I am so lost about the NEW PS3; HELP!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kamash1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kamash1
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts

I am so lost, the New 80GB PS3 is $399 and comes with a DualShock 3 controller but does not have backward compatibility; Now the 160GB PS3 model is $499 also comes with a DualShock 3 controller and does not have backward compatibility. My point is… the difference between the NEW 80GB and the 160GB model is that the 160GB has more storage capacity and comes with two games Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Pain.

So my question is… will the NEW 80GB PS3 come with anything like a game or a Blu-Ray Movie?

If I said something wrong or you have more info please tell me; I AM SO LOST!... HELP!
Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

I am so lost, the New 80GB PS3 is $399 and comes with a DualShock 3 controller but does not have backward compatibility; Now the 160GB PS3 model is $499 also comes with a DualShock 3 controller and does not have backward compatibility. My point is… the difference between the NEW 80GB and the 160GB model is that the 160GB has more storage capacity and comes with two games Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Pain.

So my question is… will the NEW 80GB PS3 come with anything like a game or a Blu-Ray Movie?

If I said something wrong or you have more info please tell me; I AM SO LOST!... HELP!kamash1

dont think it comes with anything...you don't seems that lost..

kamash1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kamash1
[QUOTE="kamash1"]

If I said something wrong or you have more info please tell me; I AM SO LOST!... HELP!Unknown_Hero3

But I think that is not fair because the "old" 80GB PS3 comes with a game or a Blu-Ray movie.

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"][QUOTE="kamash1"]

If I said something wrong or you have more info please tell me; I AM SO LOST!... HELP!kamash1

But I think that is not fair because the "old" 80GB PS3 comes with a game or a Blu-Ray movie.

ok....you cant do nothing about it..the old 80gigs came with MotorStorm...i should know8)

kamash1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kamash1
[QUOTE="kamash1"][QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"][QUOTE="kamash1"]

If I said something wrong or you have more info please tell me; I AM SO LOST!... HELP!Unknown_Hero3

ok....you cant do nothing about it..the old 80gigs came with MotorStorm...i should know8)

My point is the "NEW" 80GB should come with something.... a Blu-Ray movie, Anything you know!

TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 TheSonOfUgly
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts
[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"][QUOTE="kamash1"][QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"][QUOTE="kamash1"]

My point is the "NEW" 80GB should come with something.... a Blu-Ray movie, Anything you know!

Well the new 80gb is the old 40gb. Did the 4gb have anything special?

kamash1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kamash1
[QUOTE="kamash1"][QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"][QUOTE="kamash1"][QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"][QUOTE="kamash1"]

If I said something wrong or you have more info please tell me; I AM SO LOST!... HELP!TheSonOfUgly

Well the new 80gb is the old 40gb. Did the 40gb have anything special?

YES a Blu-Ray Movie

OrwellJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 OrwellJames
Member since 2008 • 591 Posts
The new PS3 doesn't come with anything because it's an 80GB model for $100 less than they usually cost. In fairness, that's not a great deal compared to the backwards compatible MGS4 bundle or Motorstorm bundle for only $100 more but, then again, Sony still isn't close to turning a profit on their hardware sales and people are still somehow hesitant. Sony is the only video game hardware producer to reward early adopters and it looks like you missed the boat. Bite the bullet.
kamash1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kamash1

The new PS3 doesn't come with anything because it's an 80GB model for $100 less than they usually cost. In fairness, that's not a great deal compared to the backwards compatible MGS4 bundle or Motorstorm bundle for only $100 more but, then again, Sony still isn't close to turning a profit on their hardware sales and people are still somehow hesitant. Sony is the only video game hardware producer to reward early adopters and it looks like you missed the boat. Bite the bullet.OrwellJames

And that is why PS3 is in third place. Look out for your buyers sony, those are the people that make you the money!

mezzo20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 mezzo20
Member since 2008 • 1702 Posts
yes the 160gb packe a copy of uncharted and a coupon to download a game for free off the psn.
kamash1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kamash1

yes the 160gb packe a copy of uncharted and a coupon to download a game for free off the psn.mezzo20

LOL Read the question before you answer.

footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts
No BC no Blu-ray on ether of the new SKUs. Though your not losing any thing cause spiderman 3 kind of sucked so its fine to miss out on that
kamash1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kamash1

No BC no Blu-ray on ether of the new SKUs. Though your not losing any thing cause spiderman 3 kind of sucked so its fine to miss out on thatfootfoe2

But at least you got something, and now you get nothing. NO BC, NO MC Reader, OR Movie.

AceJakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AceJakk
Member since 2007 • 344 Posts

Just buy the MGS4 bundle - sure it's not a 120gb HD, but there's no reason you should ever need that much space on a home console (get a portable HD and hook it up if you do). The Uncharted bundle comes with *gasp* Uncharted, but that just means that the price of uncharted will drop after the holiday season. All in all, the MGS4 bundle PS3 is the best that Sony has offered yet, and probably will offer for another year or so (they may do something unique with FF:Versus XIII).

kamash1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kamash1

Just buy the MGS4 bundle - sure it's not a 120gb HD, but there's no reason you should ever need that much space on a home console (get a portable HD and hook it up if you do). The Uncharted bundle comes with *gasp* Uncharted, but that just means that the price of uncharted will drop after the holiday season. All in all, the MGS4 bundle PS3 is the best that Sony has offered yet, and probably will offer for another year or so (they may do something unique with FF:Versus XIII).

AceJakk

Good Point.

OrwellJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OrwellJames
Member since 2008 • 591 Posts

Look out for your buyers sony, those are the people that make you the money!

Actually until they start buying software, they're the people that lose Sony the money, hence why more room for more expensive DLC is exactly what they should be offering. Not to mention, based on manufacturing costs and overall utility, the PS3 is without doubt the most cost effective console. If you can't afford it, you can cry with the XBots, and if you can, you can laugh with the Sony fanboys, but either way being expensive doesn't make it a bad deal.

footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts

[QUOTE="footfoe2"]No BC no Blu-ray on ether of the new SKUs. Though your not losing any thing cause spiderman 3 kind of sucked so its fine to miss out on thatkamash1

But at least you got something, and now you get nothing. NO BC, NO MC Reader, OR Movie.

Twice the memory do you understand twice the memory at the same cost, i don't see the problem