i hate it when there are some great games i cant afford

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mattamomo
Member since 2010 • 929 Posts

dont you hate it when you cant afford the good games out

i have to buy killzone 3 and i have to preoprder many (crysis 2. batman, the elder scrolls skyrim, resistance 3, uncharted 3)

i need to win £250

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Just buy them when they're cheaper... I still want Vanquish and Bioshock 2 but ill wait for them to hit the 9.99 mark.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
most of them are not coming out until after summer.... get a job.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

It has been a long time since I didn't have enough money to buy the games I want, but I can feel with you because there's a lot I missed especially on the PS1 :/ Anyway, nowadays I have several games that look great, but just can't find the time to play them all...

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Yeah. This year will be painful on the wallet. Especially considering I'm in the market for putting together a gaming PC, that'll blow my budget right there LOL. I did get KZ3. But I have to resist so many. I already held off on getting Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 and Little Big Planet 2, even though I wanted them all. Honestly I just don't have time to play EVERY game, I still have a dozen games I haven't started. So it doesn't make sense to get brand new ones. I even had DS2 and LBP2 pre-ordered at one time, but I decided to cancel and wait a little while to get them at a discount rather than have them decline in value on my shelf. Going forward this year is just crazy. There will probably be a lull in the summer, like there is in most years. Maybe that will give me a chance to catch some of the games I'll probably be missing. I'm hoping by then I'll figure the specs for the PC I'm looking at, in anticipation of Battlefield 3!!!
Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Yeah, I can't afford to pay for all these video games, go to Video Games Live, and attend an Anime convention all in 2 months. Even with a job it's hard to balance hobbies with school loans, insurance, and other bills.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#9 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I have a long list of games that I want to get that have been out for years and are now under $10. So I can wait until the next batch of games drops to my price point.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts

Yeah but I don't need to spend too much on games anyways....

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
either wait and buy then cheaper, or get more hrs at work if u work that is
mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mattamomo

either wait and buy then cheaper, or get more hrs at work if u work that isJoKeR_421

im 14 so the only job i can get is a paperround, and thats only £4-5 a week for 2 hours work lol

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
u don't need to buy every new game out there. i have a solid job and i still prefer to save my money than buying every game out. you are not missing out on anything. don't feel obligated that you always have to have the newest stuff to be part of the "cool' kids. man up and convince yourself that you can wait a little longer till they're cheap enough that you can afford them. it's a lesson i learned when i was growing up. patience = fruitful outcome.
mattamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mattamomo

u don't need to buy every new game out there. i have a solid job and i still prefer to save my money than buying every game out. you are not missing out on anything. don't feel obligated that you always have to have the newest stuff to be part of the "cool' kids. man up and convince yourself that you can wait a little longer till they're cheap enough that you can afford them. it's a lesson i learned when i was growing up. patience = fruitful outcome.Batang_X990

i do useally wait till they are cheap, but i always have a problem with which one to get when i get enough, its always so frustrating, for instance i want one of these games but dont know which:

killzone 2

killzone 3

uncharted 1 and 2

god of war 3

etc

so its hard to decide

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]either wait and buy then cheaper, or get more hrs at work if u work that ismattamomo

im 14 so the only job i can get is a paperround, and thats only £4-5 a week for 2 hours work lol

Become a pharmacist.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="mattamomo"]

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]either wait and buy then cheaper, or get more hrs at work if u work that isFightingfan

Become a pharmacist.

don't listen to this guy. pharmacy is boring and stressful. become a lawyer instead.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

It's times like these when I'm happy I have a job and few bills to pay.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="mattamomo"]

funsohng

Become a pharmacist.

don't listen to this guy. pharmacy is boring and stressful. become a lawyer instead.

Don't listen to this guy either Lawyers go to hell.

Zathic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#19 Zathic
Member since 2007 • 1946 Posts

funsohng

Become a pharmacist.

don't listen to this guy. law is boring and stressful. become a dentist instead.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]either wait and buy then cheaper, or get more hrs at work if u work that ismattamomo

damn lol. well i dont know what to tell u besides wait till they get cheap. im 25 and i got 2 jobs, one full time and one part time, so im never really strapped on cash but yea u should wait for a price drop or start shoppin online
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Become a pharmacist. Zathic

don't listen to this guy. law is boring and stressful. become a dentist instead.

actually dont listen to neither of them, a job is a job no matter wat it is, as long as ur kinda happy and making decent money at ur age then go for it. by the way, almost every job is boring, but remember this, once u find a decent job stick with it till u done with college. but remember a job is a job no matter what it is and if its boring
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

We had know for a while now that 2011 is going to hard on wallets for many gamers, myself included. I usually can afford 1 game monthly but with so many fantastic games, I have to prioritise.

This means, I purchase only the game I want the most and which will give me best value for the buck.

