i got invited to sony event on october 10th!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coltss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 coltss
Member since 2006 • 450 Posts

i got a invite to a exclusive playstation holiday preview event via e-mail.

Heres the details:

444 Younge street, 7th floor

Toronto, Ontario

october 10, 2007

"Dear *******(my name),

As a visitor to PlayStation.ca you get the latest news and information about the hottest PlayStation games. You've read about the games, now you can experience them with this exclusive opportunity. Sony Computer Entertainment Canada would like to invite you to a very special sneak preview event to play the top titles available this holiday season.

This invitation is non-transferable and ID will be required for admittance. Only one entry per invitation; no guests. Entry will be refused to those who do not appear on the RSVP list and to the names that do not match the original invite. Admittance is limited to the first 150 people to RSVP."

"Sony Computer Entertainment Canada invites you to experience the top games available this holiday season for the Playstation 3, Playstation 2, PSP.

Come for an exclusive look at some great games including Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Haze, Ratchet and Clank: TOD, Singstar, Rock Band, Guitar Hero 3, Buzz!:the mega quiz, Call Of Duty: 4, Smackdown vs Raw 2008, Cars Mater National, Sonic Rivals 2 and many more."

if you dont beleive me heres a link : http://www.playstation.ca/rsvp_carlu/index.aspx?id=e6fd4dc4-bf5f-4f50-8ed2-c0be9f4454bd

DO you think they will tell us the big bang announcement.

i cant go anyways :(

GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts
If true that is very impressive. Was it some sort of lottery contest? Anyway, bummer you can't go; I doubt there will be any enormous announcement, probably just the release date of the US 40gig SKU.
hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#3 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts

wait i second in live in north york toronto, i own a ps3, maybe i got a inviation too but thats just awesome,

Avatar image for johnnythegamer2
johnnythegamer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 johnnythegamer2
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts
Whoa I live in Toronto too, i got a PS3 but no email... like wtf.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
I live in T.O too I hope I get one :D
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts
I call bull. Grammatical errors FTL.
casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
Nice, very nice!
MagMower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MagMower
Member since 2005 • 992 Posts
I call bull. Grammatical errors FTL.ocelotcougar
Ill agree. Names and Addresses aren't capitalized, names of games aren't capitalized, your quotations are placed inconsistently, and the official title of the PS3 is PLAYSTATION 3, not playsation 3 (something Sony was very clear on, the fact that the entire name is to be capitalized.)
new_pc_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 new_pc_gamer
Member since 2007 • 175 Posts

[QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]I call bull. Grammatical errors FTL.MagMower
Ill agree. Names and Addresses aren't capitalized, names of games aren't capitalized, your quotations are placed inconsistently, and the official title of the PS3 is PLAYSTATION 3, not playsation 3 (something Sony was very clear on, the fact that the entire name is to be capitalized.)

EXPOSED!! Why would you lie about this??

coltss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 coltss
im sorry but it wouldnt let me copy and paste so i had to type it up all over and i didnt bother typing in capitals
coltss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 coltss

[QUOTE="MagMower"][QUOTE="ocelotcougar"]I call bull. Grammatical errors FTL.new_pc_gamer

EXPOSED!! Why would you lie about this??

if you guys think im lying you can go ahead and go tothat addressand see yourself that its the truth.

kier1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kier1992
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts
Lie why can't you copy and paste? i am sure and positive any email you should be able to copy and paste.. and its odd that your the only person that has got this invite, i go onto the playstation offical forums and i havent heard no one from there saying i have a golden ticket...
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts

lol it could really be bull. How did you get this opportunity anyway. Tho he may not be able to copy and pastre because it could have been in the form of an image or something. i really dont know what to believe.

meh

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

He may not have been able to copy and paste because they sent the e-mail as a picture. I believe it...

Even though I live in Canada, I never look at www.playstation.ca, instead I go to www.us.playstation.com since I am a GAP member.

He could take a screenshot of the email? if you guys don't believe him.

coltss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 coltss

ok the first part where my name is in my e-mail so i cant give you the link for that but then it told me to click on alink to let me know about more information. If you still dont beleive me then i dont know how to make you beleive..

LINK : http://www.playstation.ca/rsvp_carlu/index.aspx?id=e6fd4dc4-bf5f-4f50-8ed2-c0be9f4454bd

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

There is no big bang announcement.

coltss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 coltss

There is no big bang announcement.

Nike_Air

i thought there was suppose to be a announcement in october. i read it on these forums i guess im wrong..

coltss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 coltss
bump
coltss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 coltss
wheres the people who said i was lying?
dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

They probably aren't going to make any big announcements. They just want to show some of the games coming out soon to the Canadian media.

Pfft... who in their right mind would make some big announcment in cold, cruel Canada?

RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
Why not just screenshot the email and use paint or photoshop to "blackout" your email address, name, physical address, and any other info you don't want us to see? It'd look more legit as it's pretty difficult to replicate and a few blackout scribbles here and there never hurt or reduce the authenticity.
coltss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 coltss

i have a link isnt tht good enuf

Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts

wheres the people who said i was lying?coltss

I think you'll find them crying in a corner somwhere!!

On topic they did this for the PS2 in Dublin about 2 or 3years ago but it wasn't as exclsuive as this sounds. All you had to do was register (it wasn't invite only)and I think the first 500 got in. It was totally lame it was all demos with the exception of SLY 2 and all the demos had appeard on discs given with magazines at least once. EDIT Oh I forgot to also say that a couple oftw@ts from MTV where hosting it and made a complete arse of the whole thing. You know the type, "hey guys we're here and we're totally down with the kids!!" what a pair of aholes:lol:

It's a pitty the invite is none transferable it would be nice if one of your buddy's could go instead.

ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts

[QUOTE="coltss"]wheres the people who said i was lying?Liams

On topic they did this for the PS2 in Dublin about 2 or 3years ago but it wasn't as exclsuive as this sounds. All you had to do was register (it wasn't invite only)and I think the first 500 got in. It was totally lame it was all demos with the exception of SLY 2 and all the demos had appeard on discs given with magazines at least once. EDIT Oh I forgot to also say that a couple oftw@ts from MTV where hosting it and made a complete arse of the whole thing. You know the type, "hey guys we're here and we're totally down with the kids!!" what a pair of aholes:lol:

It's a pitty the invite is none transferable it would be nice if one of your buddy's could go instead.

Actually, there is no crying.

coltss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 coltss

[QUOTE="coltss"]wheres the people who said i was lying?Liams

i cant beleive they made it on a weekday :( i coulda gone if it was a friday or the weekend.

KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KrazyC18
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts
WTF!?!?!? how do u sign up for playstation.ca? ive bben there a lot, but i never noticed a way to sign up
Avatar image for deactivated-5855efbca02a1
deactivated-5855efbca02a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#29 deactivated-5855efbca02a1
Member since 2005 • 9341 Posts
...Lucky.
coltss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 coltss

WTF!?!?!? how do u sign up for playstation.ca? ive bben there a lot, but i never noticed a way to sign upKrazyC18

i didnt sign up i think this is related to that red ps3 contest or its from playstation underground