I have a few questions about the PS Vita

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

1. Can the Vita play PS1 and PS2 games? What about PS3 Games?

2. If they can't play those games, do you think Sony will eventually make it possible to play those games?

3. I could be wrong, but i think i remember hearing there is also a way to play PS4 games...something like that. Some kind of connection, but I could be wrong. What exactly will happen?

There are so many games for the PS2 i would love to play on the Vita.

Thajewbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Thajewbear
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts

There are certain PS1 and PS2 games you can purchase through the vita store. You can play PS3 and PS4 games via remote play which involves connecting your vita to your console and "streaming" it through to your vita. I'm unsure what exactly the PS3 remote play is like compared to the PS4 remote play. But the remote play for PS4 is really only successful if you're in the same room as your console. I hope that answers your questions.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

1. It plays downloaded PS1 games. PS2 games....yes and no. Mostly no. PS2 games that have been remastered into HD such as MGS2 + 3 are playable on the Vita but there aren't many. Regular PS2 games are not yet on the Vita Store. PS3 games, no.

2. ^PS2 games may eventually make their way to the Vita's Store.

3. Remote Play as said above. Which works with every PS4 game except those that require the PS Eye. It doesn't work with PS3 games apart from a few downloadable titles. Sony have said Gaikai streaming will be possible on the Vita which, in theory, will allow you to play games from all 4 PlayStations.

Short version- certain PS1 and all PS4 games are playable on the Vita. PS2 and PS3...not so much. Yet.

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

Some will, some won't.

Monster's Inc, Bugs Life, Constructor (PS ONE CLASSICS) all played on my VITA, however Theme Park never :(

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts

@Floppy_Jim said:

1. It plays downloaded PS1 games. PS2 games....yes and no. Mostly no. PS2 games that have been remastered into HD such as MGS2 + 3 are playable on the Vita but there aren't many. Regular PS2 games are not yet on the Vita Store. PS3 games, no.

2. ^PS2 games may eventually make their way to the Vita's Store.

3. Remote Play as said above. Which works with every PS4 game except those that require the PS Eye. It doesn't work with PS3 games apart from a few downloadable titles. Sony have said Gaikai streaming will be possible on the Vita which, in theory, will allow you to play games from all 4 PlayStations.

Short version- certain PS1 and all PS4 games are playable on the Vita. PS2 and PS3...not so much. Yet.

Wait, but i think it's possible to play at least one PS3 game, the marvel vs capcom game.