Unfortunately, some game I'll have to purchase on later time, the good things is however - I'll get them for cheaper price. ;)

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

We had know for a while now that 2011 is going to hard on wallets for many gamers, myself included. I usually can afford 1 game monthly but with so many fantastic games, I have to prioritise.

This means, I purchase only the game I want the most and which will give me best value for the buck.

Unfortunately, some game I'll have to purchase on later time, the good things is however - I'll get them for cheaper price. ;)

Sokol4ever
This, completely agreed.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

[QUOTE="mattamomo"]

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]either wait and buy then cheaper, or get more hrs at work if u work that isJoKeR_421

damn lol. well i dont know what to tell u besides wait till they get cheap. im 25 and i got 2 jobs, one full time and one part time, so im never really strapped on cash but yea u should wait for a price drop or start shoppin online

huh? how the hell do you manage to do that AND have time for gaming??

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

my PS3 game wishlist is well over $600 :D. Whether or not I actually spend that much on the games I want is a different matter

zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts

all these great games are the reason why i have gamefly, i cant afford all of them and its the only way i can actually play all of them.

JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

I don't really worry about it. There are always going to be great games I don't have the money to purchase or the time to play.

Just play what you do have in the meantime and wait until you have the money, or the price drops. The game isn't going to be any less great a few months from now.

Also, enjoy the times when you don't have responsibilities like a full time job. You're 14. You've got a little time left where you get to be mostly worry free. Enjoy it.

risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

.... get a job.funsohng

Best suggestion

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JoKeR_421

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="mattamomo"]

LP4EVA2005

huh? how the hell do you manage to do that AND have time for gaming??

i do have some off days u know, and im always free starting 8pm which is when im home from work. and i normally dont sleep early, i go to bed at 4, 5 am. so i game from when im home till i finally feel tired and want to go to bed.
HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Become a pharmacist. Zathic

i find working in the food industry both fun and more satisfying than being a dentist, lawyer, or a pharmacist doing a paper route. :3..
Avatar image for MetsuHadoken123
MetsuHadoken123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MetsuHadoken123
Member since 2011 • 40 Posts
It's no secret that 2011 is boasting quite a reputable lineup. I think Bethesda announcing Skyrim was the icing on top of the cake. I myself am looking at financial issues so I feel your pain.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I just pre-order the games I'm really excited about and let the others wait until they're cheaper.

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

[QUOTE="mattamomo"]

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"]either wait and buy then cheaper, or get more hrs at work if u work that isFightingfan

Become a pharmacist.

Ha! I see what you did there. Am I the only one who got it? :P

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

KamuiFei

Become a pharmacist.

yeah i got it, it may work for a minute but wait till you get caught, the only thing i hate is trying to convince my wife to get a game

CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

You're not the only one who feels that way. The best thing to do is wait it out.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] Become a pharmacist. fsurb28

yeah i got it, it may work for a minute but wait till you get caught, the only thing i hate is trying to convince my wife to get a game

That kind of sounds funny if she says no what do you counter with "no sex for you" or something like that?
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

You can save a lot of money on your gaming hobby if your willing to be patient.

All games will eventually dip below the $15 mark sooner or later. Look for sales, used copies, or just wait it out.

I can't believe I used to pay $60+ for one game. Now $60 will buy me 4-5 games.

corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

It used to bother me, but I still wait for the games to hit the $20 used mark before I buy them. There are plenty of great games out there I haven't played though that will keep me rocking for awhile.

fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

[QUOTE="fsurb28"]

[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

Fightingfan

That kind of sounds funny if she says no what do you counter with "no sex for you" or something like that?

if i counter with that all hell would break loose, normally i just hide a game in my night stand, but 9 times out of 10 "a good night" is all it'll take for me to get what i want

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#40 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

KamuiFei

Become a pharmacist.

LOL...nah, you're really not--sometimes that suggestion often crosses my mind. But honestly I'm surprised at how many that DID fly by, though (unless they're playing dumb). :lol:
BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

I know how you feel man, but if you have $60 you can invest (not spend all year) then buyem used a couple weeks after they come out and return them, never spend a dime., and you get all the fun.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Just buy them when they're cheaper... I still want Vanquish and Bioshock 2 but ill wait for them to hit the 9.99 mark.Fightingfan
Thats half the reason I have a PC as well because Steam sales are a huge help.
BonoBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BonoBoy
Member since 2002 • 587 Posts
I used to...but I'm starting to realize looking at my bank balance and my backlog of games that it is wiser to just buy what you are going to play...I'm a dad and pretty busy so often I'll see drops in price if I wait until I'm able to sink the time into a game. I'm trying to get away from playing the opening chapter of like 3 or 4 different games in a 2 week span and then getting absorbed in one. By the time I get back to the others I've kinda lost the sense of what's going on and need to re-start anyways. If I had waited I would have saved some serious coin.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
I don't have that problem anymore. I can afford to buy all the games I want, but I lack the time to play them ...from one problem to another >_>