i been thinking of geting at ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nykid31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nykid31
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts

the last couple weeks i have been thinkin of get a ps3. i had a xbox 360 for like a year and a half but then i sold it cuz i did not have alot of time 2 play anymore and i wanted 2 focus on college. so now i have a lil more time 2 play all most all my friends got xbox360 only 2 of my friends got ps3s. what should i do give ps3 a shot or go back 2 xbox ??i been reading last couple days news and ps3 is not sellin good its not being played as much even the old xbox is being played more then the ps3 ????? lol

can i get some good reasons why i should get a ps3 and i no about home and wifi and bluethooth i no its free online. anything else thats good that i should no is the 09line up good ?

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

the last couple weeks i have been thinkin of get a ps3. i had a xbox 360 for like a year and a half but then i sold it cuz i did not have alot of time 2 play anymore and i wanted 2 focus on college. so now i have a lil more time 2 play all most all my friends got xbox360 only 2 of my friends got ps3s. what should i do give ps3 a shot or go back 2 xbox ??i been reading last couple days news and ps3 is not sellin good its not being played as much even the old xbox is being played more then the ps3 ????? lol

can i get some good reasons why i should get a ps3 and i no about home and wifi and bluethooth i no its free online. anything else thats good that i should no is the 09line up good ?

Nykid31
i think it is because xbox (original and 360) has been out longer than PS3
lahdeedah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 lahdeedah
Member since 2008 • 357 Posts

Nykid31
Doubt that thing is true. Get a PS3! I'll let other people give you reasons. I'm too lazy..
blazndragon0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blazndragon0
Member since 2006 • 703 Posts
Bad choice selling the 360. Never good to sell a gaming system, especially if you have enough to buy the other one (considering you do). Especially in your case where "all" your friends have 360s and only 2 have PS3s. If multiplayer is your thing, to be honest, you should get a 360. But since this is a "why should I get a PS3" thread, the 09 lineup is looking real solid. Uncharted 2, God of War 3, Heavy Rain, Killzone 2, InFamous, are but some of the major titles coming out for the PS3. It has a web browser (through wireless means for FREE if that tickles your fancy!), plays bluray, and it's free to play online! Also, the PS Store is greatly expanding with PS1 content, along with the video store adding 100s and 100s of titles to its repertoire. What more can you want?! By the way, you coulda done without the chart :P
SCzOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 SCzOwn
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts
Smh @ those stats, Does it matter who plays what more? PS3 is a great system.
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts

Nykid31

The image's list looks wrong. Wii should be above 360 and PS3 should be above the original X-box. I don't even want to know where you got this.

CoW_201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 CoW_201
Member since 2008 • 76 Posts
Get A PS3
nerdofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nerdofthering
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts
Lol Why'd you add the chart? Perhaps one of the reasons why the PS3 isn't played as much is because people can't afford the luxury.
KingJbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 KingJbc
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts

you should get a ps3 because:

- they are more reliable

- there controllers are chargeable so you don't need to buy batteries

- have better graphics

- turn on quicker

- they have SIX AXIS controllers which means its got motion sensor functions like tilting the controller left, right, up or down which works well on most racing games and some other games

- the controllers are a more comfortable shape

- has a wide selection of FPS games

- has web browser

- has PlayStation store which has everything from free demo's to themes or full games which aren't that expensive

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts
get a ps3
Nykid31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nykid31
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts

- they are more reliable

- have better graphics

- turn on quicker

- they have SIX AXIS controllers which means its got motion sensor functions like tilting the controller left, right, up or down which works well on most racing games and some other games

- has web browser

- has PlayStation store which has everything from free demo's to themes or full games which aren't that expensive

KingJbc

thanks man thats a good list.... anything else guys ??

nuyorican84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nuyorican84
Member since 2007 • 82 Posts

That chart by Nielsen is incredibly misleading & assuredly flawed. It doesn't take into account the greater versatility of the PS3 as compared to the other systems listed.Like many PS3 owners, when I'm not gaming on my PS3, I'm watching Blue-ray movies on it. Obviously, the number of minutes (which is a stupid way of attempting to quantify a system's popularity, BTW) I use my PS3 as a Blue-ray player will proportionally affect the average number of minutes I use the system as a gaming machine.

What am I missing here?

LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LoseEagles1245
Member since 2007 • 1115 Posts
[QUOTE="Nykid31"]

Rhen_Var

The image's list looks wrong. Wii should be above 360 and PS3 should be above the original X-box. I don't even want to know where you got this.

The chart is correct. Sales don't mean console usage. This proves most 360/PS3 gamers theories that people buy a Wii and quickly get bored of it. Nuyorican84, you can't use Blu-ray to say it's wrong, because on 360 you can watch DVD's and there's a rise in movie usage on the 360 because of Netflix. The number of people who watch Blu-ray on PS3, and DVD on 360 is probably pretty similar.

KingJbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#15 KingJbc
Member since 2008 • 42 Posts
[QUOTE="KingJbc"]

- they are more reliable

- have better graphics

- turn on quicker

- has web browser

Nykid31

thanks man thats a good list.... anything else guys ??

no problem:):)

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
i cant tell you cuz it wont be fair. if i say get PS3 then it would sound like cuz this is the PS3 forum. personally i like PS3 most and it has better games. you might want to look at the PS3 games check for yourself.
orbis_mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#17 orbis_mortis
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts
Just go get one and quit trying to get people to do your research for you (or make your decision for you).
weddy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 weddy92
Member since 2008 • 747 Posts
People we are forgeting the most important part of the ps3 TEH CELL
Avatar image for dumbass_warrior
dumbass_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 dumbass_warrior
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts
lol
Avatar image for dumbass_warrior
dumbass_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 dumbass_warrior
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts
man you cant make people make your decisions for you just look at the exclusives and upcoming exclusives for both the consoles and see wich ones you like best well personally i like the PS3 more and here are some good upcoming exclusive titles killzone2, god of war 3, uncharted 2...
brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts

First of all. I don't buy those stats because of the fact that

1) not everybody has internet, so they can't know who's playing what at all times: unless "big brother" is actually watching.

2) I've been a gamer for a while, and I've never seen anyone play a game (outside the old arcade types) for just a couple of minutes. Heck, the opening cinemas are longer than that on some games.

3) Does it really matter how long others are gaming if you're limited on time?

4) Don't worry about what others are playing on which system. Make a stand, and decide what you like. What system has more of the games that interest you?

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts
Stats don't mean anything. Granted the game you play online does matter. Unreal Tournament 3 and Hot Shots Golf 5 had hardly anyone, but Warhawk, Resistance 2, Burnout and Call of Duty had plenty. There is enough people playing on all systems so don't worry about not being able to play with anyone else. The chances you get stuck with a game no one plays are almost non existent. Who knows the games I mentioned could have more players as of now. I am only speaking as of launch.