I have some problems with my ps4 and I need an advice

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

Hi every one,

My gf just unboxed our ps4 3 days ago and when she turned on the system for the first two time, it kept freezing and she wasn't able to do any thing. So I told her to go to safe mode and restore the system, like it's new, then install the new software update. When she did, the ps4 worked perfectly fine and she was able to play assassin's creed 4.

On the 2nd day she was playing assassins creed 4 the game crashed and went back to the main menu, so I told her the game might need an update. So she was downloading the update and she went to the game again while it was downloading the patch. She played until the patch was downloaded then quit the game and installed the new patch and went back to playing. She was able to play assassins creed for almost an hour without any crashes or problems but then when she was done she decide to close the system using the controller.

Then, the console kept flashing white until it closed. Once it was completely turn off, she took the power cord off and the hdmi cable off to put it away. At this time she heard 2 beeps then another 2 beeps while the console was completely unplugged, so I told her to plug it back in and turn it back on. So when she did that, the screen kept flashing, so I told her to turn off the system and turn it back on. But when she did this, the system worked properly again. But she just checked it, and did not play with it at that time.

The question is should I call target and tell them that I am facing a bunch of problems or are these normal problems? Because my gf is new to ps4 and a lot of time she didn't know how to use it. As an example some times when I toldl her to close the system from the power button she keeps pressing it. And, when I told her don't do it this way, just press and hold until you hear a beep and it will turn off.

I hope you guys can help me specially because you guys have more experience with the ps4 now than me.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post.

mrpaulianjames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mrpaulianjames
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I too had problems. Different ones to yours. Mine was sent back and now have a new one to be delivered this monday. Question is do you want to carry on and hope it stays ok. Put lots of Downloaded stuff on it only for it to fail you again. then have the ballache of re downloading. Better to be safe then sorry

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

The light flashing white is normal. I suggest you use the PS4 power button only when you need to go to safe mode. Turn your PS4 on by pressing the PS button on the controller and turn it off from the dashboard ( go to the power symbol next to settings and choose "turn off ps4"). I think your PS4 is ok.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Also, don't keep removing the HDMI connection, it can damage the port.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Deaho

@GTR12: Yah that's actually what my gf keeps doing ,since she don't have a place for the ps4 she keeps taking off the power cord and the hdmi port which is scaring me so now I told her to not do that and if she wanna keep it safe she have to find a place for it.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Deaho

@ButDuuude: I called Sony and they told me the exact thing you said which is the system is ok and there is nothing wrong with it.And when I asked him that my gf pressed the power button while the system is off and it beeped twice he replied with that the ps4 have a battery inside so that's why it did that so I was like wow that's cool :)

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

I think you're experiencing regular problems from launch. I had those problems but it's been 2 months since it has happened. Make sure she does not remove the power cord or HDMI too often, it can damage the console. Leave it where it sits and it should be fine. Luckily the system did not brick on you. Or you would have to send it to Sony. Hope your issues go away!

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

i've had the system beep and flash a blue light when it was unplugged randomly too while moving it. Happens even 10 seconds or more after being unplugged. Each time nothing bad happened afterwards, not even doing the hard drive check either.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTR12

@Deaho said:

@GTR12: Yah that's actually what my gf keeps doing ,since she don't have a place for the ps4 she keeps taking off the power cord and the hdmi port which is scaring me so now I told her to not do that and if she wanna keep it safe she have to find a place for it.

Just letting you know :) how can you not find a place for it anyway? its tiny to begin with, just hide it behind the TV if it bothers her so much, and move it out to the front when you or her uses it.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deaho

@GTR12:

@GTR12 said:

@Deaho said:

Just letting you know :) how can you not find a place for it anyway? its tiny to begin with, just hide it behind the TV if it bothers her so much, and move it out to the front when you or her uses it.

lol that's a good idea ,I have been against her putting it behinde the tv but since she can move it freely to the front every time she want's to play with it then I think it's a good idea ,Thank you man :).

Just to let you know I am not living with her in the same place I just sent to her the system so she can bring it to me with her in the summer,that's why I don't have a full control over the system and I was confused about what is going on.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GTR12

@Deaho:

Just found it weird that you were asking the question on her behalf, thought you lived with her lol, the way you described it made it sound like you did.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Deaho

@GTR12:

@GTR12 said:

@Deaho:

Just found it weird that you were asking the question on her behalf, thought you lived with her lol, the way you described it made it sound like you did.

I know :)