I am new to the God of War series, where do I start...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

epichotcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 epichotcheese
Member since 2011 • 162 Posts

I am planning to get all 3 games tomorrow but what is the order I need to play them to fully experience the story?

God of War Collection

God of War Orgins

God of War 3

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
That's great! I was gonna ask if you had them all. This is chronological order: Chains of Olympus God of War 1 Ghost of Sparta God of War 2 God of War 3 EDIT: But as mad_krips said, it would be better to play GoW1 first. Chains spoils some things in GoW1.
YouVandal3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 YouVandal3
Member since 2007 • 1616 Posts

ive only played 3....but man is it a fun game.

PayneKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 PayneKiller
Member since 2005 • 2247 Posts

I'd still say play God of War 1 first. Cause if you play the Origins collection first and then you play 1 you will feel they are 'introducing' Kratos to you when you've already learned about who he is now from the other two games. Do GOW1 1st, then Origins Collection, then back to 2 then 3.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts

I'd still say play God of War 1 first. Cause if you play the Origins collection first and then you play 1 you will feel they are 'introducing' Kratos to you when you've already learned about who he is now from the other two games. Do GOW1 1st, then Origins Collection, then back to 2 then 3.

mad_krips
I could get behind that. In fact, I just remembered something important so it would be best to play GoW1. Chains of Olympus would spoil some big parts in GoW1.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
IMO, in this order: GoW1(Collection), Origins, GoW2(Collection), GoW3.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
god of war collection then god of war 3 and then origins
CBottom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CBottom7
Member since 2009 • 822 Posts

God of War 1, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta, God of War 2, God of War 3 on "Hero" or medium then play again on HARD ... and once more on EASY for good measure. Then go back and study Greek mythology for 6 months, then play them again on Medium and then you will believe you are Kratos reincarnated. Just don't go all crazy ...

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
1, 2, and Ghosts of Sparta are all great IMO. Chains of Olympus is 'meh' 3 is terrible
koospetoors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 koospetoors
Member since 2004 • 3715 Posts

God of War 1, Chains of Olympus, Ghost of Sparta, God of War 2, God of War 3 on "Hero" or medium then play again on HARD ... and once more on EASY for good measure. Then go back and study Greek mythology for 6 months, then play them again on Medium and then you will believe you are Kratos reincarnated. Just don't go all crazy ...

CBottom7

PayneKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PayneKiller
Member since 2005 • 2247 Posts

CBottom7

wth.... have you been watching me?

JessMarz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 JessMarz
Member since 2011 • 118 Posts

God of War and God of War 2 first then God or War 3. The other two are side stories/prequels. Just stick with the mains.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

That is going to be a great 3 weeks of your life... granted you have something esle to do... otherwise you can beat all those game in 2 weeks

HARDCORE

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

i've been seeing alot of people asking which order they should play. i'm pretty sure, not i am sure, you play it god1, 2, 3, then the side stories, really they wouldn't of done it that way if they wanted you to play it any other way, the origins is a side story, there ment to be played after the main story, to fill some gaps in the series. but if you play them first, it spoils the games, because your'll already no why that happens and will make the story not so good.

CBottom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CBottom7
Member since 2009 • 822 Posts

[QUOTE="CBottom7"]

mad_krips

wth.... have you been watching me?

:twisted: