I don't understand the negative reaction to FFVII Remake having multiple installments

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kusimeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Kusimeka
Member since 2007 • 419 Posts

I, amongst many others have been waiting for a FFVII remake for many, many years. The remake has finally been announced and all I see is people whining and complaining in every FFVII related article about the installments.

When I first read that there would the game could be episodic, my heart sank at the thought of multiple 10-hour episodes. We now know that each installment will be as lengthy as a full game release, meaning that it will be possible to explore the FFVII universe in far more depth than before. What exactly is the problem here? Isn't this what we all wanted, more FFVII?

Personally, my only concern is the combat system becoming too action oriented, the multiple installments however, I'm all for that.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

The answer is simple, greed. People are afraid SE is going to take the game, cut it up, and sell 1/4th-1/3rd at a time for full price.

I'll be happy with FFVII Remake if I can get the whole game for close to the $60 norm. If it's going to cost more than that, then SE can go f themselves.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

Niether do I. Final Fantasy XIII did it.