I hated MGS4, and didnt like UC1 Demo, and UC2 multiplayer was decent

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blue_Panda
Member since 2006 • 1293 Posts

im big on multiplayer in most games. the only real ps3 games i have enjoyed on my ps3 was Ratchet FToD. im pretty sure if i gave the first UC a chance id like it... but i dont know if i really wanna force myself to play it. if anything ill get uc2 attempt the single player, and stop when im bored. and prob go on to multi. is that like wasting the games value? i could always go back but im past the point where im forcing myself to play games, and "making collections" etc. i just sell my games to gamestop when i dont want them.

money isnt the problem, its the actualy game. for right now ill i know is that ill be getting Ratchet for sure, demon souls prob, and MW2 for sure on 360, so just geting UC for multiplayer would be stupid?...

atm im happy with 2k10 and i dont really play daily.

Edit: knowing people might flame my hate for mgs4- i bought it day one on reserve, i had played Mgs 1 in like 2 days and really liked it. hated 2 and 3 though for some weird reason, and although i loved the controls and graphics on 4 it just wasnt for me. i hated the whole stealth stuff allthough it was fun, it got old fast.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Well, I think you probably should give Uncharted 1 a try. I myself haven't even bought a PS3 yet (getting one soon), but I saw U1 for $20 in the store and decided I should get it. That way I'll know ifI want to spend the $60 on Uncharted 2.

gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I don't know what to tell ya. I can't beleive that there are people out there that don't like Uncharted!!!!

I think I have heard though that the demo does't do the game justice. I never did try the demo just the full game and it is on of my favorites

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
Well, don't know what to tell you. Maybe getting the PS3 was a mistake for you, but how about you out demon souls like you said? Have you tried Killzone 2, it feel unique from CoD if you ever get bored of CoD. You might like Killzone 2
Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blue_Panda

i fell in absolute love with the killzone 2 demo. i like literally had a jaw open and i JUST played it this past weekend. but i figured most online peeps are on to uc2. i thot about resistance 1 or 2 as well. im just trying to do my ps3 justice, cause i feel guilty just playing Ratchet and Call of Duty 4/5, and somehow loved NFS Uncdercover (yea boughtm on ps3). i dont really rent games either though...

but for example the UC1 demo was the very begining. all u did was like shoot guys in the jungle after u fell down. was decent, just nothing i thot "wow i need this" maybe it was over hyped?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
you didnt like UC1, you don't like singleplayer games a lot, I don't really see the point buying UC2 then.
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts

i fell in absolute love with the killzone 2 demo. i like literally had a jaw open and i JUST played it this past weekend. but i figured most online peeps are on to uc2. i thot about resistance 1 or 2 as well. im just trying to do my ps3 justice, cause i feel guilty just playing Ratchet and Call of Duty 4/5, and somehow loved NFS Uncdercover (yea boughtm on ps3). i dont really rent games either though...

but for example the UC1 demo was the very begining. all u did was like shoot guys in the jungle after u fell down. was decent, just nothing i thot "wow i need this" maybe it was over hyped?

Blue_Panda
Uncharted had a better story and platforming and puzzle in my opinion. Killzone 2, will not be dieing out anytime soon, it will still have life even though UC2/MW2 comes out. Resistance 2 was good, but I thought the online coop was a little shady, they say each time the mission will be unique, but really it is just the objectives mixed in order each round of online coop
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Blog it.

If everyone was telling how they feel about X or Y game every now and then. The forums would be a pain in the ***.

edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
I didn't really like UC1 or MGS4 either, but UC2 had me playing for seven hours straight yesterday. It's a fantastic game.
Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blue_Panda

since im not in any financial crisis right now ill just have to pickup UC1 + UC2 and keep them wrapped up in plastic, sell off all my other ps3 games (that i have beaten/no longer want) and be stuck with the games till i lovem. thats what happend with COD and Ratchet for me. and boy i love just thinking about ratchet for some reason.

Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts

the demo doesnt justify uncharted. trust me, the demo was bad compared to the full game. also uncharted 2 is full of action packed fun that really wasnt in the first game. uncharted 2 is full of epicness that shouldnt be missed. the co op, horde mode, and multiplayer will last you a loong time

WEAPON_X_RECON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WEAPON_X_RECON
Member since 2009 • 232 Posts

Blog it.

If everyone was telling how they feel about X or Y game every now and then. The forums would be a pain in the ***.

