I have to say The Order is looking completely pants so far

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Potentially the biggest disappointment for PS4 owners next year. Vapid QTE's. forced stealth and instant death if you don't 'read the mind' of the devs for their cover mechanics, it's looking really fucking grim tbh.

I love Steampunk this is one game I was really hoping they wouldn't **** up. Sucks.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I dunno, I'm holding my judgment. Some people who have played it claim the QTEs are infrequent and that they had a generally great time. I certainly won't pre-order (never do, any more). I agree, though, that even if those problems are infrequent, the game will be worse for wear. I dunno why devs insist on including QTEs, for example. Who likes QTEs?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Yeah... From what I have seen it isn't looking great... Almost every preview has been negative.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Potentially the biggest disappointment for PS4 owners next year. Vapid QTE's. forced stealth and instant death if you don't 'read the mind' of the devs for their cover mechanics, it's looking really fucking grim tbh.

I love Steampunk this is one game I was really hoping they wouldn't **** up. Sucks.

the **** are you even talking about? the playstation experience demo was stellar. the game looks fantastic.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cyloninside

@MethodManFTW said:

Yeah... From what I have seen it isn't looking great... Almost every preview has been negative.

not true, havent read a single negative impression from the playstation experience demo. infact most people have done a 180 from not being excited to saying it is on the top of their list now.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

Too bad. I had high hopes about this title -- I love the setting and the theme. Let's not hope it turns into "Ryse"...

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

I'll hold my judgement until the game comes out but from the videos I've seen it looks meh at best. Kinda disappointing really...

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@blueinheaven said:

the **** are you even talking about? the playstation experience demo was stellar. the game looks fantastic.

The demo looked good visually, that much I can agree on

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cyloninside

@cooolio said:

@cyloninside said:

@blueinheaven said:

what is there to complain about? it showed action, stealth, de emphasis on QTEs, amazing graphics.... and the impressions from journalists regarding the controls and gunplay have been extremely positive.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@MethodManFTW said:

not true, havent read a single negative impression from the playstation experience demo. infact most people have done a 180 from not being excited to saying it is on the top of their list now.

well almost every preview i have read about it has been negative. we will see,

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@cyloninside said:

@cooolio said:

@cyloninside said:

@blueinheaven said:

what is there to complain about? it showed action, stealth, de emphasis on QTEs, amazing graphics.... and the impressions from journalists regarding the controls and gunplay have been extremely positive.

I have no complaints, there have just not shown anything that grabs me.

Noblecowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Noblecowboy
Member since 2014 • 44 Posts

@mdk12345: It is your loss if you will not play PS4 games that are not exclusives. I'll play any PS4 game that interests me. Remastered or multi platform, it really doesn't matter to me as long I enjoy the games. Guess you will be missing out on some interesting games like Batman Arkham Knight, The Witcher 3, Final Fantasy XV, etc. since you will be waiting for Uncharted 4... Also, PS4 games are not that expensive if you look for good deals. Every new game will cost like $60 when it first comes out, but will be cheaper over time. Look at Amazon prices today for PS4 games... Dragon Age: I for $40, Shadows of Mordor for $40, The Evil Within for $25, The Last of Us for $30, Call of Duty: AW for $40, Infamous: Second Son for $30, Diablo 3 for $30, etc.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@noblecowboy: I think this is the right attitude - why don't multiplats "count" as games for some folks? Fun is fun. Same with the anti-indie brigade... I don't care who published it, if anyone. Is it fun? If the answer is yes then I'm interested

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@cyloninside:

I'm not sure what you have seen but there are a few people like videogamer.com that had issues with the demo and they played it. I don't like QTE's if you don't do it perfectly and you get instantly killed. I don't like the fact in the stealth part if you get spotted you die instantly.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Guys I didn't want to post a downer post on a game I was really looking forward to but the negative response from reviewers who have had early access is a bit discouraging. It may well turn out I'll play the damn thing and love it but I HATE QTE's and am not massively enamoured with stealth mechanics that adhere to pre-written rules.

It wasn't a flamebait post. Truth is the PS4 is my 'upstairs game machine' and I am loving the multiplats particularly DAI I'm just waiting for the big hitters like everyone else. This was my own personal 'big hitter' and it looks totally naff. Alternative viewpoint is keep your expectations low and it might just knock your socks off. Evil Within as an i.e. was massively underwhelming after all the hype and the less said about fucking Destiny the better!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#17 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@MethodManFTW said:

@cyloninside said:

@MethodManFTW said:

well almost every preview i have read about it has been negative. we will see,

Most of the previews that I've read have been mixed, but from my own perspective of the new gameplay footage, I've seen improvement.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@_Judas_: You played Ryse?

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

It looks great don't understand peoples problems, who cares about QTE it's about time we got a decent story driven linear game instead of all these predictable boring open worlds were getting.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Well I think it looks... shirts?

Looks like a fun game to me. I'm still getting it.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

@Telekill said:

Well I think it looks... shirts?

i was gonna say that, who the **** says something looks "pants"

i hate the young people