud. I never had to deal with them but my friend did and he immediately received his money back.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

Are you sure that it still has $75 on it?

GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GamerChick2083
Member since 2010 • 481 Posts

You should be VERY careful when buying a gift card on ebay. Usually people will steal gift cards from a store then sell them on ebay to make a quick buck. Not saying that's wha's going to happen to the TC though. Most people are honest though.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

[QUOTE="gmaster456"] Not everything on ebay is fraudulent you know...BH14

Yeah. Half.com like I said. It's part of ebay, it actually used to be MILES better than listing on ebay because you could maintain an "inventory" and not have to worry about begin or end dates. It also used to be cheaper until both ebay and half.com went crazy jacking up their commission rates. Last I dealt with half.com was a couple years ago though, so who knows, maybe they've fixed their issues. All I know is two/three years ago for me it seemed to become a cesspool of fraud. I really don't bother selling much on ebay though either, not necessarily just because of fraud, but just because their rates are so high it's barely worth it anymore.

While there is usually "ok" BUYER protection on ebay and half, I found that there was very little SELLER protection.Just lookup "half.com chargeback scam" for what you have to deal with as a seller. No joke it got to the point where probably 20% of transactions were scammers trying these chargebacks because of half.com's moronic policies of the time (loopholes). Maybe if you haven't done a large volume of transactions like me then you haven't seen these scams in action. Fortunately I kept good records so I was never actually ripped off, but the kicker is I kept things like delivery confirmations when half.com only allows you to charge media mail shipping prices (ebay caps you to $4 shipping as well). If I didn't pay out of my own pocket to have those confirmations MONTHS after the shipment dates I might have been out of luck based on their asinine policies...

BTW I've only had a few bad experiences as a buyer. But literally dozens of bad experiences as a seller. Unfortunately I probably do 90% less activity now just because I'm less inclined to want to buy if I can't also sell...

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gmaster456
I agree their commission rates are so Bad its not even worth selling stuff on there anymore.
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts

I love a great bargain. Usually I see people pay like $5 less than the card around this price range so I was surprised to get the $75 card for $58. And I made $1.17 on ebay bucks so it kind of spent $57. I think I'll buy a new $44 PS3 controller and pick up a couple cheap B2G1F games. Metal Gear for $9.99 sounds nice, Sonics Genesis game and maybe Williams pinball game if I can find it in store around here.

BH14
That's it? I once bought a 500$ gift card for only 10$. I had the best deal ever.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

I agree their commission rates are so Bad its not even worth selling stuff on there anymore. gmaster456
Tell me about it! I used to sell stuff on eBay constantly and the rates weren't bad at all, but now eBay takes an extra chunk out of you as well as Paypal. Depending on how you list your item you can loseup to 20% of the winning bid. I use the "Buy it now" feature and the last thing that sold for $25.00 I got to keep $21.25.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BH14

[QUOTE="BH14"]

Pvt_r3d

That's it? I once bought a 500$ gift card for only 10$. I had the best deal ever.

What is "500$"? Is that almost as good as $500? Dollar signs usually go in front of the number.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
[QUOTE="BH14"]

[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"][QUOTE="BH14"]

What is "500$"? Is that almost as good as $500? Dollar signs usually go in front of the number.

C'mon, man. Don't feed the trolls.
ubpoker123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ubpoker123
Member since 2007 • 877 Posts

[QUOTE="BH14"]

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

2Chalupas

Yeah. Half.com like I said. It's part of ebay, it actually used to be MILES better than listing on ebay because you could maintain an "inventory" and not have to worry about begin or end dates. It also used to be cheaper until both ebay and half.com went crazy jacking up their commission rates. Last I dealt with half.com was a couple years ago though, so who knows, maybe they've fixed their issues. All I know is two/three years ago for me it seemed to become a cesspool of fraud. I really don't bother selling much on ebay though either, not necessarily just because of fraud, but just because their rates are so high it's barely worth it anymore.

While there is usually "ok" BUYER protection on ebay and half, I found that there was very little SELLER protection.Just lookup "half.com chargeback scam" for what you have to deal with as a seller. No joke it got to the point where probably 20% of transactions were scammers trying these chargebacks because of half.com's moronic policies of the time (loopholes). Maybe if you haven't done a large volume of transactions like me then you haven't seen these scams in action. Fortunately I kept good records so I was never actually ripped off, but the kicker is I kept things like delivery confirmations when half.com only allows you to charge media mail shipping prices (ebay caps you to $4 shipping as well). If I didn't pay out of my own pocket to have those confirmations MONTHS after the shipment dates I might have been out of luck based on their asinine policies...

BTW I've only had a few bad experiences as a buyer. But literally dozens of bad experiences as a seller. Unfortunately I probably do 90% less activity now just because I'm less inclined to want to buy if I can't also sell...

Everyone believe what this guy is saying, Ebay is a horrible ****ing service.
DoubleRainb0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DoubleRainb0w
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

idk why i read all this o-o well, did it have anything on it? xD

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BH14

DoubleRainb0w

Yep. I received the $75 gamestop gift card today. Of course, I immediately checked the balance online and it was correct. "A+ transaction"... I think I will wait for the next buy2 get1 free sale at gamestop because I bought so many games over black friday and x-mas that I still haven't played.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gmaster456
Nice Buy
DoubleRainb0w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DoubleRainb0w
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="DoubleRainb0w"]

BH14

Yep. I received the $75 gamestop gift card today. Of course, I immediately checked the balance online and it was correct. "A+ transaction"... I think I will wait for the next buy2 get1 free sale at gamestop because I bought so many games over black friday and x-mas that I still haven't played.

Nice o: i wish i was as lucky as u haha