This topic is locked from further discussion.

Clipper591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Clipper591
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

any tips on how to get good at it?

SaaM-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SaaM-x
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

Just keep playing it. Anyway is it any good? I was thinking about picking it up.

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

Just keep playing it. Anyway is it any good? I was thinking about picking it up.

SaaM-x

It's probably the hardest game to get good at. No matter how many games you've played before it, its community will guarantee that you can't stay in the air for more than five minutes at the beginning. It's amazing when you're doing really well, though.

SaaM-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SaaM-x
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

[QUOTE="SaaM-x"]

TSNAKE617

It's probably the hardest game to get good at. No matter how many games you've played before it, its community will guarantee that you can't stay in the air for more than five minutes at the beginning. It's amazing when you're doing really well, though.

Okay, thanks for the advice. I think I will stay away from it as it seems the kind of game to have a very hardcore community which are all amazing at the game. Am I right?

Clipper591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Clipper591
Member since 2009 • 277 Posts

[QUOTE="TSNAKE617"]

[QUOTE="SaaM-x"]

SaaM-x

Okay, thanks for the advice. I think I will stay away from it as it seems the kind of game to have a very hardcore community which are all amazing at the game. Am I right?

its a fun game but many people are really good at it. i picked it up for 10 dollars at wallmart on sale. its not that expensive and provides hours of online play you should buy it

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Warhawk is one of those games where if you stop playing for awhile, you'll start to become rusty. Best advice for getting good at the game is to play regularly, but not obsessively.

DanC1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 DanC1989
Member since 2004 • 50952 Posts
Just keep at it, you'll get there..and I almost guarantee that you'll want to throw the pad up the wall many times before you do. But it is worth it to be good. Stay in the rookie official servers for starters. :)
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Keep on foot for a bit. Get use to planes in the tutorial, and then you can do half and half with each.

Also google Warhawk tips, you could get some good tips.

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts
Well, planes are probably the best "class" of the game (in terms of power, and importance to the team), so it would do you a favor to get good with planes. I made the mistake of getting really good with tanks. Me and my friend would have epic 1vs1 tank vs plane matches, but when it comes down to playing as a team, a good pilot will do much more than a good tank driver.
usermikey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 usermikey
Member since 2008 • 506 Posts

I picked it up in '08. I'm thinking of getting the dlc bundle, so I can play on any map where they hosting play for trophies. Fun game, but I need to get better at it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I don't think it's available in Australia anymore (can't find it anywhere) I wish i could get this game..

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

I don't think it's available in Australia anymore (can't find it anywhere) I wish i could get this game..

BattleSpectre

It should be on PSN storeas well

Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Guaracy-
Member since 2010 • 653 Posts
Seriously. The secret is to keep playing and never stop. I used to have it and after playing it every week for about 6 months I was godlike at it, then I stopped for about 2 months and lost all my practice. There's no secret to getting good like Call of Duty, just keep playing. It's practice :)
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 shadow13702

Seriously. The secret is to keep playing and never stop. I used to have it and after playing it every week for about 6 months I was godlike at it, then I stopped for about 2 months and lost all my practice. There's no secret to getting good like Call of Duty, just keep playing. It's practice :)Guaracy-

Theres a sercet for black ops O.O !?!

Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Guaracy-

[QUOTE="Guaracy-"]Seriously. The secret is to keep playing and never stop. I used to have it and after playing it every week for about 6 months I was godlike at it, then I stopped for about 2 months and lost all my practice. There's no secret to getting good like Call of Duty, just keep playing. It's practice :)shadow13702

Well, there's jerk maneuvers and ways you can exploit the game in ways it wasn't meant to be played, like dropshotting, noobtubing, camping, quickscoping, glitching and whatnot. Warhawk doesn't have any of that :)
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I just play with a bunch of friends from time to time. Serious fun in Warhawk. When the game first came out I ranked up to commander or something but going for the trophies and medals was a pain and depressing. It definitely takes time to get good but you don't need to be super skilled to have fun.

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

BattleSpectre

I see it in JB hi fi all the time

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

[QUOTE="BattleSpectre"]

spookykid143

I see it in JB hi fi all the time

It must be where i live than bro (melbourne).

But i'll make sure to keep an eye out for it for sure, or just do what the other person said and buy it off the PSN store.

HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
Oh man, I haven't played this in years! But as people said, just keep at it and keep an eye on what other people do. You can learn some neat tricks for dogfights if you learn from others.
Peppino7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Peppino7
Member since 2003 • 249 Posts

any tips on how to get good at it?

Clipper591
Just reading about the responses from people and the fact that you JUST picked it up really makes me miss this game. I loved it and wish I played it like when I first got it. I remember my eyes hurting from nonstop play. Good luck
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shadow13702

[QUOTE="shadow13702"]

[QUOTE="Guaracy-"]Seriously. The secret is to keep playing and never stop. I used to have it and after playing it every week for about 6 months I was godlike at it, then I stopped for about 2 months and lost all my practice. There's no secret to getting good like Call of Duty, just keep playing. It's practice :)Guaracy-

Well, there's jerk maneuvers and ways you can exploit the game in ways it wasn't meant to be played, like dropshotting, noobtubing, camping, quickscoping, glitching and whatnot. Warhawk doesn't have any of that :)

You obvliously have not played black ops then... Dropshot is harder since you can't sprint and do it, noobtubing is fix, camping is well sort of less of a problem with the bludings having mutiple entence and 1 claymore only, qs is gone and jerk maneuvers is basically only use when you invest enough time or have faster reaction

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

Warhawk is one of those games where if you stop playing for awhile, you'll start to become rusty. Best advice for getting good at the game is to play regularly, but not obsessively.

Shad0ki11
Yeah I bought it when it came out(got headset too), and was pretty killer at it. But I stopped playing it and now get demolished.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#23 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Wow,it's good to see that the WH community is still active. I haven't played it in ages....might have to pick it up again. For those of you guys who still play it...how hard is it to find a match???

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#24 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I sold it a long time ago because of the stupid controls and difficulty, but that was in 2008. Should I pick it up again and try it out?

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
WarHawk was the ****, 2 years ago tho, the online its pretty meh now, I always get kicked out out matches for no reason at all
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Guaracy-

[QUOTE="Guaracy-"][QUOTE="shadow13702"]

shadow13702

You obvliously have not played black ops then... Dropshot is harder since you can't sprint and do it, noobtubing is fix, camping is well sort of less of a problem with the bludings having mutiple entence and 1 claymore only, qs is gone and jerk maneuvers is basically only use when you invest enough time or have faster reaction

Well, I didn't play Black Ops... Been playing CoD since CoD 4 and I didn't think it'd change with Black Ops, but if you say so... Yet another bunch of reasons for me to buy it :)