I finally took the plunge and got a PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I took the plunge last Friday and got a PS4. I got the game Knack. The game is nowhere near as terrible as I have heard. The last hour or so of the game was a bit of a chore, but the title is fun for the most part. You do not get a lot of moves to use, but the situations you run into while playing are challenging enough that boredom never really sets in.

I love the interface. Now I can actually get into the PS store without waiting a whole minute for it to load. I am looking into getting Killzone, Infamous, or Thief next. I am already a Plus member, so I have gotten all the free games for PS4 from the PSN website. I honestly do not know why some are bashing the PS4 library. It is pretty good for only being out 6 months or so.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

That's easy to say when everything is brand new to you. Having to wait for months on end might change your tune a bit.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I highly recommend Battlefield 4, Killzone and Infamous.

A lot of people bash the ps4 library like you said, but people bash a lot of things. Everyone has their own taste also, not everyone will like the games available at the moment.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamenerd15

@Bigboi500:

@Bigboi500 said:

That's easy to say when everything is brand new to you. Having to wait for months on end might change your tune a bit.

Who has been waiting months? on end? The system is still relatively new. The real question would be why people buy systems that do not have games that interest them?

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

@marcheegsr:

Brokenfield 4....Don't support EA, flat out ignore that company. Infamous is good. As for Killzone...meh nothing different then the last one on PS3.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bigboi500

@gamenerd15 said:

@Bigboi500:

@Bigboi500 said:

Who has been waiting months? on end? The system is still relatively new. The real question would be why people buy systems that do not have games that interest them?

Almost six months now. The only retail exclusives we've gotten are Knack, Killzone and Infamous: Second Son. Pretty weak so far.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

Get nba 2k14 and mgs ground zero. I would wait a few more months before I buy any more games since all the good ones are coming this summer and end of the yr. I have fun playing the playroom bots especially the Nina bot but you need the camera which I heard is scarce now.

I bash the indie games because I want AAA games coming out. To show us the power of t he ps4. Indie games rarely wow me graphically or creative wise just silly ass games. I do like resogun,outlast,dead nation and stridor. Looking forward to the MMA demo coming out soon from what I read on a gaming site. Of course I want watch dog, batman arkham knight, drive club, the order 1886 and division. A lot of games gave my interest but need reviews of the before buying them. Drive club and the order are questuoable based on the lack of information about them.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamenerd15

@Bigboi500 said:

@gamenerd15 said:

@Bigboi500:

@Bigboi500 said:

Almost six months now. The only retail exclusives we've gotten are Knack, Killzone and Infamous: Second Son. Pretty weak so far.

You say that as if the other console makers have that much more. What is the difference between retail titles and downloadable games? A game is a game. You have got Killzone, Knack, Infamous, Resogun, Mercenray Kings and Metal Gear out now. Games like Drive Club, Transistor, The Order, and Media Molecule's next game all coming out within this year hopefully. The whole "triple A" business model is not as big as it used to be. This is not a PS4 issue, but a model change that is affecting the gaming industry as a whole.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Welcome to the Dark Side *evil grin*

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Pffft! Child please . . . months on end? As the first six months of a console go, there's a decent amount of things to play on the PS4. Now if your videogame interests are limited or your attention span just a little better than a fly's, I can see how you might be disappointed.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bigboi500

@porkchopxp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Pffft! Child please . . . months on end? As the first six months of a console go, there's a decent amount of things to play on the PS4. Now if your videogame interests are limited or your attention span just a little better than a fly's, I can see how you might be disappointed.

Child? You can do better than that cupcake... err porkchop. Hell, the Wii U had a better launch window library than PS4. lol

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamenerd15

@Bigboi500 said:

@porkchopxp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

Child? You can do better than that cupcake... err porkchop. Hell, the Wii U had a better launch window library than PS4. lol

The Wii U had Mario Bros U, Nintendo Land, and Lego City during launch Window. Sony has had Knack, Killzone, Infamous, Resogun, and Mercenary Kings. Do not get me wrong I like Nintendo. I just bought a Wii U as a matter of fact, but Nintendo had the least amount of exclusives at launch this generation. It was not until August of last year that the Wii U actually had a solid library. The Wii U got better when Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 came out. PS4 has a solid library at this point and more games are still coming like transistor, Octodad, The Order, Media Molecule's next game and Drive Club. If you are just looking at boxed titles that push graphics to the max, then you will be severely disappointed this generation on any platform.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bigboi500

@gamenerd15: I mostly play RPGs, all kinds of them. I went with PS4 because I know the system will get games I want to play like Tales of games, Disgaea titles, and for games like Destiny, Dragon Age and the next Fallout and Elder Scrolls (not online mmo) and Witcher 3. I also love good DD games and can't wait for Child of Light.

I give all the systems a hard time for being slow to dish out new games, but I'm actually very happy with both my PS4 and Wii U. I'd even get a Xbox One if it ever gets a few exclusives I'm interested in.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamenerd15

@Bigboi500 said:

@gamenerd15: I mostly play RPGs, all kinds of them. I went with PS4 because I know the system will get games I want to play like Tales of games, Disgaea titles, and for games like Destiny, Dragon Age and the next Fallout and Elder Scrolls (not online mmo) and Witcher 3. I also love good DD games and can't wait for Child of Light.

I give all the systems a hard time for being slow to dish out new games, but I'm actually very happy with both my PS4 and Wii U. I'd even get a Xbox One if it ever gets a few exclusives I'm interested in.

That explains a lot. If you are only into RPG's then yes, you will be disappointed with the next generation systems as of now.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@gamenerd15 said:
I honestly do not know why some are bashing the PS4 library.

There's nothing worth playing and there's not going to be anything worth playing until at least mid 2015.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamenerd15

@Pffrbt said:

@gamenerd15 said:
I honestly do not know why some are bashing the PS4 library.

There's nothing worth playing and there's not going to be anything worth playing until at least mid 2015.

I am sorry that you are dissatisfied.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#17 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@gamenerd15 said:

I took the plunge last Friday and got a PS4. I got the game Knack. The game is nowhere near as terrible as I have heard. The last hour or so of the game was a bit of a chore, but the title is fun for the most part. You do not get a lot of moves to use, but the situations you run into while playing are challenging enough that boredom never really sets in.

I love the interface. Now I can actually get into the PS store without waiting a whole minute for it to load. I am looking into getting Killzone, Infamous, or Thief next. I am already a Plus member, so I have gotten all the free games for PS4 from the PSN website. I honestly do not know why some are bashing the PS4 library. It is pretty good for only being out 6 months or so.

the reason people are bashing it is because there haven't been a lot of games for it for the guys (like me) that bought it at launch

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

I'm enjoying my PS4 immensely but I can understand why people say there's not much to do on it yet. It has only been out 6 months but and for a gamer like myself who only games 2 hours a night there's still a lot of stuff available to keep me occupied until the next release. However for gamers who play maybe 5+ hours a day I can see why they might complain. It is just what happens like this in the early life of a system. Compared to the PS3s early software choices the PS4 is leaps and bounds ahead.

I've completed InFamous:SS 100% but still have Killzone (which is surprisingly good single player), Knack, Trine 2, mercenary kings, Outlast, Don't Starve, Flower, Warframe, Blacklight, DC Universe Online, Dead Nation and more to keep me going until the likes of Watchdogs come out.

I'm extremely happy with the games available this early in the consoles lifespan.