BaraChat

My thought's exactly:|

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#13 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts
Okay if a game comes out this generation and then maybe 2 years later comes out with a sequel in the same generation there is no excuse to just skip over the first one. Play the first one
wumpscutnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wumpscutnut
Member since 2007 • 1290 Posts

im big on multiplayer in most games. the only real ps3 games i have enjoyed on my ps3 was Ratchet FToD. im pretty sure if i gave the first UC a chance id like it... but i dont know if i really wanna force myself to play it. if anything ill get uc2 attempt the single player, and stop when im bored. and prob go on to multi. is that like wasting the games value? i could always go back but im past the point where im forcing myself to play games, and "making collections" etc. i just sell my games to gamestop when i dont want them.

money isnt the problem, its the actualy game. for right now ill i know is that ill be getting Ratchet for sure, demon souls prob, and MW2 for sure on 360, so just geting UC for multiplayer would be stupid?...

Edit: knowing people might flame my hate for mgs4- i bought it day one on reserve, i had played Mgs 1 in like 2 days and really liked it. hated 2 and 3 though for some weird reason, and although i loved the controls and graphics on 4 it just wasnt for me. i hated the whole stealth stuff allthough it was fun, it got old fast.

Blue_Panda

What exactly is the point of this post? Are you asking if you should buy UC2? Are you ranting?

I dont get it.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts

1. idk why you are comparing uncharted to metal gear solid 4

2. based off the demo? lol....i didnt like the demo either, but the full game was amazing.

3. Thats in your opinion...i find it to be tons of fun esspeically gold rush mode. Besides its all about the single player campaign.

fuzzyking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 fuzzyking
Member since 2005 • 311 Posts

dude i sorta know how you feel. MGS4 was great for me though.

Im going to be truthful, i didn't like UC1 as i should have. it was too linear for me, and what kept my playing was the story and characters. the Gameplay was too simple and linear.

But UC2 is different. i have it, and i love it. While it is linear, it allows you to pick your tactics, which i love! i love being stealth. the multiplayer demo was alrite, but the single player is amazing. the feeling of stealth, when you sneak up and crack their neck, it feels so good and fresh. You NEED to pick it up.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18836 Posts
MGS4 SP was disapointing because it was 75% cutscene. Online however is the (s)hit. Uncharted 1 demo i liked and will finally buy soon. Uncharted 2 MP demo was overall good but not MGO online. i mean no 1. create a player 2. jumping in and out of lobbies 3. 16 player should of been the max 4. in game texting like MGO 5. no headshots if they are addressed in the real game i'll buy it
rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
I was one of those skeptical after the demo, but the demo just doesn't do it justice. When Uncharted: Drakes Fortune became a greatest hit, I jumped all over it, and then ended up pre-ordering Uncharted: Among Thieves. For 30 bucks I'd say Uncharted is definitely worth a try.
heatfanman101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 heatfanman101
Member since 2008 • 2877 Posts

Blue_Panda

lol, not to flame you or anything, but why buy a stealth game, when you don't like stealth game.

maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

So Im assuming you hate puppies and ice cream as well?

bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
Kind of funny you talk about MGS4 and UC2 because I was just comparing the two while playing UC2. I've found that in the campaign, I love be stealthy. It gives you the option to either go all out stealth or full on guns blazing, or anything inbetween, which I find just great.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Good for you. Did you need to post this?
edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
Good for you. Did you need to post this?Chaos_Bladez
Every action is based in urgency. You don't have to feel it for it to exist.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I didn't like MGS4 that much either

The original Uncharted demo sucked, the full retail game was much better. Uncharted 2's multiplayer is alright, but the story mode is the reason to purchase the game

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

I agree with you on MGS4. Game was such a borefest..

However, Uncharted is the best series on PS3.

Spoiledgenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#26 Spoiledgenius
Member since 2009 • 622 Posts

I think you are against PS3 exclusive.. lol sorry just kidding.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

PLAY Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. BUY Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. You'll thank me later.

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts
Kind of funny you talk about MGS4 and UC2 because I was just comparing the two while playing UC2. I've found that in the campaign, I love be stealthy. It gives you the option to either go all out stealth or full on guns blazing, or anything inbetween, which I find just great. bluem00se
Yeah it is pretty awesome when it comes to the myriad of options you have to approach each situation. I love dying, because I don't HAVE to play it again, but rather I GET to play it again and that happens very rarely. So far, the train sequence was my favorite part and I'm 66% done so far.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

MGS4 and UC2 are the best games on the PS3 at the moment IMO. No other game this gen can even hold a candle to them.