I got the Uncharted series. Questions. ( Please no spoilers )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 codymcclain14
Member since 2010 • 6017 Posts

I ordered a PS3 and Uncharted 1, 2, & 3 for Christmas.

I am wondering how the story is on those games? I love games that has a "emotional" story. One that grips you too it, and you get attached to the characters and actually care about them. And a story that has intense momments.

Final Fantasy games for example. you spend so much time learning about the characters, and thier life/struggle, that you get attached to them. and by the end of the game you're sad/happy.

Red Dead Redemption, and Alan Wake was the only games this year, I've played that was like that.

So, could someone please tell me how the story is?

And how the games are?

Some pros and cons would be good.

Thanks in advance. And again, please no spoilers.

hardyz200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardyz200
Member since 2010 • 543 Posts
it has a really great emotional story in each games but the one that really had an emotional one was 3 but for pros and cons + Great voice acting + Terrific story + Awesome cinematic + brillant shooting + Outstanding Graphics - There are none
codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 codymcclain14
it has a really great emotional story in each games but the one that really had an emotional one was 3 but for pros and cons + Great voice acting + Terrific story + Awesome cinematic + brillant shooting + Outstanding Graphics - There are none hardyz200
Thanks for the reply! :D I'm really excited for the games. I've always wanted the games, but I only have a 360 right now.
codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 codymcclain14
Oh! I forgot to ask. How long are the games?
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I ordered a PS3 and Uncharted 1, 2, & 3 for Christmas.

I am wondering how the story is on those games? I love games that has a "emotional" story. One that grips you too it, and you get attached to the characters and actually care about them. And a story that has intense momments.

Final Fantasy games for example. you spend so much time learning about the characters, and thier live/struggle, that you get attached to them. and by the end of the game you're sad/happy.

Red Dead Redemption, and Alan Wake was the only games this year, I've played that was like that.

So, could someone please tell me how the story is?

And how the games are?

Some pros and cons would be good.

Thanks in advance. And again, please no spoilers.

codymcclain14

I found the story pretty good, I guess the similarity would be compared to Indiana Jones movies. While I find the first game better in terms of story and character development, the second game also offers some good "emotional" connection. It's not going to be like Heavy Rain or Final Fantasy but it's a phenomenal adventure worth playing at least once.

I find the games enjoyable and overall Uncharted 2 stands out as a masterpiece with other two games being good in their own way. The pros would obviously be superb visuals, great voice acting, good story and very responsive, excellent gameplay mechanics. The multiplayer in Uncharted 2 is still alive and I prefer it to the third game as well.

I guess the only cons I have is with the third game where emphasis on the visuals is unbelievable but the game pacing and story fall little short compared to the previous two games.

Overall, you will have fantastic time.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Uncharted is like MGS4 with jump and melee attack button... each uncharted is about 10 hrs to finish
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Oh! I forgot to ask. How long are the games?codymcclain14

Each game, on normal settings, is averaging 8-10 hours on the first play though. There is a very good emphasis on replayabilty to collect treasures and complete trophies.

Uncharted series is one of those fun games where even for a person like myself who isn't into collecting them, trophy hunting is pretty enjoyable, outside of crushing difficulty... :)

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 codymcclain14

[QUOTE="codymcclain14"]Oh! I forgot to ask. How long are the games?Sokol4ever

Each game, on normal settings, is averaging 8-10 hours on the first play though. There is a very good emphasis on replayabilty to collect treasures and complete trophies.

Uncharted series is one of those fun games where even for a person like myself who isn't into collecting them, trophy hunting is pretty enjoyable, outside of crushing difficulty... :)

Crushing difficulty? :o lol
dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts

You are going to love your purchase, all three are among the best titles in modern gaming. Solid and varied gameplay, amazing graphics and voicework, interesting characters, suspenseful plots, and underrated multiplayer worth giving a shot.

peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

I wasn't impressed with uncharted 3. I loved the first 2, but 3 was frustrating and not fun in certain parts. Never felt that way with the first 2 games.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#11 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I like a good emotional story too, but Uncharted isnt where you are going to find that. Only things you are going to do is scale walls, solve a few puzzles (the game automatically tells u what to do if it takes to long) surprise attack a few enemies, find cover, and shoot. Thats it.Plus each game only lasts about 8-10 hours.

I may be the only one who thought the games werent all what they are hyped to be. I would rate #1 6.5/10. #2 7/10, and #3 6/10

#3 sucks on all accounts besides the co-op campaign.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14500 Posts

UC2 is my personal GOTG; the campaign is superb, the MP is the best competitive TPS I've yet played, and the co-op campaign missions are a blast (though broken if one person intends to be a douche). It all comes back to the story+presentation and UC2 is by far the most varied of the bunch. UC3's campaign is enjoyable in parts, but certain segments feel like a chore and others aren't fully developed (it could have used another year in development, in all honesty). However, UC3 has a much better structure and execution to its MP component.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Uncharted has some of the best video game characters created. They feel so natural and so real that you should definitely feel some attachment towards them.
codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 codymcclain14
Thanks for the replys. Sounds great! :D And hey Dylan417 :P Long time no see. I don't have internet for my 360, or PS3 yet. so im not looking for MP. I'm just looking for single player.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
The characters are great, story is ok, but not too emotional. Great games though (at least 1 and 2, I never enjoyed 3 personally).
chaotzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chaotzu
Member since 2005 • 773 Posts
You're gonna get a kick out of Uncharted. It's really the closest a video game has come to a blockbuster movie.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#17 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I didn't think the story was good in any of the Uncharted games. I've played all three games and I don't care about or feel any emotion toward any of the characters. The gameplay is phenomenal, though.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#18 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Your gonna enjoy playing the games the games are pretty straightforward in where to go next. Some of the best set pieces ever espically in number 2, top notch voice acting and a well excuted multiplayer. All I can say is enjoy the ride.

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 codymcclain14
I'm really excited now. :D These games are the main reason I wanted a PS3. Infamous is probably the next game I'll get.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#20 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I'm really excited now. :D These games are the main reason I wanted a PS3. Infamous is probably the next game I'll get.codymcclain14
Buy the InFamous collections. You get 1 & 2 & the Festival of Blood DLC. Buy it new tho. You never know if the download code for Festival of blood has been used or not.

munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

my favorite series for ps3! fantastic games all around. great story, great voice-acting, and great action!

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#22 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Uncharted is the reason the PS3 is king.

Cedars65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cedars65
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts

As others have illustrated, it's extremely easy to fall in love with the Uncharted series. I'm not sure the story is as emotional as, say, Heavy Rain or Red Dead. It's got humor, it's got goofy bits. But the voice acting is incredible and the characters are some of the most likable I've ever seen in a game. Haven't played the first, just picked it up actually. The second is by far my favorite game ever. It's totally perfect. UC3 was pretty good, but I found it was extrememly difficult at times, and frustrating to have to keep repeating bits when you wanted to keep the story going. Nevertheless, you picked well, and I hope you enjoy them all.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

The story itself is nothing special and when you think about it too hard kind of lame at certain parts.

It's the storytelling that is fantastic and the dialogue that makes it enjoyable.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Oh! I forgot to ask. How long are the games?codymcclain14

I played through each game twice on normal and hard settings and have 16-20 hours in all of them. There's some replay value with the different difficulty settings (especially if you like trophy hunting) and the treasures are fun to try and find but the only real replay value in any of them is the MP.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

emotional in what way? its indiana jones with ryan reynolds as indiana jones...so go from there.

for a video game, its a good adventure story....but no one is crying here.this isnt schindlers list

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Uncharted is not an "emotional" story type of game at all. It just has very like-able characters. Nathan Drake came in at a time where most protagonist where just dudes with gunz and nothing to them.
pspitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#28 pspitus
Member since 2006 • 2397 Posts

After playing Uncharted 1, 2, and 3 I will tell you now that you will definetely end up falling in love with those characters! :) It's a great game series, and an awesome way to start your ps3 game collection! GAME ON! :D

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Story wise it's pretty much a male version of Tomb Raider or basically Indiana Jones. So if you like ether of those then that's off to a good start. Outside of Drake and Sully the character growth of other characters is meh (Elena is pretty interesting). The bromance between Sully and Drake is a lot better than most duos out there (they won't be as emotional/good as say Lee and Clem in TWD game).

Avatar image for UnchartedPirate
UnchartedPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 UnchartedPirate
Member since 2012 • 91 Posts

The Uncharted Series is one of PlayStation's best games. I recommend playing 1-3.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

I couldn't be bothered to read all the replies so probs a repeat of what's said here, but:

Uncharted 1:

about 8-10 hours for a playthrough,

Pros:

great visuals

incredible voice acting

believeable and deep story

cons:

some awkward compulsary motion controls

can be a little too predictable

some slightly dodgy animations

a few frustrating areas (especially on harder difficulties) that can feel cheap

Uncharted 2:

About 12-15 hours for a playthrough

Pros:

Incredible visuals, with some of the best snow effects on console

animations nailed

more variety in gameplay

really care about the characters in quite an epic story

cons:

Though story wise it has a good satisfying ending, the last gameplay sequence is not so

the game ends!

Uncharted 3:

About 10-12 hours for a playthrough

Pros:

Amazing lighting and sound design

Realistic animations

very enticing story

Cons:

Gunplay feels a little clunky compared to 2

All in all, the series is amazing, the stories for all 3 tell 3 enticing and rich individual stories, and whilst none of them are perfect, they are really good experiences. Enjoy!

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@ristactionjasko "I like a good emotional story too, but Uncharted isnt where you are going to find that. Only things you are going to do is scale walls, solve a few puzzles (the game automatically tells u what to do if it takes to long) surprise attack a few enemies, find cover, and shoot. Thats it.Plus each game only lasts about 8-10 hours.

I may be the only one who thought the games werent all what they are hyped to be. I would rate #1 6.5/10. #2 7/10, and #3 6/10

#3 sucks on all accounts besides the co-op campaign."

Your inability to enjoy this series made me sad . . .

To the OP; The series if fun, entertaining and the characters that populate the world are likable. If by "emotional," you mean exciting then, yes, you'll have a good time. However, if you're looking for Walking-Dead-the-game-type emotional involvement, not-so-much.

Either way, welcome to the Playstation 3 family and might I suggest Heavy Rain if you're looking to have your emotions worked!

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 codymcclain14

@ristactionjasko "I like a good emotional story too, but Uncharted isnt where you are going to find that. Only things you are going to do is scale walls, solve a few puzzles (the game automatically tells u what to do if it takes to long) surprise attack a few enemies, find cover, and shoot. Thats it.Plus each game only lasts about 8-10 hours.

#3 sucks on all accounts besides the co-op campaign."

Your inability to enjoy this series made me sad . . .

To the OP; The series if fun, entertaining and the characters that populate the world are likable. If by "emotional," you mean exciting then, yes, you'll have a good time. However, if you're looking for Walking-Dead-the-game-type emotional involvement, not-so-much.

Either way, welcome to the Playstation 3 family and might I suggest Heavy Rain if you're looking to have your emotions worked!

porkchopxp
thanks! I might look into buying it!